• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Ph3lan #1 Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:34 PM

Community Operations Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 18698 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hey guys,

I know that you are eagerly waiting for an update about the chat issues so I would like to get you up to speed on where we stand and what we are doing to solve the situation.

What we know so far:

- We had similar chat issues in October/November (These were eventually resolved)

- While these issues seem very similar, in terms of the end result, to the ones in October/November and the current ones are not actually the same.

- The chat/invite problems are related, and we identified the culprit in our Chat Server Protocol.

- The friend list issues (players added to the friend list without you actually accepting the request) are a separate bug, not related to the “chat issues”.

What is being done:

- Chat/invite problems: Our devs are working on fixing and updating the chat server protocol. They have found a solution which is now being tested and once we are sure it works it will be implemented.

- Friend list issues: We have identified the issue here. It is being tested and will be rolled out as soon as it is ready.

Unfortunately, I can’t tell you exactly when the fixes will be implemented, we have to make sure that they actually are fixing all the issues and preventing them from happening again. We need a cure, not a band aid this time. That being said I wanted to let you know that we are aware that you are experiencing this problems and we are actually actively working on fixing them! I hope that you can be patient with us a little bit longer, thank you for your understanding!

Your WoT Team

Edited by Ph3lan, 21 September 2018 - 09:25 AM.
Clarified that only the chat issues were resolved

Dexatroph #2 Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:49 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 46304 battles

Hello Ph3lan,

thanks for the update. Such updates should be be spread a little faster as the current complete breakdown is ongoing since most likely 1 week.

I would like to point out one more thing for the  "What we know so far" list.

All the time since the first crash/breakdown I encountered ongoing chat issues. Not a complte breakdown, but I had trouble contacting friends or chat msg just disappear (Chat box blinks, Chat box shows up - but no message was displayed). And I heared that from many other players. Maybe that info is helpful as well for the researches.

Edited by Dexatroph, 20 September 2018 - 02:51 PM.

FireflyDivision #3 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:03 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24510 battles
  • [-GO] -GO

View PostDexatroph, on 20 September 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

Hello Ph3lan,

thanks for the update. Such updates should be be spread a little faster as the current complete breakdown is ongoing since most likely 1 week.

I would like to point out one more thing for the  "What we know so far" list.

All the time since the first crash/breakdown I encountered ongoing chat issues. Not a complte breakdown, but I had trouble contacting friends or chat msg just disappear (Chat box blinks, Chat box shows up - but no message was displayed). And I heared that from many other players. Maybe that info is helpful as well for the researches.

Yes. This is correct. At the times when it worked, some chat messages randomly disappeared. 

Tidal_Force #4 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16195 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostPh3lan, on 20 September 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

Hey guys,

I know that you are eagerly waiting for an update about the chat issues so I would like to get you up to speed on where we stand and what we are doing to solve the situation.

What we know so far:

- We had similar issues in October/November (These were eventually resolved)

- While these issues seem very similar, in terms of the end result, to the ones in October/November and the current ones are not actually the same.

- The chat/invite problems are related, and we identified the culprit in our Chat Server Protocol.

- The friend list issues (players added to the friend list without you actually accepting the request) are a separate bug, not related to the “chat issues”.

What is being done:

- Chat/invite problems: Our devs are working on fixing and updating the chat server protocol. They have found a solution which is now being tested and once we are sure it works it will be implemented.

- Friend list issues: We have identified the issue here. It is being tested and will be rolled out as soon as it is ready.

Unfortunately, I can’t tell you exactly when the fixes will be implemented, we have to make sure that they actually are fixing all the issues and preventing them from happening again. We need a cure, not a band aid this time. That being said I wanted to let you know that we are aware that you are experiencing this problems and we are actually actively working on fixing them! I hope that you can be patient with us a little bit longer, thank you for your understanding!

Your WoT Team

Ah. Finally official information, exactly what Long_Range_Sniper asked for. I wonder why he hasn't replied to this thread yet, though.

HaZardeur #5 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35433 battles

Amazing... it took only 1 year of bi-weekly "reminder threads" in the Gameplay forum section to get an update from WG.

Andrasan89 #6 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7735 battles
  • [NEBUN] NEBUN

who cares this when balance is still broken and p2w...?

thats just a...secondary problem...main problems are still here and even worse...nobody talks about them (nobody from WG)

:facepalm:

Edited by Andrasan89, 20 September 2018 - 03:11 PM.

hazattack #7 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18226 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Communication from WG :o

Edited by thehazattack1, 20 September 2018 - 03:12 PM.

TheArk_2014 #8 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64427 battles
  • [AETOS] AETOS
No Comment.

TheDrownedApe #9 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 46934 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
I'm in shock. Finally they realised that communication is a good thing. shame we can't do the same with our friends

Balc0ra #10 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69273 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

That's fine and dandy. But why do you lot always wait to say anything, or comment on the issues right before a fix? Vs when it's ongoing or being investigated? Even if you don't know anything, it's better to speak up about it to let players know that WG knows about the issue at least.

Considering how many topics we have seen about this the past 2 months. A few simple responses and updates would calm most of it down, vs waiting until you know there is a fix for it. WOWS EU did that on one of the biggest bugs they had. Took 5 months to fix it. But they had almost weekly updates, even if they had nothing more to add. Thus no one complained about it daily. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 20 September 2018 - 03:18 PM.

Danger__UXB #11 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:22 PM

Major

• Player
  • 9786 battles

I would consider this announcement alone a great big step in the right direction for WG..

Its nice to see some communication from the WG staff towards the playerbase on issues..

Keep it up and you would be suprised how far 'Goodwill' can go:great:

MofaKlaus_ #12 Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19054 battles
  • [X__G] X__G
DEW IT!

somegras #13 Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:07 PM

General

• Player
  • 49815 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Took you long enough to even mention this.

arthurwellsley #14 Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:29 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 52980 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostPh3lan, on 20 September 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

Hey guys,

What we know so far:

- We had similar issues in October/November (These were eventually resolved)

What is being done:

Your WoT Team

Dear Kandly

Thank you for the explanation.

Please note that you have placed it in the "annoucements" section.

But most of the active forumites (who give you ingame "reach" )  tend to look at the gameplay section first. I know I found this thread in annoucements due to you posting in a gameplay thread.

Please could you perhaps consider placing your orginial post into gameplay and sticking it to the top?

Many Thanks

Arthurwellsley

Edited by arthurwellsley, 20 September 2018 - 04:30 PM.

Ph3lan #15 Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:33 PM

Community Operations Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 18698 battles
  • [WG] WG

View Postarthurwellsley, on 20 September 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Dear Kandly

Thank you for the explanation.

Please note that you have placed it in the "annoucements" section.

But most of the active forumites (who give you ingame "reach" )  tend to look at the gameplay section first. I know I found this thread in annoucements due to you posting in a gameplay thread.

Please could you perhaps consider placing your orginial post into gameplay and sticking it to the top?

Many Thanks

Arthurwellsley

Good point, I have moved the thread and pinned it in Gameplay!

Rupolsky #16 Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1730 battles
  • [HUZ1] HUZ1

I am thinking of coming back to play World of Tanks after a break, but I am concerned about all these bugs and issues. Is it worth downloading the game again? Also, as a company with questionable values, I am concerned that my private data will not be safe, and my opinions will be subject to censorship if they are not popular with Wargaming. Is this game worth it now, and are Wargaming a company worthy of my money? Will they just trample on the little guy.

#tr0glivesmatter

jabster #17 Posted 20 September 2018 - 06:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12627 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
Excellent update. I’m very much looking forward to the next one in six months time.

kubawt112 #18 Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 September 2018 - 03:17 PM, said:

That's fine and dandy. But why do you lot always wait to say anything, or comment on the issues right before a fix? Vs when it's ongoing or being investigated? Even if you don't know anything, it's better to speak up about it to let players know that WG knows about the issue at least.

Considering how many topics we have seen about this the past 2 months. A few simple responses and updates would calm most of it down, vs waiting until you know there is a fix for it. WOWS EU did that on one of the biggest bugs they had. Took 5 months to fix it. But they had almost weekly updates, even if they had nothing more to add. Thus no one complained about it daily. 

I suspect they will not be at liberty to share the reason why they have changed their minds - but there is probably a hero or two somewhere. :)

gunslingerXXX #19 Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11985 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

In terms of compensation I think I would like the KV-2(x) rented for a week or so. 

I only use the chat to 'congratulate' players or arty after the match to get rid of some frustration. The KV-2(x), basically a KV-2 only with a 5 second reload, will help to get rid of the build-up stress.

Edit: thank you in advance!

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 20 September 2018 - 07:38 PM.

Balc0ra #20 Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 69273 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postkubawt112, on 20 September 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

I suspect they will not be at liberty to share the reason why they have changed their minds - but there is probably a hero or two somewhere. :)

Well, ofc I get that. But as I said, any news is better then no news or silence. Just a simple "we know" is all most need. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users