DeadEye Perk

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Pycnopodia #1 Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5835 battles
  • [VI] VI
The DeadEye perk will increase your chance to critically damage modules/crew in enemy tanks using AP shells, will this reduce your tanks damage?

Imagine an enemy tank with 1% health left before you critically hit its observation device, fuel tanks, tracks, driver, radio operator, radio, engine etc. while he finishes you off..

To me it seems like a good idea to avoid this perk, you want to reduce your number of critical hits in order to get good hits.

In other games critical hits do extra damage, in WoT the shell might as well bounce off sometimes. It would make more sense if the critical hits did normal damage in addition to damaging a module.

Any thoughts on this?

Valerius #2 Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14830 battles
  • [AOS] AOS
Critical hit means you struck a module/crew, but it doesn't chose which at random. It all depends on where YOU shoot. So if you want to avoid crits, don't fire at where the modules are located...

The Deadeye perk gives a bonus to the damage you do to modules, it doesn't make you magically strike the module. Meaning there is a greater chance the damage will spill over onto the hull (destroying the module)

I see the perk as a great opportunity to knock out some ammo racks :)

war4peace #3 Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Translator
  • 15149 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostValerius, on 30 March 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

Critical hit means you struck a module/crew, but it doesn't chose which at random. It all depends on where YOU shoot. So if you want to avoid crits, don't fire at where the modules are located...

The Deadeye perk gives a bonus to the damage you do to modules, it doesn't make you magically strike the module. Meaning there is a greater chance the damage will spill over onto the hull (destroying the module)

In other words, if you hit a zone where no modules are, there's a higher chance a nearby module is affected as well.

ammarmar #4 Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22554 battles
I think there is a total misconception about this perk because of so called "0% criticals". 0% criticals mostly happen when you hit tracks. The armor is not penetrated because tracks "soaked" all the damage.

When you actually penetrate the armor, you:

1. Do damage to HP
2. Have 20% chance that any module/crew that is on the way will be damaged/hurt

Dead Eye perk is supposed to increase the base 20% so you have more chance to damage a module IN ADDITION to damaging the tank. A lucky shot can kill multiple crew members/damage multiple modules and leave the enemy tank severely crippled.

This is actually a very good thing - e.g. killed driver in a medium tank may mean its demise. I don't have to tell you what damaged ammo rack means.

Orkel2 #5 Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17313 battles
  • [BIRDS] BIRDS

View PostValerius, on 30 March 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

No. The way it works is that it increases the chance of actually hitting them.

For example, when your shell penetrates and happens to go through the ammo rack hitbox, there's a 27% chance of hitting it. Depends on module.

The Deadeye skill gives a 3% chance bonus. So in this case it makes the chance of damaging the ammo go from 27% to 30%.

The chances for module damage taken from wiki:

Engine: 45%
    Ammo rack: 27%
    Fuel tank: 45%
    Optics: 45%
    Radio: 45%
    Gun: 33%
    Turret ring: 45%
    Crew: 33%

Deadeye skill adds 3% to each.

OpCentar #6 Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34576 battles
pew-pew guns with high RoF are going to benefit the most from this perk.

Can't wait to try it out in my B2 this evening (:

Perscienter #7 Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7427 battles
It is an important question and I'm not sure about the answer. The wiki states:

Hit enemy tank, got a critical, but caused no HP damage: Possibilities ... Shot penetrated and went into a module/crew member and caused no damage. ... but the concept that a shell can "lose" damage by hitting a crew member or a module should be remembered.

But I guess this perk is about the saving throws. The description is a bit ambiguitive, like always. It could also mean, that it hits modules/crew more often without changing anything about the saving throws. I can only guess the correct answer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users