The Lorraine feeling

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

CrimsonEntropy #121 Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29024 battles
I had some insults lofted my way a couple of times but I can't say it bothered me - once when sniping and remaining hidden because an early arty hit had done significant damage and once when pushing a flank in the company of a Type and T44.....yes, for once the T59 avoided the abuse and I received it :)

I believe the IS3 driver in question called me a "Baguette Wagon Noob" for soloing him down but in my defence, he was on a flank alone in scant cover......

MantrasOfWar #122 Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 63736 battles
  • [D57T] D57T
Hello all,

to bad i did not played lorry when was a "op tank" .
I have this tanks for few days was a really pain till i get the gun the 90 one and the first engine.Then it was kinda ok. I do well in amx 13/90 but lorry is not amx . I figurate how to play with this tank. stay always back let heavy to engage and snipe snipe reload look minimap and see where you need to go . I know lorry have speed but this speed is not for get fisrt in battle line it is for relocate in sniper positions.
Then i reserched the 100 gun and after 2 matches i get back the 90.
the 100 gun have to much reload to much time beetwen shoots to much aim bad dmg/min.

So anyone who will use lorry stay with 90 gun the 100 one it is for batman :) 212 penetration for a medium tank it's ok .

Killatomate #123 Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19200 battles
i tried my Lorraine for the first time after the nerf again and it was terrible. you totally ambush enemies, drive right into their ass while they are distracted, and thanks to 4.5 seconds aiming + 4.5 seconds reload you can fire a total of 1 shells before the enemy kills your crew and modules.
i only need 40k exp to batchat, but there is NO WAY i am going to grind for it, even if i get a free slot and free tier 10 tank.

autoloader? my ass!
NO WAY. fug this sh1t, fk WB

OpCentar #124 Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 55139 battles
Welcome to the Lorraine - the autloader hoax with the worst DPM @tier 8.

Souroy #125 Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 11133 battles
By the way the devs made several mistakes when modelling the tank:

Gun Elevation/Depression:

The WoT wiki give us -6°/+11°.

Let's take a look at the official technical notice, page 3:

Posted Image

It's clearly indicate -8°/+15°.

Crew members:

Ingame the crew is made of:
- A Commander (also Radio-Operator and Loader)
- A Gunner (also Loader)
- And a Driver

IRL, as indicated in the notice, again on page 3:

Posted Image

Crew:
Four men:
In the turret: a Tank Commander, a Gunner and a Loader.
In the hull: a Driver.

And AFAIK it was the same for the Batignolles-Châtillon 25t.

Size:

I also have strong assumption that the Lorraine ingame is bigger than what it was IRL.
I'll pass on the screenshot of the notice for this case, the values are found page 4:

Height with turret (TC cupola not included): 2.510m
Length (with gun (100mm SA47)): 10.800m
Length (without gun): 7.050m
Width: 3.300m

One could mention that the turret does not seems to be the real one.

Armor:

Curiously the hull sides have ingame 40mm opposed to the 30mm they had IRL (Notice page 4).

The frontal plate seems to be less sloped than IRL (58° from the vertical - Notice page 4).

This picture gives a good idea of the general size of the tank as well as of the slope.

Fawlty_Turrets #126 Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20380 battles

View PostCimex1105, on 31 March 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

What I don't understand is people always complaining about groups of french tanks and demanding a nerf. Blame the MM, not the tanks ffs. It can't be that hard to balance a 3 BatChat platoon with another one.

On topic: Well yea, the feeling is gone. For me it's mostly the non-existant gun depression. Only plus side (sarcasm alert): You can now spend your 55 second reload time finding an angle so you can shoot stuff. Still I bet the "nerf french tanks" rage will continue. Good players will find ways to still own noobs with those tanks, the noobs will still complain. So I'm waiting for the next nerf.

To the casual players: Don't waste your creds/exp on french T8+ anymore. You will just cry. Get an IS-4.
Better idea get an IS7, least it does not have that ridiculous hatch on the front of the armour, the bit that needs to face the enemy for armour slope to "work."

telamiina #127 Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 12207 battles
  • [POP] POP
I have a feeling and its good.
I did have hard time at first but after segond engine Lorraine really feels good.
Wery good tank , ofcourse i have ongly few games under my belt but it feels like its going to be my new faforit,

When driving Lorraine you notice to count possible hp's lost against enemy, you really dont expect any dings at all :D

FUN FUN!

Vahal #128 Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16075 battles
  • [BIMA] BIMA
souroy, you should know by the time, that dev team doesnt make mistake, they have the only real/right sources, that's reality who's wrong :Smile_veryhappy:
Thank you to show us real sources.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users