• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

LonelyProphet #1 Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12657 battles
Hi all new member here i am posting to ask about the game

is it that good like everyone says

what makes it difference than other games with payment is it balanced ?
i don't want some premium guy pwn me in the first minutes of the game

is the game progression smooth or ridiculously hard example i can i get a new part after
10 batles and its better by an inch of mine
or like the cash is really low i can hardly get a new tank in 2 weeks and get pwnd and left behind

does the  premium members have a bigger advantage than the free or just a quick start
i read there's  premium tanks how many are there and is it stupidly powerful
example
it can take me out with a single shell from 1000 k/m away or
ridiculously heavy armor that my shells wont even dent it

sorry for my rage its just i am sick of games
that have the rule pay to play
and give the freeloaders only scraps of the game

elektrizikekswerk #2 Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 7453 battles
At the beginning the game is quite easy. You don't reach a level 2 tank in 2 weeks but more in 2 hours.
Well, the learning curve increases significantly at level 3 to 4 (depending on tank). But it get's smoother again later (level 5 to 7 - depending on tank).

When you fully research a tank it gets the "Elite-Status". The premium tanks are stronger than stock tanks (fresh from the shop) but weaker than elite tanks on the same level. Besically they generate just more credits. The highest premium tanks are level 8. The highest normal tanks are level 10.
The only advantage of premium accounts is a 50%-bonus on experience and credits in each battle. So they just proceed faster in the tech trees. They have no advantages in the battles themselfes.

Well, there is so callesd premium-ammo. In comparison to normal ammo most of them have petter penetration values so it's easier to damage a tank with premium ammo. But it's no guarantee for damage. However, in random battles (the standard game mode) only a few people use premium ammo - most use it for clan wars only.

So in comparison to most so called "free to play" games you have no significant advantages in the battles if you are willing to pay.

Payment items are well balanced with free items.
You can reach any game content (except premium tanks and premium ammo) without paying and - most important - you are competitive.

LonelyProphet #3 Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12657 battles
Wow that a relief thanks for the help
elite tanks is it max lv tank or something ?
and i noticed there's repair cost lets say my tank is heavily
damaged and i have no cash how i am supposed to fix it
or it auto repair but really slow

elektrizikekswerk #4 Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 7453 battles
An elite tank is not a max lvl tank.

There are 10 levels in this game - they're called "tiers" here.
Each tank has a specific tier.
When you start the game the first time, you'll find 4 tanks in your garage (aka hangar). Each tier 1 tank of each nation (France, Germany, USA, USSR).
If you play with a tank you get experience points (XP) and credits (aka silver). With the XP you may unlock new modules (e.g. weapons, engines etc) and new tanks. If you have researched each module and each tank on a tank, the tank becomes elite.
So, every tank may eventually become elite. But a tier 1 tank always stays a tier 1 tank - independent from being elite or not.

Basically all XP are bound on the vehicle with which you achieved them. This means, if you want to upgrade the gun for tank A you have to drive with tank A to collect XP on this tank.
(Well, there are so called "Free XP". You get 5% of your XP from each battle additional as Free XP. Those Free XP are usable on every tank.)
If a tank became elite (everything researched), you have two options:
1. You can convert all XP earned (after reaching eliet-status) on that tank to free XP. Unfortunatley this option costs real money. But as you see gives you no advantages in the battles. You may just procedd faster.
2. You use the XP to train your crew faster. Better crews result in better overall tank performance. It's called "Accelerated Crew Trainig", or ACT.

You don't have to worry about repair (and ammo) cost in the first place. The economics of this game are designed in a way that you will (almost) always make profit on the first five tiers - unless you fail extremly.
And: The repair of tier 1 tanks (and ammo for their stock guns) is for free - so are the tier 1 tanks themselves.

So: even if you have a garage full of tanks above tier 1 where you can't afford the repair cost, you are always able to get a tier 1 tank for free and make some money with it. But there is no thing like "repair over time" or something like that.
A tank has to be repaired completely to start a new battle with it.

To sum up: If you start the game the first time, you pick one of the four tier 1 tanks in your garage, click on the "Battle"-Button and enter your first battle. You can sell any tank whenever you want (limited to five per day) and buy any tank you have researched (if you have enough credits). You gain XP for research and credits for buying things at the end of each battle (basically depending on the damage you dealt on enemy tanks).

If you want to know further details about the tanks or the battle mechanics I recommend those sources:
In-Game Vehicle section (Forum)
Newcomer's Forum
World of Tanks Wiki

Of course you can ask further questions, if you want to - especially the battle mechanics may be quite misunderstandable due to complexity. I (or anyone else) will answer them.

LonelyProphet #5 Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12657 battles
Wow my mind was blown by a a tank shell this game rocks !

quick question
whats the difference between France, Germany, USA, USSR tanks ?

elektrizikekswerk #6 Posted 01 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 7453 battles
Hard to tell.
What I'll write now you've always to see as a comparison to the other nations:

Germany: Precise weapons, good armor, high hitpoints, cumbersome
USSR: Good mobility, imprecise weapons, high damage
USA: Somewhere in between.
France: Very high mobility, weak armor, low hitpoints, magazine-filled guns (4-6 shots in about 10 seconds, then up to 55 seconds reload the magazine - depending on tank/gun).

In each techtree there are exceptions to the "rules" above.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users