WoT 9.0 - a completely different game = MMORPG with tanks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

PAKFA #1 Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
WoT 9.0 (since 8.0 was already taken by Doug).

Has any one of you ever thought about how this game could have looked if if would have been completely different compared to as it now?

Forget about 15 vs 15 random players and random matches, forget about MM, forget about teams and any game mode consisting teams in a closed and small environment like the maps are now.

Now think about this:
1. Huge persistent world with maps sizes consisting of double digit square kilometers. Connected between them with border gates and one click away loading to next map.
2. Hundreds of players playing at any given time on those maps which can be solo players of any level (considering the map limits only) or players belonging to big guilds (armies).
3. The persistent maps and world will have an actual real time occupational system based on actual players that are online in that part of the world/map fighting for whatever that map has to offer in terms of resources.
4. Real player made e-drama (story line) based on the wars between guilds (armies) for controlling the territories of the world, with a backbone script of a "WW2 never ended" scenario.
5. Player progression system based on lots of RPG skills (adapted to tanks) that either 1 entity character or a team of characters will have them leveled similar to heroes in other MMORPGs. The player will then just buy new tanks with money earned by fighting/killing/damaging enemies and/or taking part of the wars between (guilds) armies and controlling territories and also from player driven economy system - markets, auctions, etc.
6. The game system can be similar to this one, as in, more arcade-ish than simulation for a wider public appeal, but with better graphics and physics overall.

Now imagine a tank game like this, with lots of other stuff that I can't think of now because I'm to tired, which will also include eventually planes, battleships and submarines and probably other kinds of vehicles and machines that have existed and could have existed in a "WW2 never ended" scenario. But let's just stick to the tank part for now, since this is a forum for a tank game.

Anyway I for one would love to see such a game and I would definitely play and pay for it, even in a f2p system, for this 2 simple reasons: I love tanks and MMORPGs. I think a combination of both could be epic. Would be pretty hard to make it a quality game, but doable nevertheless.

Please feel free to add more points, if you like the idea as I'm off to bed now...zzz. -_-

Jogonam #2 Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
greetings from the past,time traveler.
I don't think the game will be like a mmorpg,because let's be honest,what could you do with a tank on a huge map?die then wait an hour for the tank in the garage.
Plus in mmo games like world of warcraft,your character can drink,chat,sell/buy stuff,do pvp/pve,etc.What could you do in wot?

Grabarz19_PL #3 Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
A tank driving around the huge MMO world picking off enemy artillery/infantry units etc using his pr0 aiming skills, earning XP and leveling up. With a PvP arena up to 15 vs 15 players. Perfect.

The map would be too big for WoT engine.

Sturmtiger_304 #4 Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:01 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
World of tanks, version 2.0: Main futures:

No artillery any moore. Artillery have been replaced by assault tanks.
No more big red signs over your enemys tanks, no more red outlining for enemy tanks.
Enemy tank name & icon is at the scoreboard.
IS-4: Rebalanced. No longers haves an amazing & redicilous gun depression that didn't make any sense any ways.
PZ V-IV: Rebalanced: Placed at tier 5 instead of tier 6. Fixed gun depression. Fixed bugged traverse speed. New gun: 7,5 cm KwK 42 L/70.
KV-5: Rebalanced: Small turrets at the tank is no longer a part of the hit box. New gun: 122 mm D-25T.
ISU-152: Fixed gun depression. New gun option: BL-9s rebalanced. 246mm avg penetration. 390 avg damage. Same research cost.
Jagdtiger: Rebalanced: Frontal armor plate: 180mm. Lower glacis plate: 150mm.
King Tiger: Rebalanced: Lower glacis plate: restored to 150mm.

Koo294 #5 Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostSturmtiger_304, on 06 April 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

No more big red signs over your enemys tanks, no more red outlining for enemy tanks.
Enemy tank name & icon is at the scoreboard.
Gonna need some good hack protection along with that.

PH3N0M3NAL #6 Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
THIS.WOULD.BE.FUCKING.AWESOME!

RAZORLIGHT #7 Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
want now!

karbengo #8 Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
@PAFKA: Sounds to me like a dead on description of "World War II Online: Battleground Europe". Look it up.

Rockarola #9 Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:56 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostPAKFA, on 05 April 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

WoT 9.0 (since 8.0 was already taken by Doug).

Has any one of you ever thought about how this game could have looked if if would have been completely different compared to as it now?

Forget about 15 vs 15 random players and random matches, forget about MM, forget about teams and any game mode consisting teams in a closed and small environment like the maps are now.

Now think about this:
1. Huge persistent world with maps sizes consisting of double digit square kilometers. Connected between them with border gates and one click away loading to next map.
2. Hundreds of players playing at any given time on those maps which can be solo players of any level (considering the map limits only) or players belonging to big guilds (armies).
3. The persistent maps and world will have an actual real time occupational system based on actual players that are online in that part of the world/map fighting for whatever that map has to offer in terms of resources.
4. Real player made e-drama (story line) based on the wars between guilds (armies) for controlling the territories of the world, with a backbone script of a "WW2 never ended" scenario.
5. Player progression system based on lots of RPG skills (adapted to tanks) that either 1 entity character or a team of characters will have them leveled similar to heroes in other MMORPGs. The player will then just buy new tanks with money earned by fighting/killing/damaging enemies and/or taking part of the wars between (guilds) armies and controlling territories and also from player driven economy system - markets, auctions, etc.
6. The game system can be similar to this one, as in, more arcade-ish than simulation for a wider public appeal, but with better graphics and physics overall.

Now imagine a tank game like this, with lots of other stuff that I can't think of now because I'm to tired, which will also include eventually planes, battleships and submarines and probably other kinds of vehicles and machines that have existed and could have existed in a "WW2 never ended" scenario. But let's just stick to the tank part for now, since this is a forum for a tank game.

Anyway I for one would love to see such a game and I would definitely play and pay for it, even in a f2p system, for this 2 simple reasons: I love tanks and MMORPGs. I think a combination of both could be epic. Would be pretty hard to make it a quality game, but doable nevertheless.

Please feel free to add more points, if you like the idea as I'm off to bed now...zzz. -_-

You are basically describing EVE Online, one of the few MMO's where being without a Clan/Guild/Whatever means you are dead...have you ever played EVE, and if you did, why did you stop?  ;)

Rdecakapica #10 Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
very nice idea....2 bad its only a dream.

VendaV #11 Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
I'd do some missions. Maybe the players divided according to nationality and played by the various battles. For example. Germans vs. Russians, etc., and still the Germans vs Russians vs Americans, etc.. I'd be there and some things of real battles, such as automatic nepohybné artillery and minefields, the possibility of air support, maybe even support for infantry (all controlled by the computer, the Air Force could call). It would be also on the strategy, such as who will occupy the radio somewhere on the edge of the map can call the Air Force, who would be cast as an ammunition depot would be able to add ammunition, etc. It could also be a defense, and cast a defending team, a second striker.
Fought by groups such as the company and then was group commander and commander of his team. Fought it for 15 to 15, but calmly and 30vs30 10vs such as 15, while a weaker team had a tactical advantage and a stronger team this numerical advantage and combine a variety of tactical and numerical advantages.
Revive the game that much, yet there are only boring 15vs15 and company are on a similar way.

Oublieux #12 Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I'm  quite happy just getting into quick battles, I'm not a big fan of long-term gameplay commitments, it's all a whim anyway, let's not turn it into a job-like thing

TankkiPoju #13 Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Like already mentioned, you basically described EVE with tanks.

In current state, WoT is not even a MMO, unless you think Battlefield, Call of Duty, Counter-Strike or Team Fortress 2 games are also MMOs.

It's just an arcade shooter with 15vs15 as only game mode on random maps.

PAKFA #14 Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostJogonam, on 05 April 2012 - 11:53 PM, said:

greetings from the past,time traveler.
I don't think the game will be like a mmorpg,because let's be honest,what could you do with a tank on a huge map?die then wait an hour for the tank in the garage.
Plus in mmo games like world of warcraft,your character can drink,chat,sell/buy stuff,do pvp/pve,etc.What could you do in wot?
Well it won't be like that. You will just respawn, like you do with any character in a safe location and continue playing.
Also you can do all that stuff you can do in other games:
- chat = just type there on the map, no matter if is a war zone or a safe area
- sell/buy = action houses or maybe even a tank shops, but definitely action houses (because they don't require your actual presence in game and don't take up space)
- drink = this is not an important action in a tank game (for your tank/character), but you yourself could drink as much as you want playing the game  :P

View PostGrabarz19_PL, on 05 April 2012 - 11:56 PM, said:

A tank driving around the huge MMO world picking off enemy artillery/infantry units etc using his pr0 aiming skills, earning XP and leveling up. With a PvP arena up to 15 vs 15 players. Perfect.

The map would be too big for WoT engine.
That's why in WoT 9.0 there will be a great game engine (for example Frostbite 2 is a top notch game engine and runs better on my laptop than WoT does and at higher graphics settings too)

View Postkarbengo, on 06 April 2012 - 02:21 AM, said:

@PAFKA: Sounds to me like a dead on description of "World War II Online: Battleground Europe". Look it up.
Yes, I know it, but that game looks like it was made in the stone age of computer games. I'm talking about something up to date in all aspects.  

View PostRockarola, on 06 April 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

You are basically describing EVE Online, one of the few MMO's where being without a Clan/Guild/Whatever means you are dead...have you ever played EVE, and if you did, why did you stop?  ;)
Yes, you're pretty much right, it would be something like EVE Online, but with tanks.

I played it a little only, something wasn't ticking with me, I think the controls and the way you played the game... yeah that's what I didn't like. To much strategical play/view and management and much less simulation feel, if you know what I mean. At least that's how I felt playing it.

View PostTankkiPoju, on 06 April 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

Like already mentioned, you basically described EVE with tanks.

In current state, WoT is not even a MMO, unless you think Battlefield, Call of Duty, Counter-Strike or Team Fortress 2 games are also MMOs.

It's just an arcade shooter with 15vs15 as only game mode on random maps.
I've never said WoT is an MMO, that's why my title says: WoT 9.0 - a completely different game = MMORPG with tanks. I thought people will understand that, I can't be more specific than that.  :)