Did WG go overboard with the nerf on Batchat?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Did WG go overboard with the nerf on Batchat? (298 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Did WG go overboard with the nerf on Batchat?

1. Yes, they killed it. (177 votes [59.40%])

Percentage of vote: 59.40%

2. No, they didn't nerf it enough. (45 votes [15.10%])

Percentage of vote: 15.10%

3. They did a good job, now it is balanced. (76 votes [25.50%])

Percentage of vote: 25.50%

Should they buff it in the next patch?

1. Yes, it needs a small buff. (187 votes [62.75%])

Percentage of vote: 62.75%

2. No. Its fine now, leave it as it is. (68 votes [22.82%])

Percentage of vote: 22.82%

3. No. It needs another nerf. (43 votes [14.43%])

Percentage of vote: 14.43%

Vote Hide poll

brick128 #1 Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29702 battles
You don't see them, and for fact all high tier French, anymore on battle fields.
At least a lot less and when you see them the pose no thread anymore.

They absolutely nerfed this tank right into the ground.

Its that I have no other use for the crew, otherwise I would have sold it already.

Tanreb #2 Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 40100 battles
What did they actually nerf in it? As far as I know they only reduced its hp. It's an Ok tank for me when Im against it.

NA_God_Of_Death_EX #3 Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostTanreb, on 12 April 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

What did they actually nerf in it? As far as I know they only reduced its hp. It's an Ok tank for me when Im against it.

increased aiming time
increased reloading time
increased time interval between shots in the drum
reduced hp
reduced gun depression...

Yamaxanadu #4 Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1215 battles

View PostNA_God_Of_Death_EX, on 12 April 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

increased aiming time
increased reloading time
reduced hp
1. BatChats liked to snipe from second line - now it's impossible and they forced to dance on battlefield - many do not even know hot to do it;
2. Devs want BatChats act more like "hit-&-run" from the beginning - before nerf it was more "hit-&-hide somewhere near";
3. And this is the TRUE nerf of BatChat;
4. Not a really powerful nerf but can be border line between tank and wreck;
5. But wasn't gun elevation increased?

brick128 #5 Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29702 battles

View PostNA_God_Of_Death_EX, on 12 April 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

increased aiming time
increased reloading time
reduced hp
You forgot a few.

Accuracy went from .31 to .36
view range decreased.
Ability to hit on the move was bad, feels worse now.
To be short, they nerfed everything on this tank. Hell, they redesigned it completely.

You are forced to go into close combat with a paper tank that can't hit the side of a barn point blank.
This coupled to the increase of 0 crits and insane turning circle makes hit and run futile.

Only thing you can do is wait till your team shot all enemy down to less than 10% and steal kills.

Scouting doesn't work with it.

They just wrecked the thing.
Its no wonder you don't see them often anymore.

Yamaxanadu #6 Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1215 battles

View Postbrick128, on 12 April 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

You forgot a few.

Accuracy went from .31 to .36
view range decreased.
Ability to hit on the move was bad, feels worse now.
To be short, they nerfed everything on this tank. Hell, they redesigned it completely.

You are forced to go into close combat with a paper tank that can't hit the side of a barn point blank.
This coupled to the increase of 0 crits and insane turning circle makes hit and run futile.

Only thing you can do is wait till your team shot all enemy down to less than 10% and steal kills.

Scouting doesn't work with it.

They just wrecked the thing.
Its no wonder you don't see them often anymore.
You forget that it happened to all tanks. Because it's now not 133% stas but 100% stats.

brick128 #7 Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29702 battles
It could do with a nerf.

But this is over done I think.

NA_God_Of_Death_EX #8 Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostYamaxanadu, on 12 April 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

1. BatChats liked to snipe from second line - now it's impossible and they forced to dance on battlefield - many do not even know hot to do it;
2. Devs want BatChats act more like "hit-&-run" from the beginning - before nerf it was more "hit-&-hide somewhere near";
3. And this is the TRUE nerf of BatChat;
4. Not a really powerful nerf but can be border line between tank and wreck;
5. But wasn't gun elevation increased?

the angle is actually reduced, like the 1390
on the 1390, the elevation +1 but depression -3, so its actually a nerf

guns elevation angle changed from 8 to 9 degrees upwards and from 9 to 6 degrees downwards;

theghostcat #9 Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Major

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postbrick128, on 12 April 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

You don't see them, and for fact all high tier French, anymore on battle fields.
At least a lot less and when you see them the pose no thread anymore.

There a couple of alternative explanations:

1)New tanks showed up, aka new US tanks.

2)Tiers 1-5 of the french lines are so unbelievably crappy (amx12t is ok) new players give up at or about tier 4/5.

3) Much like the T59 - people have learned how to deal with the french tanks.

Schmul66 #10 Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 18807 battles
you should add to the poll "do you own a Batchat (or another revolver gunned French tank)"
i would be curious to know how many people that do want it to be nerfed again own this tank (or its little brothers)....  :Smile_harp:  :rolleyes:

XxXSpottedYouXxX #11 Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077
I have one but i only use it as a scout now sometimes i get a good game out of maybe 30 matches this tank blows now its ruined.

brick128 #12 Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29702 battles

View Posttheghostcat, on 12 April 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

There a couple of alternative explanations:

1)New tanks showed up, aka new US tanks.

2)Tiers 1-5 of the french lines are so unbelievably crappy (amx12t is ok) new players give up at or about tier 4/5.

3) Much like the T59 - people have learned how to deal with the french tanks.
1) might be, but I still see a lot of other tier 9 meds. Only med I see drop in numbers in game is the batchat.

2) So the number of Batchats should not grow but remain more or less the same.

3) Like I said in another post. Give it time, once people know how to deal with them you should see they aren't that OP as people think.
Now know people know how to exploit the weak spots, the thing also has to deal with a hard nerf.

remuneratio #13 Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19460 battles
as former dedicated amx hater/hunter and now (after patch)owner of an amx12t i'd like to say that frenchies now feel balanced when i face them on the battlefield.
they are still an annoying pest, but at least they are no more an OP annoying pest...  :Smile_harp:

Edward_Teague #14 Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32642 battles
Like I said many times before Batchat and 7.1 was an instant "I win button". Nerf was needed.

But the devs went far too deep and hard with it.
( hp, mobility, dps, reload, elevetation, view range)

That's just too much.

sharpneli #15 Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19861 battles
  • [NAKKI] NAKKI
So what happened to WR of french tanks after the nerf:
http://forum.worldof...ver-statistics/

50B dropped from the best T10 to second worst (it's just above E-100 now).
Batchat remained as the king of T9 meds, so I hardly think that batchat was nerfed too much. 50B most likely was overnerfed.

P.S I got my batchat after the nerf and by the gods does it kick ass! One of the best meds I've ever driven. I just love it. It's far from being bad med now. Though I'd hope for more gun depression :)

ADSL #16 Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 16381 battles
  • [SAO] SAO
Hi,

Lorrain, BatChat, AMX50/120 and AMX50B are nearly unplayable now. I own all of them, played them pre patch and afterwards.

1. The French were little too strong pre patch. But the problem was mostly effected by the players them self. Instead of priorizing these tanks, they remaind the same play style as with other tanks of this tier level. I agree that some adjustment was needed to be done. But reduce so many values in one action really made them all useless.

2. Something not added (again) to the patch notes is the behavior of the 100mm gun (top gun for BatChat, but shared between Lorraine and AMX50/100) This gun was really strong and one of the reasons why these tanks performed well. I noticed on the test server (beside decreased accuracy no change) now I'm bouncing from 6 shots mostly 2-3 per drum. Even on T7 and T8 tanks. That never happend before the patch nor happened it on the test server.

3. The changed reload times do not matter me so much, since you need to aim and when you shoot from the drum, the reload was sometimes faster as the circle was really small again. Thats okay and no big issue. But increase the loading times on the T8's above the 3.0 seconds is really useless. Now US T6 and T7 tanks can damage you faster with their 76mm as you can do it too them (Reload 2,75) and since they also can do around 200 per shoot...you might be really unlucky even get killed by such tanks.

4. AMX50B as damage dealer in the 2nd or 3rd line you might be still have some good games. At least the 120mm seems to be unchanged in terms of penetration and damage per shoot. Problem is only that you cannot afford to play this hide style with this tank. He is highly agile and fast. His biggest advantage against all the other high tier heavies is the possibility to show up...empty drum and reallocate in speed to show up somewhere fully else. Thats not working anymore as it worked before as they nerfed the evaluation of the gun so worse that you need go out of your position too much to be effective.

5. The change on the HE system over promoted HE shells and Arty so much that you are mostly getting one hitted in the french tanks now. And even if you survice one or two arty splashes from T6-T8 Arty you are suffering too much module damage to continue the fight.

Basically 7.2 patch introduced too much and not everything was tested. I played everyday on the testserver and the limit of 26.000 players to be online is one reason.

I noticed that many people only played the US T110 and M103, which are honestly good tanks. And many others grinded to test the new American TD's...good also no issue with them. But you hardly saw Arty, and I can't remember a arty hit which was that devastating as it's now on regular basis. Since not many Arty on the server in the tests these stayed absolutley undetected as the impact to the game and all the tweaks they did to the french. No one played the french really on that server.

Another issue is the match maker, which wasn't patched into 7.2 on live server. It definitly made better results as the MM we have now. The Arty Cap which prevended mass Arty invasion but also the setting of the specific tiers and rows of games in the follow. What I see now is even worse. The new T-34 Prem Tank is wrecking the balance as the Löwe and KV-5 and the Type 59 invasion did to the server. The difference is that some of the T34 at least know to play, but still to many of them on one side. If the other side is getting normal T8 heavies or Meds well they are screwed.

I made some notes the last days when I played with my favourite mate t-54 to max the new skills. Less and less BatChats and Frenchys. Those who we encounter are easy food...and mostly the team with French is on the lose in the end. That already shows something is wrong.

Most annoying even with T-54, E50 or T110 the module damage by hits (sometimes even without damage to the tank) and the hits through armore areas which are normally even with Gold ammo unpenetratable is increasing. I never suffered on T54 very often Ammo Rack hits, since the patch the T54 has the same weakness as Type 59 Ammo racked (at least damaged) nearly every game. Mostly 2 times so you spent repair only to suffer again. Now you can say...you move the weakspot to the enemy.....well then the whole tank is simple a weakspot as I suffer it even from the left side and behind.

What ever WG did with 7.2, currently the game is absolutly tweaked dead. Hope for 7.3....but currently I play only 10-15 games per day after I disconnect out of anger.

BR
ADSL

Ihmemies #17 Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 9398 battles
Batchat is still the best tier9 medium. They didn't nerf it hard enough.

IHydraI #18 Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22481 battles
  • [B-TEC] B-TEC
i think it deserved an Nerf but this was some serious overkill imo,even as i do not own one,i think they should'nt nerfed it THIS badly ,especially the RoF(time intervalbetween the shots) is an huge nerf,i mean its the thing that makes the tank great

SasoStylez #19 Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5941 battles
They nerfed the cannon,reload,fire between shot and elevation,so why they didnt reduce the 100mm ammo cost too?1030 its too high,make it 500-600, since they lowered the tank/damage performance why we have to pay for a high ammo cost?-.-

Max_Manus #20 Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12548 battles
To be honest the only thing I would want back(this goes for all the french autoloaders tbh) is the gun depression they had.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users