Did WG go overboard with the nerf on Batchat?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

Poll: Did WG go overboard with the nerf on Batchat? (298 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Did WG go overboard with the nerf on Batchat?

1. Yes, they killed it. (177 votes [59.40%])

Percentage of vote: 59.40%

2. No, they didn't nerf it enough. (45 votes [15.10%])

Percentage of vote: 15.10%

3. They did a good job, now it is balanced. (76 votes [25.50%])

Percentage of vote: 25.50%

Should they buff it in the next patch?

1. Yes, it needs a small buff. (187 votes [62.75%])

Percentage of vote: 62.75%

2. No. Its fine now, leave it as it is. (68 votes [22.82%])

Percentage of vote: 22.82%

3. No. It needs another nerf. (43 votes [14.43%])

Percentage of vote: 14.43%

Vote Hide poll

Cravone #61 Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30218 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT
I would say in the way they nerfed it, they didn't nerf it enough. However, the biggest kick in the teeth for the batchat is the reload speed. However, a good batchat won't be affected by this. Due to their speed, they can get out of trouble long enough to reload.

As I say, I don't feel they nerfed it enough. HOWEVER, I think instead of nerfing it in the way they did, they should have nerfed it in a different way. I reckon the shells in the autoloader should have been nerfed to 4, and that would be fine. It makes sense that because it uses the same gun as the t8 heavy, a gun which is equivilent to the BL-9, making it the first gun capable of top tier battles, but on the tier 8 tank, it uses 4 shells. In the batchat it uses 6. I would prefer them to revert the batchat to what it was, but nerf the number of shells in the autoloader.

Convict411 #62 Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12274 battles

View PostCravone, on 04 June 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

I would say in the way they nerfed it, they didn't nerf it enough. However, the biggest kick in the teeth for the batchat is the reload speed. However, a good batchat won't be affected by this. Due to their speed, they can get out of trouble long enough to reload.

As I say, I don't feel they nerfed it enough. HOWEVER, I think instead of nerfing it in the way they did, they should have nerfed it in a different way. I reckon the shells in the autoloader should have been nerfed to 4, and that would be fine. It makes sense that because it uses the same gun as the t8 heavy, a gun which is equivilent to the BL-9, making it the first gun capable of top tier battles, but on the tier 8 tank, it uses 4 shells. In the batchat it uses 6. I would prefer them to revert the batchat to what it was, but nerf the number of shells in the autoloader.

See its posts like this that tick me off. You don't have a batchat, I checked but i did not really need to check after i read " nerf to 4 shells" because its clear that you have none or almost no experience on that tank.

Do you realise that when a batchat runs into a T54 he has to penetrate all shots and get decent damage rolls on all shots to kill that T54 in one clip. Sometimes after penetrating 6/6 the T54 will be at 50 to 300 odd hitpoints, occasionaly it will be dead. Bouncing only one shot means you do not kill the T54. Believe me it happens more than once that you do not penetrate 6/6. Which basicly means you are dead. And don't tell me fast escape blah blah. Because if it really is a one vs one the T54 will be focussing on you and shooting back, and he won't bounce. By the time your clip is empty you will be at half or under half health with a reload of around 38 seconds (depending on skills, modules etc) And you would give the tank 4 shells ... Seriously

And your initial statement "the biggest kick in the teeth was the reload speed". No its not that affects gameplay the least of all, do you really think a couple of seconds matters once you have a reload of over 30 seconds. Its just hiding behind a rock a few seconds longer. The batchat had 2 big "kicks in the teeth" The first one is the combination of aim time - time between shots and gun accuracy. And the second one is the gun depression, having a paper tank that has to drive half the wa over the hilltop to fire while people can shoot you before you can shoot them is a huge nerf. Only its one you don't notice if you dont actually play the tank yourself.

Really if they do a poll on new tanks to see if it should be nerfed they should make two seperate ones. The first one for people who HAVE the tank. And a second one for people who don't have the tank. Uninformed opinions like this ruin every online multiplayer computergame there was ever made.

HubertGruber #63 Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 25765 battles

View PostCravone, on 04 June 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

Are you that IS-4 pro that posted a replay? If yes, big LOL for you...
IMO, bat really needs gun depression back...

Edited by HubertGruber, 04 June 2012 - 07:59 PM.

Cravone #64 Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30218 battles
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT

View PostConvict411, on 04 June 2012 - 07:33 PM, said:

See its posts like this that tick me off. You don't have a batchat, I checked but i did not really need to check after i read " nerf to 4 shells" because its clear that you have none or almost no experience on that tank.

Do you realise that when a batchat runs into a T54 he has to penetrate all shots and get decent damage rolls on all shots to kill that T54 in one clip. Sometimes after penetrating 6/6 the T54 will be at 50 to 300 odd hitpoints, occasionaly it will be dead. Bouncing only one shot means you do not kill the T54. Believe me it happens more than once that you do not penetrate 6/6. Which basicly means you are dead. And don't tell me fast escape blah blah. Because if it really is a one vs one the T54 will be focussing on you and shooting back, and he won't bounce. By the time your clip is empty you will be at half or under half health with a reload of around 38 seconds (depending on skills, modules etc) And you would give the tank 4 shells ... Seriously

And your initial statement "the biggest kick in the teeth was the reload speed". No its not that affects gameplay the least of all, do you really think a couple of seconds matters once you have a reload of over 30 seconds. Its just hiding behind a rock a few seconds longer. The batchat had 2 big "kicks in the teeth" The first one is the combination of aim time - time between shots and gun accuracy. And the second one is the gun depression, having a paper tank that has to drive half the wa over the hilltop to fire while people can shoot you before you can shoot them is a huge nerf. Only its one you don't notice if you dont actually play the tank yourself.

Really if they do a poll on new tanks to see if it should be nerfed they should make two seperate ones. The first one for people who HAVE the tank. And a second one for people who don't have the tank. Uninformed opinions like this ruin every online multiplayer computergame there was ever made.

I have played the Bat Chat on the test server though. I am currently grinding it on live and am in my AMX 13 75 currently. So yes, I have experience playing it.

View PostHubertGruber, on 04 June 2012 - 07:58 PM, said:

Are you that IS-4 pro that posted a replay? If yes, big LOL for you...
IMO, bat really needs gun depression back...

Trolling isn't nice. I posted that replay because I felt that I did well in it, considering I am useless in heavy tanks, and lately, mostly on the test server I play much better in mediums, and have gone away from playing heavies so much after I was trolled so much for posting a replay in which I believe I played well. However, I do agree, the bat chat needs some gun depression. I saw no reason why they nerfed it to begin with.

Edited by Cravone, 05 June 2012 - 10:24 AM.

ChroTal #65 Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 19190 battles

View PostConvict411, on 04 June 2012 - 03:04 PM, said:

yup i don't really care about all the other crap they nerfed but i want my gun depression back.

This. I dont use it anymore because of the bad depression. There is just way too many situations where even a slight bump/crater in the road will cause you  to not be able to even aim at a target on the same elevation, let alone a target on a hill/slope. It is ridiculous and no fun.

I do not mind the no armor aspect or the long time between shells - but the aim time/precision is another big nerf.

Convict411 #66 Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12274 battles

View PostChroTal, on 05 June 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

This. I dont use it anymore because of the bad depression. There is just way too many situations where even a slight bump/crater in the road will cause you  to not be able to even aim at a target on the same elevation, let alone a target on a hill/slope. It is ridiculous and no fun.

I do not mind the no armor aspect or the long time between shells - but the aim time/precision is another big nerf.

Yup, its a pain in the ass. On mines going up the hill and not being able to shoot the guys in the water because of that small bump then having to go just over it to get an arty shell in the face if you arent carefull while pattons, T54s and even E50s can shoot from where you can't its just hmmmmmmmmmphhhh

Panocek #67 Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29060 battles
IMO biggest nerfbat for frenchies is aim time increase. Fast tank + long aim time = effective only when close and personal, or risk arty party entering the game.

JacobusRex #68 Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3907 battles
The simple answer is no.

Schmul66 #69 Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 18807 battles

View PostHelskga, on 06 June 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

The simple answer is no.
Funny how people who don't drive high tier French tanks (you stop at AMX 13/75) are likely to want them nerfed.
Too hard to deal with them? :Smile_Default:  How possible they have no armor so no need to aim :Smile-bajan2:

Lorraine for sure need little buff (gun depression and slight increase reload time in revolver)
Maybe Batignolles châtillon neef also a little buff (don't have it yet).

Convict411 #70 Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12274 battles

View PostSchmul66, on 06 June 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

Funny how people who don't drive high tier French tanks (you stop at AMX 13/75) are likely to want them nerfed.
Too hard to deal with them? :Smile_Default:  How possible they have no armor so no need to aim :Smile-bajan2:

Lorraine for sure need little buff (gun depression and slight increase reload time in revolver)
Maybe Batignolles châtillon neef also a little buff (don't have it yet).

He has one tier XIII tank with less than 200 battles on it. This obviously makes his opinion valuable when it comes to the performance and handling of a batchat <sarcasm mode off>

XxXSpottedYouXxX #71 Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:29 AM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077
Haters gunna hate this tank is going tier 10 in patch 7.5 cant wait :).

Neandramathal #72 Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:55 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35865 battles

View Postbrick128, on 12 April 2012 - 01:21 PM, said:

You don't see them, and for fact all high tier French, anymore on battle fields.
At least a lot less and when you see them the pose no thread anymore.

I see 2-3 every other game, sadly not exaggerating. The most I've seen in a snigle game is 9.
As for pose no threat, they are a game changer. Cliff is the one I find they have the most impact on - they can reach the center while the other team is still crawling the hill, spot the entire lot and pump out their full salvo into the sides, then hide and reload. Other scouts can reach the location at the same speed but will get at most 2 shots off, staying there long enough to get shot back.

The ability to throw out 1800 (using avg damages) in such a short space of time, the long reload I could see being an issue if they didnt have such speed to escape. Unless you are an idiot, you are never going to be caught in the open without a loaded gun, the entire game is peekaboo or sniping. Sniping you are camoed, peekaboo.. well you are hidden once you go to reload.

A scout alone is a game changing tank but even getting unlucky and dying early on, you have thrown out more damage than another tank could in the same time period before eating that shell.

So yes, naturally I am starting to grind for one before they get bumped to tier10! I find the heavies and the lorraine a lot easier to deal with than the Batchat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users