How to drive nerfed batchat?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

Grommel #1 Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:58 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 30043 battles
Forum tell me!

I love mediums. I love my E50 even though it took me ages to get a grasp of how to use it. I enjoy riding out my T54. I kinda got good in nerfed lorraine.

But this Batchat is driving me crazy. No matter what I do it seems to be cursed. If I try to flank, I get insta-blown up. If I try to snipe I can't get my damage down on T9+ things due to soso penetration and poo aimtime/accuracy. If I try to sit and wait for my move, my team is dead before I even emptied my first clip. If I try to scout it can help but doing what any T4 light could do with a tank on T9 slot can lead to quick losses too.

So what am I supposed to do? What is it with this tank?  

Currently I'm running vents, vertical stabilizer and gld. Crewskills are Rep for all. Mentor for commander, snap shot for gunner and smooth ride for driver. Am I doing it wrong?

Tell me! Replays appreciated.

brick128 #2 Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29702 battles
After the nerf I have no idea how to play this tank myself.

I find it the most frustrating tank in my garage.

Would have sold it if I had something to do with the crew. They have 67% on the third skill, don't want to waste that.

Galway #3 Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:49 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 37527 battles
From what I can tell this tank is for CW use as randoms are too random for this tank. In a structured battle the bat can play a part but I think it needs divine intervention for it to become a really good all rounder.

mamlas #4 Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 14704 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View PostGalway, on 13 April 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

From what I can tell this tank is for CW use as randoms are too random for this tank. In a structured battle the bat can play a part but I think it needs divine intervention for it to become a really good all rounder.

Exactly, Bat is the opposite of E50. It is rather good for certain maps for CWs as T-50-2 replacement (its fast, and it can do limited dmg). For pubs, you need 3 man platoon, and even then its pretty random. The tank needs coordination and well organized battle for it to work. Also, keep in mind, that CW condition are T10 guns + mostly gold ammo. So bat has the same effective armor as T-54/E50...none. Pubs are from T5 to T10...and its kinda bad if you get penned all the time by T5s "normal" tanks can safely ignore.

Gal_Ardent #5 Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28500 battles
  • [TEMER] TEMER
HI,

Same issue, not able to survive, no win game for few days now. Win rate below 20%, whereas I was over 60% win rate with Lorraine 40t... The MM does not seems so different however! I am very deceived with my BatChat, even more efficient with my AMX 1390!

lokkagutt #6 Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24262 battles

View PostGrommel, on 13 April 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

Forum tell me!

I love mediums. I love my E50 even though it took me ages to get a grasp of how to use it. I enjoy riding out my T54. I kinda got good in nerfed lorraine.

But this Batchat is driving me crazy. No matter what I do it seems to be cursed. If I try to flank, I get insta-blown up. If I try to snipe I can't get my damage down on T9+ things due to soso penetration and poo aimtime/accuracy. If I try to sit and wait for my move, my team is dead before I even emptied my first clip. If I try to scout it can help but doing what any T4 light could do with a tank on T9 slot can lead to quick losses too.

So what am I supposed to do? What is it with this tank?  

Currently I'm running vents, vertical stabilizer and gld. Crewskills are Rep for all. Mentor for commander, snap shot for gunner and smooth ride for driver. Am I doing it wrong?

Im sorry but telling you how to use it will be hard, as its hard to explain. Personally Ive hardly noticed the nerf tbh. That aiming takes even longer is the most anoying thing about the nerf. About playtstyle I guess you can compare it with a fast, but cheap version of the Patton. Its got the speed and good burst damage, but lacks dpm\accuracy\aim time is to long and gun depression is still crap and the agility is pretty bad. Still its a good tank, but as with the Patton you need to "read" the games and exploit mistakes and gaps in enemys lines. Obviously if you can single out targets its pretty awesome as all tier 9 meds are except maybe the E-50. Dont know havent got it elite yet personally so. I can link a few replays when I get home I guess, but im pretty sure there are many better Bat drivers then me out there who can link replays before im home though

Tell me! Replays appreciated.

Edward_Teague #7 Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32642 battles
It's hard it ain't easy and it can be frustrating.

Four things to remember.
A) two-three shots max now before u withdraw. U just can't empty the mag anymore.
B) long range sniping don't work in this turd anymore. Keep it at med.
C) patience, treat it like a big scout to begin with. Forget uvgot a gun.
D) never go anywhere alone

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=5zeUQ1OzKTs

NemesySRo #8 Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12988 battles

View PostBoutrol, on 13 April 2012 - 12:05 PM, said:

HI,

Same issue, not able to survive, no win game for few days now. Win rate below 20%, whereas I was over 60% win rate with Lorraine 40t... The MM does not seems so different however! I am very deceived with my BatChat, even more efficient with my AMX 1390!

I feel the same thing (altho i just recently got Batchat).

Phooca #9 Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 281 battles
I only got the bat after the patch , just on my 100th game now , tbh i'm delighted with it , after all the games in the lorraine its a huge step up
That being said i'd much more impressive battles in my 13 90 but i'm getting there with the bat chat and it doesn't feel underpowered at all . The only point I make is not to solo a tank with more than 1400 hp

SuperiorBeen #10 Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15281 battles
The aiming and dispersion nerf makes the clip irrelevant. It takes like 5-8 seconds to fully zoom in. Wargaming failing once again to balance tanks. When they buff they buff too much, when they nerf they nerf too much. Couldn't you people do it in small steps? There are tanks that have been buffed/nerfed countless of times and they are still not balanced.

Radu6 #11 Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 25349 battles
You play it like a scout. Tier 9 scout. Which can kill noobs that venture too far (and they are not in short supply).
And if your team asks you to take vital points on the map by yourself, like hills, tell them to fuck themselves - unpolite way; or to thank them for the nerf and they can take their own damn hill - polite way.

_k0z0_1337 #12 Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 45449 battles
The one thing i found to work for me: Wait for your flank to engage the enemies.. after that sneak around the enemies, unload your clip and GTFO of there. Reload and repeat.
Another thing. I don't drive this tank if i'm tired. It's not forgiving, you need to be focused.

Daith #13 Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13600 battles
I think it was nerfed too hard the last patch. I liked bashing noobs and having 3+ kills after 5 mins (and no more ammo after 10 min).
I can live with some adjustments and think it was not that OP as anyone believed it to be. I dont know how many of them i shred with my HE Patton. Nowadays you need longer for clip reload, which is Ok imho. Aiming time is a bit too long now but i can live with that too. The 100 hp less -OK.

What i really dont like is the bad maneuvarbility and the bad gundepression. That leads to a very situational tank. I play it only in CWs nowadays. In some maps you cant shoot at people because the are slightly on higher /lower ground. Where I loved playing in hilly terrain today I have to completely drive over any stone to be able to hit anything. And am I the only one that thinks that it burns way to often the last days (yesterday I started burning from 5 of 8 hits!-in all games played)

I like aht AMX 13 90 way more, at the moment and hope that the BatChat will be unnerfed a bit. But i dont think that will ever happen because people only see the one time they got killed by a Batmobil with one clip not the 5 times they hit it one time with terribly crippling it by killing 2 people, damaging ammorack and engine...

del500806504 #14 Posted 19 May 2012 - 12:31 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12738 battles
Before the nerf the only real disadvantage was the missing armor. So it was only fair to give it and all other revolver tanks a higher aiming time.

XxXSpottedYouXxX #15 Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077

View PostLostirishguy, on 14 April 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

I only got the bat after the patch , just on my 100th game now , tbh i'm delighted with it , after all the games in the lorraine its a huge step up
That being said i'd much more impressive battles in my 13 90 but i'm getting there with the bat chat and it doesn't feel underpowered at all . The only point I make is not to solo a tank with more than 1400 hp

Exactly you bought it after the patch which you never played it regularly before the patch many believe it was fun to play and had a good fluid gameplay now although still good tank it seems to have lost its overall fun touch.

mamlas #16 Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 14704 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
Offtopic: got kamikaze on batmobile :D Poor IS-4 didnt see it coming:)

OT: To drive it now, get platoon. Else you are too much relying on random good and not-so-good players and situations. Otherwise the 8+ aiming time, long reload and no gun depresion will make you insane...and dead.

Edited by mamlas, 19 May 2012 - 08:27 PM.

Spahpanzer_Kommandant #17 Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39728 battles
  • [321ST] 321ST
I started driving the bat only after the nerf so I'll be completely unbiased about the current performance. :)

It's a very unforgiving "make one mistake" type of tank.
I find the 50B or E50 much easier to play, not sure about T54.

Generally I try to play it like the T54 - as an (extremely) agile battle scout.
Make early spotting runs, circle back, counter-scout, check the other flank, ambush, fire 1-3 shots, retreat and reload.
When pushing a flank try to buddy up with another med.
Never stop, mobility is your armor.

Very challenging and fun tank, I absolutely agree with the "do not drive it when you are tired" statement.

mamlas #18 Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 14704 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
T-54 is a bit easier imho. You have fast reload+armor(well, some sort of armor)...you will do atleast something, both tanks have serious weaknesses that make them hard to play. You cant rely on gun too much (low dmg/no reload possibility and no gun depression)

But T-54 / Bat-mobile compliment each other nicely, playing one makes you better at other.

Edited by mamlas, 30 May 2012 - 12:35 PM.

Seimen #19 Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43909 battles
  • [JONAI] JONAI
Just got mine, grinding for the engine now, and i like it, but i works mutch better on certain maps then others. Constant moving seem to be a requirement, arty hates you and if you are spotted while stationary they will trow some shells at you, and french armor vs arty shells is not a god combination.

It was a bit op before the nerf, and i think the aimtime nerf would have been ok, but the time between shoots in mag is to long now. If the aimtime stays as it is now but the mag reload goes down from 3,5 sec to 2,5 you could at least do something if you end up in a close combat situation. As it is now you cant snipe wery well and you cant brawl cause the mag reload.

dudnic #20 Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15603 battles
Few tips:
never stop
never shoot over 200m, only if its an arty
always have a get away plan
play like a scout (scout early, watch the enemy scouts, protect flanks, let the heavies do the killing, finish the rest)

My setup is vert stab, egld (both are must if you want to hit something) and optics.

Here is one of my best match:
http://www.mediafire...ej0a4ejzom84l8a
Yes, I have artyphobia, and I screwed up the arty at the end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users