How to drive nerfed batchat?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

BacardiC0la #21 Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9895 battles
I played it after the nerf and I love it, the most fun tank I ever drove.
And im fairly good with it, most of the time Im getting 1k-1,7k Exp if its a win.

Few Tips:
Never stop.
Dont scout to much, you lack the agility to do so. Just scout the important chokepoints.
ALWAYS overthink the situation before doing something. No matter what, avoid getting hit. Wait for an opening, lonely tanks are free kills for you. Never attack 2 tanks at once unless they are lowtiers or you have to (cant run away or if its a game changing kill). Let others take the hits for you, you can rape any T10 which is busy shooting other T10 tanks. Dont try to unload your whole drum at once if there is a chance for you to get hit (should be clear but Im seeing often Bats/Lorraines who just stand still and shoot until their drum is empty even if they get shot).
Avoid open space, you lack the armor/hp/dmg for long range shootouts. That one is really important.

You can really change the outcome of the battle if you know where to be at the right time, Batchat is all about timing but if you get the timing right you are the best med in the game.

Passchendaele #22 Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5774 battles
Stop crying. I've played with more than 100 battles with it in the test server- no gold ammos, so there's no difference. What's wrong with this tank?
It's OBVIOUS that not every shot will penetrate, but it is much faster than Lorraine reloading and shooting off the mag (as fast as the amx 13 90). Before attacking, calculate an escape route or be sure that you will finish the enemy with the mag. Avoid attacking if it isn't full.
I don't see any problem here. Stop whining, if you suck don't blame the tank.

Edited by Passchendaele, 03 June 2012 - 12:52 PM.

CrimsonEntropy #23 Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29024 battles
Struggling massively.

Only played a scant handful of battles but I have everything on the damn thing apart from the top engine (100% crew with 2 skills, vents, optics and gld, considering a swap for Vstab) but I can't ever seem to stop long enough to get any shots off as everyone + his brother and some guys he met down the pub turn up to shoot me. I can finish off wounded tanks, I can scout.....a bit.....

But I am not enjoying the "one mistake and it's over" gameplay or the INCREDIBLE amount of module damage it seems to suffer from. Currently at least (no exaggeration) 2 or more per game, almost certainly engine + tracks........

I may end up selling it as I don't feel I am up to the challenge - anything less than 50% Wins is utterly crap in my book and I've got far too many tanks under that ratio.

I should probably just stop WoT because I feel that the tanks are fine, I just can't play the bastards.

Shame, it's a very attractive vehicle.

CrimsonEntropy #24 Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29024 battles
I can't play this tank. I hate admitting defeat but my win loss ratio is so low it's actually causing me problems sleeping after all the effort I put in to get here. I don't think the tank is bad......I think it's situational and sensitive to randoms but I am not competent enough to deal with it's complexities and therefore it is with a heavy heart I'm selling this any any other vehicle I have over T7.

I can't cope with them.

Deceiver #25 Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 19893 battles
  • [XMR] XMR
Batchat thrives in platoons, most preferably other T9 mediums. It's a force multiplier but it needs support.

przemoli #26 Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13684 battles
NEVER suicide scout in batmobile.

Seriously. Batmobile 100m in front of others at the begining of game should mean auto ban for the driver :P

(As not good Chaffee and amx 13 90 operator. Those thanks belongs to rare case of CLEANERS. Kill 10%hp IS7, Kill 15% Maus, reset enemy cap. Go kill enemy SPG. Die from enemy TD capming somewhere -- true story)

Edited by przemoli, 07 June 2012 - 02:40 PM.

Passchendaele #27 Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5774 battles
I always see Batchats suiciding after 1 minute(even with good overall stats), then I ask myself if they go whine on the forums that batchat nerfed is unplayable and so on.

Edited by Passchendaele, 07 June 2012 - 02:48 PM.

lokkagutt #28 Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24262 battles

View PostPasschendaele, on 07 June 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

I always see Batchats suiciding after 1 minute(even with good overall stats), then I ask myself if they go whine on the forums that batchat nerfed is unplayable and so on.

I bet its not suiciding Bats you see every time. A problem with the Bat is its speed. Its a lot faster then the other meds\heavies and is excelent at getting to good bush spotting positions for example. Problem is that sometimes you get spotted for different reasons and then what usually is a great move leaves you dead very fast. The Bat is for sure not as good as it was, but its still a very good tank when in good hands. But it does not allow you to make many stupid moves or mistakes. Even if the mistake is to go where meds should go only to realise that all the other meds are base camping etc. And then get shot to pieces by the enemys meds. Just an example ofc but this is a team game and a lot of times you trust others to do their part. Dont know why but i still do even if ive been left dead countless times because of absolute useless team mates. Not that I really care that much anymore. Randoms are random...

Passchendaele #29 Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5774 battles
Sure it's that also. French tanks must be driven with lots of care. But sometimes I see them really going straight to enemy base, spotting 8-9 tanks and dying like idiots.

CrimsonEntropy #30 Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29024 battles

View PostPasschendaele, on 07 June 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Sure it's that also. French tanks must be driven with lots of care. But sometimes I see them really going straight to enemy base, spotting 8-9 tanks and dying like idiots.

I've seen it and it is something I strenuously try to avoid :)

That said my stats overall are increasing but I cannot for the life of me drag the BatChat up to 50% and I've actually caught myself screaming at the PC because I'm in the middle of a losing streak of games. I don't think I'm an awful player but in randoms you very rarely seem to get any support (Because of course the BatChat is overpowered and doesn't need any I suppose......./irony and sarcasm)......and even playing extremely carefully I cannot stop defeats on my own.

It's frustrating.

It's embarrassing.

I try extremely hard to improve and my efforts seem to count for naught all too often. 7 games this evening, 5 loses.......less than  40% win rate overall and not even close to being an efficient damage dealer - the finger is constantly hovering over the "sell" button.

Very depressed about the situation :Smile_ohmy:

lokkagutt #31 Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24262 battles

View PostShadyDave, on 07 June 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

I've seen it and it is something I strenuously try to avoid :)

That said my stats overall are increasing but I cannot for the life of me drag the BatChat up to 50% and I've actually caught myself screaming at the PC because I'm in the middle of a losing streak of games. I don't think I'm an awful player but in randoms you very rarely seem to get any support (Because of course the BatChat is overpowered and doesn't need any I suppose......./irony and sarcasm)......and even playing extremely carefully I cannot stop defeats on my own.

It's frustrating.

It's embarrassing.

I try extremely hard to improve and my efforts seem to count for naught all too often. 7 games this evening, 5 loses.......less than  40% win rate overall and not even close to being an efficient damage dealer - the finger is constantly hovering over the "sell" button.

Very depressed about the situation :Smile_ohmy:

A little tip is to use your team mates. Might sound a bit wrong, but instead of trusting others to help you or supporting you, you can take advantage of them and in that way also helping them. Its something that works reasonably well when your not scouting or something else

CrimsonEntropy #32 Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29024 battles
Thanks for the tip - I'll give it a try :Smile_Default:

Just dragged win rate over 40% and got an Ace Tanker Badge (Whatever that's worth - my guess is not a great deal?) but good grief, this thing is SO sensitive to composition and support. Sometimes it's utterly amazing, sometimes it's a large bag of soggy pants.

lokkagutt #33 Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24262 battles

View PostShadyDave, on 08 June 2012 - 12:02 PM, said:

Thanks for the tip - I'll give it a try :Smile_Default:

Just dragged win rate over 40% and got an Ace Tanker Badge (Whatever that's worth - my guess is not a great deal?) but good grief, this thing is SO sensitive to composition and support. Sometimes it's utterly amazing, sometimes it's a large bag of soggy pants.

Its the way tanks without armour usually are. After loving the Patton and the old US T30 this thing isnt that different as you cant afford to get hit many times. It takes a bit of time to manage the required playstyle and a good deal of understanding of the opponents to take advantage of their mistakes or gaps in lines\firelines and so forth, but rewarding when you feel you master it. Still there are games where you will fail totally and make stupid mistakes, and somedays you just play crap. Its just how it is :Smile_sceptic:

przemoli #34 Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13684 battles
Seen suicidal Bats on El Halluf, on CW. Nothing beats that stupidity ...
If you need scout T50-2 is better cause its smaller and more agile = more chance to live through such experience (1% versus 15% ;) )

CrimsonEntropy #35 Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29024 battles
I think I've been having a huge run of bad luck with a couple of tanks (BatChat, VK2801, Ferdi) because every single other tank has increased it's overall win rate over the last few days whilst they have dropped steadily to the point where the BC and Ferdi are in danger of being sold - I wish I could hack the server to expunge my shame!!

I hope it's bad luck anyway - I am generally introspective and self-aware enough to throw my hands in the air and admit when I make a colossal mistake and in some cases (many cases) I've fought through the battle will kills and still seen the team drop like flies.

Fingers crossed :Smile_confused:

lokkagutt #36 Posted 09 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24262 battles

View PostShadyDave, on 09 June 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

I think I've been having a huge run of bad luck with a couple of tanks (BatChat, VK2801, Ferdi) because every single other tank has increased it's overall win rate over the last few days whilst they have dropped steadily to the point where the BC and Ferdi are in danger of being sold - I wish I could hack the server to expunge my shame!!

I hope it's bad luck anyway - I am generally introspective and self-aware enough to throw my hands in the air and admit when I make a colossal mistake and in some cases (many cases) I've fought through the battle will kills and still seen the team drop like flies.

Fingers crossed :Smile_confused:

I dont play that many randoms atm, but I did play 1 round this morning with my Bat. I can link the replay so you maybe can pick up som tips. Warning im not the best player with this or any other tanks, but im decent enough atleast

Link: http://www.mediafire...9r9xgq1aaxlag85

przemoli #37 Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13684 battles
Btw. I do not know how manuverable BatChat is (I have only 13 90 as of right now) but to get "Scout" badge you really do not need that much effort! Sometimes its just finding good spots which have views on enemy routs.

Main point is:
If you make visible your whole tank for more than 5 sec to get "Scout" then you do something wrong.

PS Anyone tryied experimenting with new equipment sets to check if nerf can be somehow mitigated by exotic quipment sets?

Edited by przemoli, 09 June 2012 - 03:13 PM.

CrimsonEntropy #38 Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29024 battles

View Postlokkagutt, on 09 June 2012 - 12:46 PM, said:

I dont play that many randoms atm, but I did play 1 round this morning with my Bat. I can link the replay so you maybe can pick up som tips. Warning im not the best player with this or any other tanks, but im decent enough atleast

Link: http://www.mediafire...9r9xgq1aaxlag85

Thanks matey, I'll check it out :)

Edward_Teague #39 Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32642 battles
Bat is my specialty.
Back before the nerf it was on 80% solo 1200exp.
Down to a measily 66% 1000exp after 350 games and the nerf.

http://youtu.be/U4bG3gNbWR4

CrimsonEntropy #40 Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29024 battles
I've given up.

65 games in, 38% win rate and an utter embarrassment. As a thread once said - if you have that sort of win rate don't bother playing Tier IX and X so I've decided to stop playing altogether before any more people slag me off via pm after games.

I'm a noob.

I wish I hadn't spent all this time and real money on a game I'm no good at - I've got nothing good in my life right now and this is another tick in the minus column.

What a fucking joke I am.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users