• This topic is locked This topic is locked
81 replies to this topic

lokkagutt #41 Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24262 battles

View PostShadyDave, on 10 June 2012 - 10:44 PM, said:

I've given up.

65 games in, 38% win rate and an utter embarrassment. As a thread once said - if you have that sort of win rate don't bother playing Tier IX and X so I've decided to stop playing altogether before any more people slag me off via pm after games.

I'm a noob.

I wish I hadn't spent all this time and real money on a game I'm no good at - I've got nothing good in my life right now and this is another tick in the minus column.

What a fucking joke I am.

Hehe no point in looking at it like that. When things are down you have the uppside to look for. It will only get better so keep doing what you enjoy and it will work out. In wot and rl things may seem at the worst before it all turns for the better!

Not that win rate is a absolute perfect way to show how people perform anyways. I know I had like 10% win rate after my first 20 games in this thing. Took a while to get the feel for it, but after 200 games of something im between 59-60% so practice makes perfect(or better). 1 way ive learnt to improve was to try to analyze why i died or why i failed. Replays are a good tool for that so if you go over your replays it might help aswell as its easier to see what you could have done and things like that. And another thing is to join a decent clan. Thats when I really started to learn the game I have to admit so it might help you. And its fun to play as a part of a team

CrimsonEntropy #42 Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29027 battles
I'm frustrated but I stand by my rather emotional outburst - I can't get the hang of this tank or battles at this tier. My Lorraine was at 52% win rate when I sold it, and my ISU sits on 48-49 (snakes and ladders) but my other T8 vehicles are laughably bad, and the BatChat (my first T9) is dreadful.

Just can't play it.....and as much as I enjoy WoT at times this is not a healthy situation for me to be in.

scafa #43 Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14411 battles
BatChat, and tier 9 mediums in general, have a lot more challenging gameplay compared to tier 8s due to the sudden jump in matchmaking weight. At tier 8 a medium has a similar weight as a tier 7 heavy, but at tier 9 you're the same as tier 9 heavies. That's not to say that you can't pull your weight, but you need to make more of an effort to do so.

When I want to just relax playing WoT, I prefer to stick with tier 8 mediums. Although Lorraine wasn't that relaxing either so maybe one of the others.

przemoli #44 Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13684 battles
As side note.
My friend who is quite excellent at WoT (in old days of trollkv's I was making jokes about him sniping with that tank on 300m range, and they where not jokes at all). But he got defeated by WoT MM mechanics when he got E50.
Its very simple. MM put your T9 MT in very high spot. And most of matches you are not only one of 3 best, but one of 5 tanks who will win or loose match. (Sometimes you are one of 3). So till he maxed E50 he had Win ratio below 50% and only recently he got 50%.

In BatMobile it should be even harder, since you do not have "easily" reachable sniper gun. And lack of armor mean that mid and short range fights ends with pain.

Main point. MM will position your T9 MT in vital spot as main driving force for your team more often than not. You can game it a bit (playing when there are lots of players on server, equipment, gold consumables, goooood crew, gold ammo), but you need to accept it! Till maxed you will suck. Only afterward you will start fulfilling role MM have for you (leader for your team).

CrimsonEntropy #45 Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29027 battles

View Postscafa, on 11 June 2012 - 07:27 PM, said:

BatChat, and tier 9 mediums in general, have a lot more challenging gameplay compared to tier 8s due to the sudden jump in matchmaking weight. At tier 8 a medium has a similar weight as a tier 7 heavy, but at tier 9 you're the same as tier 9 heavies. That's not to say that you can't pull your weight, but you need to make more of an effort to do so.

When I want to just relax playing WoT, I prefer to stick with tier 8 mediums. Although Lorraine wasn't that relaxing either so maybe one of the others.

I'll say it - I can't pull my weight.

With BC being upped to T10 I'm probably going to stick to a self-imposed T7 cap and sell anything above that to save a) myself any more embarrassment and b) my teams having a dead weight. The idea of playing these wonderful tanks is alluring but the reality is that it's a step too far for an old, useless git like me.

I'd like to be able to add something positive to the topic, some insight or tip that would aid other players but I sadly don't have any myself.....even with 100% crew (on their third skill at 30%) all modules (Vents, Optics, Vstab) and a completely elite BC I still fail hard and I can't muster the focus for objective self examination out of the mists of depression.

I just know I lose all the time regardless of what I do.

XxXSpottedYouXxX #46 Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077
Soon to be Tier 10 :).

scafa #47 Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14411 battles
While being upgraded to tier 10 is sure to be a boon to the Bats used as scouts in CWs, I'm not sure how it's going to play in randoms. I don't like being the top dog with tier 9 mediums as you can't really hold the line against heavies. Then a lot depends on the map and team makeup, artilleries especially. The upgrade process damn better let me keep my Bat though, not looking forward to Lorraine at tier 9 at all.

As for the Bat as it is now, I found the French line benefits greatly from having driven US mediums previously. You can't depend on armor from T20 onwards so you learn to avoid being hit or even shot at. Another useful tank to train in would be Hellcat, the newish US tier 6 TD. It feels even less armored than the French lights, maybe due to being a bit bigger and less manouverable. As a tier 6 it prints money and has quite relaxed matchmaking to practise in. And of course it goes like blazes so you need to learn to rein in that speed.

CrimsonEntropy #48 Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29027 battles
I've played the Hellcat (loved it) just unlocked the T20 (waiting for the top gun before I play it) and I've played a lot of battles in the Lorraine, AMX 13 90 etc etc.......

I just can't play the BatChat.

TimDogg #49 Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22226 battles
I don't have one, but I have got a T-54 and I concur with the sentiment that the step from tier 8 to tier 9 is daunting. However, I persevered through the 'n00b' bashing and now I frequently find I am a game changer in the 54 (Or I get killed within the first minute of the game :S).

The T-54 meets Tier 10's all the time and that changes gameplay considerably. I would imagine that the BatChat suffers from the same problem - racing along, getting shot from 400 mtrs out by an IS7, T95, Obj. 704 or any other big gun out there, losing engine or track or gun or whatever can break and 'boom' gone.

Having seen a number of excellent players play these tanks I learned that the trick is to be way more careful and stay in cover wherever and whenever you can and always have a retreat option available!

Comadi1979 #50 Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23235 battles

View Postprzemoli, on 11 June 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

As side note.
My friend who is quite excellent at WoT (in old days of trollkv's I was making jokes about him sniping with that tank on 300m range, and they where not jokes at all). But he got defeated by WoT MM mechanics when he got E50.
Its very simple. MM put your T9 MT in very high spot. And most of matches you are not only one of 3 best, but one of 5 tanks who will win or loose match. (Sometimes you are one of 3). So till he maxed E50 he had Win ratio below 50% and only recently he got 50%.

In BatMobile it should be even harder, since you do not have "easily" reachable sniper gun. And lack of armor mean that mid and short range fights ends with pain.

Main point. MM will position your T9 MT in vital spot as main driving force for your team more often than not. You can game it a bit (playing when there are lots of players on server, equipment, gold consumables, goooood crew, gold ammo), but you need to accept it! Till maxed you will suck. Only afterward you will start fulfilling role MM have for you (leader for your team).

From all 4 tier 9 mediums with batchat is easier to make damage and get elited fast.
it's the only t9 medium who have the top gun unlocked from lorraine and only require tracks to mount that gun (about 20k xp or 15 games).
The rest need to unlock tracks, turret and gun ( about 100.000 xp with stock/semi-stock gun)
Batchat only has speed and burst damage.
Accuracy on move is really bad, maneuverability on spot worst of all t9, armor worst, gun depression and back mounted turret force you to expose entire tank to shoot....
This tank is only good in CW because you have back-up and a defined role (spotter) and arty killer in the last part of the game.
I have all T9 mediums and from my experience best for random are Patton and E50. The worst T9 for me is t54 until now because I didn't manage to understand/adapt his role until now, but I have time to make him work.

lokkagutt #51 Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24262 battles

View PostComadi1979, on 12 June 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

From all 4 tier 9 mediums with batchat is easier to make damage and get elited fast.
it's the only t9 medium who have the top gun unlocked from lorraine and only require tracks to mount that gun (about 20k xp or 15 games).
The rest need to unlock tracks, turret and gun ( about 100.000 xp with stock/semi-stock gun)
Batchat only has speed and burst damage.
Accuracy on move is really bad, maneuverability on spot worst of all t9, armor worst, gun depression and back mounted turret force you to expose entire tank to shoot....
This tank is only good in CW because you have back-up and a defined role (spotter) and arty killer in the last part of the game.
I have all T9 mediums and from my experience best for random are Patton and E50. The worst T9 for me is t54 until now because I didn't manage to understand/adapt his role until now, but I have time to make him work.

A perfect example of how different people like\prefer different tanks. I have all the tier 9 meds aswell and I hate the E-50 while the T54 is ok. I have to sadly say that the Bat is my new favorite and my old trustworthy Patton nr 2. Simply because ive got the need for speed hehe, and ive got used to using the strenghts of having a clip ammo and the burst damage that follows.

My_cop #52 Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14096 battles
To ShadyDave i'll give u a hint...try to stay on base for about 4 minutes....watch whats happening on map..if the enemy scouts come to u...kill them(brutally)...and then go to the side of the map where u see less red dots(enemy tanks) using the roads where u can hide ur body but try not to stop.if u see many (2-3) enemys.tearn back and try other way.play like coward - this is the batts strategy...and on the 15 minute of the game u will find urself with about 700hp and 2-3 oneshot enemyes from other side...then go and kill them one by one.

My_cop #53 Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14096 battles
BTW dont underestimate camo...2 from 3 of y crew has it as 3rd skill...allways use clear optick cause it gives u an opportunity to see what is in front of u,so u can attack or run away scared...but intackt :)

Loofah #54 Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

General

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22733 battles
On some maps this tank continues to be ridiculously OP. Fiords: it gets to the spotting position when your med, be it Patton, T54 or E50 is halfway there, then you get hit by arty and bye bye.
Malinovka - he can not only get to the hill first, he can also spot half of your team and escape or get to the scouting bush before the scout actually arrives.
On Karelia he can welcome you with a nice barrage and then proceed to get to the hill laughing at your smouldering wreck,

Basically, BC compared to E50 is like E50 compared to E75. It's a different class of mobility, it moves around better than my Vk2801, which is supposed to be a superscout, has 2nd best viewrange and unmatched mobility. Yet, it is made of paper, yes, it sometimes loses direct confrontations, but more often than not it is there first and can spot you for arty good 10s before you get into arty cover. And guess what? You're not going to make it there, because arty has no problems hitting Patton going fullspeed.

Neandramathal #55 Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 35865 battles
Cliff is the map I find a batchat to be the most game changing, it can reach that central rock so damn quick, spot everyone crawling the hill on the far side and detrack half the heavies.

Felipki #56 Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 3620 battles
Hi, i am a big fan of French vehicles, for me best country, AMX 50B deals like 1200 dmg. Bat Chatillion 25 Turbo (t) is perfect tank for me. (I tryed to get but i have money problems with amx 13 75 i allways die easy in every round and with one kill or some damage and i got 3k earned 4k repair costs.) BatChat is very very easy to use, you need to protect your base or go with top heavy tanks for help him, and they will protect you, You can help to heavies if one of facing with a top tier, (Go to spotted to top tier, after your ally tank will shot and you will try to escape, when enemy is supporting their ally, go back escape, find anathoner position or tell your heavies to use other sides or where is ideal) You know bat chat deals like 1200 dmg 900 dmng it will really nice MONEY MAKING with damaging, The "Ally" Achievement, i earned 930 XP (NON-X2) and 25k money with my KV-1 (No kills) Bat Chat, you can REALLY make money nice, Just damage , reloading go back let it your ally kill, make this steps x3 x4, u will gain high price and don't let your team is CAMPING, yea all player losed a match, this is your bad strategy.

Edited by Felipki, 21 June 2012 - 11:03 AM.

CrimsonEntropy #57 Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29027 battles
Tried all the advice, still suck at it.

Sold. Head hung in shame. Crew confined to barracks.

Quickfingers #58 Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:41 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 53856 battles

View PostShadyDave, on 21 June 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

Tried all the advice, still suck at it.

Sold. Head hung in shame. Crew confined to barracks.

I looked at your stats to see if I could give you some advice. I see that your damage is rather low for the Lorraine and the AMX 13 90.

I recommend trying the Pershing/Patton or the  USSR medium line and see is these tanks suit you more.

The French tanks take quite a lot of battle awareness to use effectively and having the great gun depression of the American tanks or the armour of the USSR might help you instead.

Post a replay of your best Batchat games?

anonym_pR1Q6sLWCp5C #59 Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostFelipki, on 21 June 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Hi, i am a big fan of French vehicles, for me best country, AMX 50B deals like 1200 dmg. Bat Chatillion 25 Turbo (t) is perfect tank for me. (I tryed to get but i have money problems with amx 13 75 i allways die easy in every round and with one kill or some damage and i got 3k earned 4k repair costs.) BatChat is very very easy to use, you need to protect your base or go with top heavy tanks for help him, and they will protect you, You can help to heavies if one of facing with a top tier, (Go to spotted to top tier, after your ally tank will shot and you will try to escape, when enemy is supporting their ally, go back escape, find anathoner position or tell your heavies to use other sides or where is ideal) You know bat chat deals like 1200 dmg 900 dmng it will really nice MONEY MAKING with damaging, The "Ally" Achievement, i earned 930 XP (NON-X2) and 25k money with my KV-1 (No kills) Bat Chat, you can REALLY make money nice, Just damage , reloading go back let it your ally kill, make this steps x3 x4, u will gain high price and don't let your team is CAMPING, yea all player losed a match, this is your bad strategy.

Making money with an amx 1375 is easier than with batchat. I think you can't know how to drive a batchat if you dont have (had) one in your garage. One shell of Bat costs 1k creds, repair about 15k (dont know excactly atm). So you won't become rich by driving bat, without prem it should be hard to make money and don't even loose some.

Furthermore supporting heavies is a possibilty. You can e.g. hide behind him, wait for enemys shot, and than go for two or three shots on enemy tank. Sometimes works fine, but if there are more than 2 or 3 enemy tanks its not possible anymore.

I don't know, if bat is easy to drive compared to other t9 meds, cause it is my only one. Generally i think it is very important to have an overwiev of the situations. How many tanks will wait for you, if you go round? When is the right moment to attack? Can i kill that tank with my current load? and so on. I think those things are not just important for bat but also for every tank, especially meds.

Tantor57 #60 Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11264 battles
I just dont have problems to play nerfed bat chat. Imo it's still the best T9 in game it just requires a great analysis of what's happening on map and overall WHERE !!! Just find for lonely tanks and always attack with a full barell ! It's true it's not as effective as a lone wolf as it used to be but it can still wreck most of tanks up ! All you need is not mess yourself up, not to put you in embarassing situation attacking more than 2 tanks is really dangerous and then you'll most rely on ennemy shittyness than on your own skills. be versatile move all over the map the ennemy will never know where you'll come from. your speed allows you to go far and close again, come back by a different way hit hard, run, reload and do the same but somewhere else cause where you've done it you lost the surprise effect. It's the hardest tank to handle IMO.

Skills like smooth driving, critical hit, and also the skill that affords it to have a better turning rate are a priority imo, dont forget to take the Vert Stab. the CO2 fuel tank and the wet ammorack, coated optics and bino are not really usefull when u have a tanks with a view range that goes over 400 meters.

Just play a bit more cleverly and it'll be alright, it took me almost til now to handle it one again and be effective with and still sometimes I'm still got by something i didnt think about so I sleep on it and find a way to avoid it.

Also the biggest mistake to do in a Bat chat is to turn into the "Over-confident" shape, it'll lead you to death anyways :)

Cheers boys, and the bat chat is not dead it's just " people with brain tank ";)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users