Best credit earning premium tank

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Artangel #1 Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 15592 battles
  • [666TH] 666TH
Friend of mine is trying to grind the credits for his teir 10 tank. I have suggested the Lowe as the choice of premium as I feel it earns the best super accurate gun FTW. But does anyone have a view/info on the KV5 or new T34 can they compete with the Lowe.

I have had 150K credits before on my lowe and this tank will all be about earning credits to pay for high teir tanks.

Any advice for him?

Zhazam #2 Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 1091 battles
Don't know about the T34 but the Lowe has a much better gun than the KV-5 and since income depends on damage done you should go for the one with the best gun.

Minio #3 Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 26757 battles
  • [X-RAY] X-RAY
T-34 -> Lowe -> KV-5

Vilutin #4 Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 7806 battles
My best round with my KV-5 is 158k credits, with good ones hitting in the 120-140k area. While on average it's still around ~70k (with premium account). KV-5 also got more "friendly" MM.

KV-5 Battle tier: 9-10
Löwe: 9-11

So KV-5 cannot face tier 10 tanks (unless platooned with someone who can), while Löwe can (now that can also mean more money for the Löwe, i would guess).

http://forum.worldof...-making-system/

My experience against Löwes in somewhat fair 1vs1 fights is that i win most of the time, because of much better rate of fire on KV-5 and paper frontal hull on Löwe (much like R2D2 on KV-5 to be honest).

Fronx #5 Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9318 battles
It is quite relevant to the play style of the person driving the tank, so it is impossible to say definite answer.

I personally have Löwe, and get nice earnings from it.

But I now got T34 also, playing it first as a normal tank and thus learned it quite well. I had good stats with it, and now still am able to play it efficiently as premium and I earn clearly more with it than I did with Löwe.

But knowing how paper T34 hull is, I cannot recommend it to person who's play style I am not aware with:

If one is skilled with T29, T32 and T30, (or has played T34 before it became premium) having constantly good kill/match ratio, I would say yes, choose T34, you will get more from it than from Löwe (as you clearly have understood how to play American heavies to their advantage). But if you failed to play well with those, do not choose T34. Löwe is "safer", in generic sense.

In summarum: I think T34 will gain more in skilled hands (knowledge on American heavies), but Löwe is safer if unsure as it is more forgiving.

IMO

Andrenas #6 Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 24123 battles
  • [LTU] LTU
At the moment T34 is somewhat better than Lowe (better mobility and better alpha dmg), but if you don't have, you are not going to get it. Also you can rest assured that it is going to be slightly nerfed over next 6 months.

You shouldn't discount KV-5 too much - it is much faster than Lowe, has way better armor (even counting well known week spots) and has better tiering. "Week gun" is really not so bad. It has great rate of fire, reasonable accuracy and penetration good enough for anything T7 and less. Granted, you'd better pack few gold rounds, if you are going to dispute right of way with T8+ tank nose-to-nose, but it is good enough for flanked T8-9 heavy.

CroustibatFR #7 Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 11442 battles

View PostAndrenas, on 13 April 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

At the moment T34 is somewhat better than Lowe (better mobility and better alpha dmg), but if you don't have, you are not going to get it. Also you can rest assured that it is going to be slightly nerfed over next 6 months.

You shouldn't discount KV-5 too much - it is much faster than Lowe, has way better armor (even counting well known week spots) and has better tiering. "Week gun" is really not so bad. It has great rate of fire, reasonable accuracy and penetration good enough for anything T7 and less. Granted, you'd better pack few gold rounds, if you are going to dispute right of way with T8+ tank nose-to-nose, but it is good enough for flanked T8-9 heavy.

I would add spall liner, lend lease oil and ramming skill if i was to go nose to nose with other tanks in a KV5. Ramming in that thing can net more DPS than shooting.

lagerfrenzy #8 Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15564 battles
  • [666TH] 666TH
[quote name='Artangel' timestamp='1334324596' post='1767315']
Friend of mine is trying to grind the credits for his teir 10 tank. I have suggested the Lowe as the choice of premium as I feel it earns the best super accurate gun FTW. But does anyone have a view/info on the KV5 or new T34 can they compete with the Lowe.

I have had 150K credits before on my lowe and this tank will all be about earning credits to pay for high teir tanks.

Any advice for him?

An interesting question!

I am actually surprised you have friends. - by the way are you out tonight as I was going to pop in and visit your missus ;)

Zhazam #9 Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 1091 battles

View PostVilutin, on 13 April 2012 - 02:55 PM, said:

My experience against Löwes in somewhat fair 1vs1 fights is that i win most of the time, because of much better rate of fire on KV-5 and paper frontal hull on Löwe (much like R2D2 on KV-5 to be honest).

Lowe needs to be played more as a TD than a heavy. It has adequate turret armor but the hull armor is pretty useless. There aren't many good hull-down positions either because it doesn't have good gun depression. So your best option is to hang back a bit and use the excellent sniper gun. It has no issues hitting the wart on the T110E5 for example.

harry_monkley #10 Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 36737 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View PostArtangel, on 13 April 2012 - 02:43 PM, said:

Any advice for him?
Don't forget that if you have the same nation premium tank and tier 10 heavy, you can use the crew from the tier 10 while grinding for credits which will boost the speed of training the crews skills and give the advantage of having an uber crew in the premium tank from the get go.

MyHairIsOnFire #11 Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 9407 battles
i love lowe,it has great gun and with sidescraper u can take good amount of hits so its also fun to play - it was good buy  ;)

Panocek #12 Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 27024 battles
Money comes from damage dealt, so despite T34 having epic boomstick with epic long aim and reload time, I'd vote for Lowe for moneymaking prime. Softer MM, better accuracy, more manageable reload.

If anything, Type could be the best. And most fun, I guess.

Fronx #13 Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9318 battles

View PostZhazam, on 13 April 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

Lowe needs to be played more as a TD than a heavy. It has adequate turret armor but the hull armor is pretty useless. There aren't many good hull-down positions either because it doesn't have good gun depression. So your best option is to hang back a bit and use the excellent sniper gun. It has no issues hitting the wart on the T110E5 for example.

Even though it is good "generic" rule, I disagree a bit:

You really need to look what the match looks like. If you're top tank, and map favors certain style, you naturally need to take your place as top tier tank brawler. Lowe has lot of HP, and turret bounces a bit.

Naturally if the matchmaker allows it, TD-style is safer, but still selfishly subjectively.

In TD-style you lose some money gain, as you are not the spotter. So I wouldn't agree on that "play it as TD" -rule. You lose on gains (see XP and credit gains from wiki), and might cause team to lose due to your HP missing from the front line (if being top tier).

So it is highly situational.

Malexa #14 Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 26836 battles
From the limited number of games I played last test server, 25-50 each tank, I earned most with the KV-5, second was T34 (but I had 10% higher win ratio with it than löwe) third was löwe. I actually added up the net credit gain after each battle, this isn't just how I felt it was.

KV-5 has better matchmaking and the ammo cost per battle is like a third of what it's for the löwe.

Without premium I made an average of 25k credits after ammo, repairs and repair/med kits, with T34 and Löwe, with KV-5 that was closer to 30k. I might have been luckier with the KV-5 but part of that "luck" is the matchmaker which doesn't put you in as many high tier battles.

I recommend the KV-5 for T8 Premium, significantly cheaper 7500g? compared to around 12k for the other two and still makes just as much credits if not more. (more in my case)

Undeadas #15 Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 24927 battles
  • [SCREW] SCREW

View PostMinio, on 13 April 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

T-34 -> Lowe -> KV-5
this is it.

KV-5 - has no gun, and has problems to beat any tier 8 rank. Also big weak spots. So it's totally out of comparison (yes it can occasionally get lot's of credits, but lowe/t34 - more often). Basically with KV-5 you must be the only top tier, and that enemy top tier tank would not face you - when you can go do stuff, in other cases - it's pretty much "meh".

Lowe and T34 both have good guns, armor is pretty the same (good turret, bad hull), but agility and speed is on T34 side.

Malexa #16 Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 26836 battles
Before you waste your cash, make a 2nd WoT account (you don't get enough gold on test server to buy both) when 7.3 test is out buy a Löwe on one account and a KV-5 on the other. See which one makes more net profit and you'll find out I'm right :)

KV-5 has highest damage per minute, lowest ammo cost and best matchmaking.

custardSPARTA #17 Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 34925 battles
  • [SPRT] SPRT
In 3 days I made 2 million credit non premium with the KV5, it's also cheap. That was not playing all day and I am not an uber good player. Personally I would go for a gold tank of the same tree as your favorite tanks so you get the skill training benefit as mentioned in previous posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users