100 Years On From Titanic Disaster

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

MrGunner625 #1 Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9615 battles
I know alot of people already know but I would just love to pay my respects (dont know where else to do it) to those who are affected or were affected and who were harmed or died as the 'invincible' ship sank.

May the Lord keep them in his company and rest in peace.

MrGunner625

(If mods think this post shouldnt be here or not even on forum then feel free to move it, your choice)

MyCom_Spitfire_ #2 Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10544 battles
  • [DIIN] DIIN
you know that if they drove the ship backwards then they could have delyaed the sinking,or stuffed the lifejackets in the flooded sections,the ship was flawed to begin with (small rudder and central proppeller).
Anyway I agree with you on the respects and so on.(Except the god part,Im not religous :P)

Maxiewolf #3 Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 965 battles
Interesting to think that if it didn't sink it quite possibly would have been scrapped and long forgotten about by now.  Then again some other shipping disaster of huge proportions would have had to happen at some stage for us to have things like laws such as requiring lifeboats for everyone and then some, the international Ice patrol, laws for going slow in ice fields.

And with the research into such things as cold water optical illusions and the location and weather conditions of when it sank... looks like alot of things where against the Titanic... when mother nature decides your number is up... its Really up.

RIP - A Tragedy like most, Could have been avoided.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users