Guess What #7 - The winners!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Here are the winners of this week's Guess What contest. Congratulations!

Full news text

SuchySucharovic #2 Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18207 battles
I would apreciate, if WG could show answers and descriptions from winners because its almost impossible to recognize it from so few leads....At the start of the Guess What, WG said that only guessing wont be enough, so I call for justice, show us the reason, that they earned gold properly  B)

dadas12 #3 Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3010 battles
I got problems! I send this E-mail (I'm from Czech Rep.):

odpověď: Pz IV
nick: dadas12
důvod: dvě řady přídavného pásového pancéřování typické pro tento tank, pásy, celkový vzhled viditelných částí

in English (from Google transtalor):

Answer: Pz IV
Reason: two rows of additional armor belt typical of this tank, straps, the overall appearance of visible parts
why I did not win? :mellow:

akaMelkor #4 Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10690 battles
  • [IZGO] IZGO
"Only the first player with a correct answer will be rewarded"
What happened to that? Shouldn't this contest go on till Thursday? If your bending/braking your own rules at least tell us about it.

Jock3R #5 Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8885 battles
  • [CFC82] CFC82
I send the correct answer,I send this in email ''I think it's the German PzKpfw IV Ausf G tier 5,because of protect on front armor and colour of the tank. Jock3R[SLF2]'' and I didn't get 2000 gold I'am realy angry because of this,please I want to tell did you have a chance to correct it? I'am very disappointed. :(
My email ''Guess What Contest

Hide Details
Amd Gamer
TO:
Worldoftanks_EN@wargaming.net
Message flagged Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:47 PM
I think it's the German PzKpfw IV Ausf G tier 5,because of protect on front armor and colour of the tank. Jock3R[SLF2] Check if you dont believe.

Emiran #6 Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14139 battles

View PostSuchySucharovic, on 18 April 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

I would apreciate, if WG could show answers and descriptions from winners because its almost impossible to recognize it from so few leads....At the start of the Guess What, WG said that only guessing wont be enough, so I call for justice, show us the reason, that they earned gold properly  B)

Well, because you didnt recognize it, doesnt mean, that no one did.

Here is my email to contest (its in czech original and translated to english)

Komu: Worldoftanks_CZ@wargaming.net
Guess What Contest
17/04/2012 18:33

Myslím si, že je to PzKpfw IV. Soudím podle toho, co vypadá jako předek tanku s náhradními pásy, kterého jsou na pzIV dvě řady, což by odpovídalo obrázku.

S pozdravem,
Emiran ve hře

Now the translation, roughly:
I think, that its PzkfwIV. Judged by what looks like the front of the tank with spare tracks, that pzIV has two lines of, which would correspond with the picture.

So, its not about guessing it, its about knowing the models of a tank. http://forum.worldof...le_honoring.gif

Ze_captain #7 Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4286 battles
Hmmm, how i saw it: At first glance i thought this was the Tiger, but then i looked closer. At first i only noticed the lower track peice (the one that tricked me before) but then i saw the top track peice, i checked all tanks for lower and upper tracks peices, the only one that had it AND matched the way the hull looked was the PzKpfw IV, but i was not satisfied. I continued checking the details, the small part of a ball turret you can see for example, is in the right place for a PzKpfw IV.

I didnt get anything ;(

*Edit* Ah i see, well, i get it. Only first person on each email, thought they took the first one from each country, how naive of me. Hm i will still leave that up there for players that want to know how we saw it. And wargaming, what happened to the other days. Supposedly the contest was going on for four days, where did they go?

Prizes:

Only the first player with a correct answer will be rewarded.

Right answer during Tuesday:

2000 gold

Right answer during Wednesday:

1000 gold

Right answer during Thursday:

500 gold

Right answer during Friday:

250 gold

Walaho #8 Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7957 battles
This contest is same crap as all the other contests. Why the hell only first player get the reward?? If you check link too late (1 min later), you can't win (smth like that)?? I think the guessing is kinda hard enough to reward all the people, not only the first ones. Why to bother try those contests if you can't get a shit from them? There's NONE contests where anyone could win. Everywhere you put luck to get gold. Yours money mania ruins this game.

akaMelkor #9 Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

Private

• Player
  • 10690 battles
  • [IZGO] IZGO
Come on somebody explain why and how rules are changed.

Myrsky #10 Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:11 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 12745 battles
I'm an idiot... I was sure it is the PzIV because of the spare tracks on front of the vehicle, but I forgot to send in the explanation with the email...

tvman #11 Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9642 battles
why is it only on the first day winners i send un email on the second day.After few hours they stoped the contest can you tell me why i didnt win? :huh:

Tuccy #12 Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

Czech Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 14455 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostakaMelkor, on 19 April 2012 - 02:02 AM, said:

Come on somebody explain why and how rules are changed.
The rules did not change. First correct reply in each section (on each e-mail) wins.
In this case the "guess what" was fairly simple, we had first winners within minutes, in other cases we often had to wait for some section to get a winner while there were already winners in other sections.

supercharge #13 Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 1651 battles
  • [WG-EU] WG-EU

View PostSuchySucharovic, on 18 April 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

Hi,

This model has been guessed very fast - just 3min after it was published on the Forum.
The brief description was: "two spare track pieces are visible on the front of the tank and the tracks are pz4 tracks"

We agree that this contest is difficult but this is the purpose of it. Each week we receive many correct answers :)

Thanks guys for taking part in it!

supercharge #14 Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 1651 battles
  • [WG-EU] WG-EU

View PostakaMelkor, on 18 April 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

"Only the first player with a correct answer will be rewarded"
What happened to that? Shouldn't this contest go on till Thursday? If your bending/braking your own rules at least tell us about it.

Thanks for the post. The contest run until we will receive the first correct answer for each language.
This week players were very lucky - they all guessed on the first day! :)

Ze_captain #15 Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4286 battles

View Postsupercharge, on 19 April 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

Thanks for the post. The contest run until we will receive the first correct answer for each language.

Ah, i see, thank you for clearing that up. I guess most users thought that you mean to update the picture each day, making it more clear to see what it is! You need to reward more people for each Email to allow more people a chance, therefore making more participate. Just some constructive criticism, dont take it for something else ;)

Walaho #16 Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7957 battles

View Postsupercharge, on 19 April 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

I think in world there's more than six languages, so why only RANDOM 6 are rewarded..?

supercharge #17 Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • 1651 battles
  • [WG-EU] WG-EU

View Postdadas12, on 18 April 2012 - 05:50 PM, said:

I got problems! I send this E-mail (I'm from Czech Rep.):

odpověď: Pz IV
důvod: dvě řady přídavného pásového pancéřování typické pro tento tank, pásy, celkový vzhled viditelných částí

in English (from Google transtalor):

Answer: Pz IV
Reason: two rows of additional armor belt typical of this tank, straps, the overall appearance of visible parts
why I did not win? :mellow:

Hi,

Thanks for taking part in the contest. It looks like someone was faster than you this time :(
Only the first correct answer counts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users