Perks for T-54?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

Lortex #1 Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
as the topic say.

What skills and perks should my T-54 crew have? Is there any ulitmate combo?;)

Moved to a more appropriate section of the forums.

---Orree

Addi64 #2 Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
for which role? random bashing? CW scouting? what do you usually play?

Lortex #3 Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
More like random bashing, picking out targets when the battlefield is a mess. Roaming around looking for little fun!

indycar #4 Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
shouldnt this be in russian forum....

santtis #5 Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
Repair always useful and very important for a med. Some people go for BiA first but it's so easy to get tracked in this small tank so I would suggest repair first.

For your type of play I would go for Snap Shot and Smooth Ride. Then it's up to you.

brick128 #6 Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
This is what I have on my T-54.

http://i172.photobuc...2/shot_0100.jpg

Commander:
repair. Must have on meds. Also I combine it often with toolbox.
Recon. As I try to secure important positions early in the game until Heavy's can take over from me, I'd like to see whats coming as early as possible.
Jack of all trades. You will see your driver and gunner die a lot. After use of your medpack this is very useful trade to keep your tank running.
Camo. By lack of really usefull other skills I took this one. Always useful to have a bit camo. But as a T-54 isn't a good sniper I don't use it so much. Best thing I use it for is to ambush scouts and french.

Gunner.
repair.
snap shot. As you are often fighting close combat and constantly moving its good to have your accuracy boosted a bit, otherwise you see to many shots end up in spaced armor, non penetrable parts of the tank and just plain misses.
Deadeye. A bigger chance to do critical damage cripples the tanks you are harassing. Less chance they hit you back or escape.
camo.

driver.
repair.
smooth ride. same reason as snapshot. You are often in the heat of battle and just cant afford to waste shots. Against bigger guns each shot must count.
controlled impact. I love this skill. Ideal to intercept scouts. Also very effective against those pesky french paper tanks. Although after the nerf you hardly see them anymore. You stop scouts dead in their track and with your repair and toolbox , even when you get tracked yourself by the impact, your tank is operational fast enough to get out of the way of friendly fire and circle them.
camo.

Loader.
repair.
adrenaline rush. To get one or two extra shots off before you die.
firefighting. Had nothing better to choose from.
camo.

This is my favorite tank to play.
I mainly play randoms and made it a real interceptor and close combat monster.

At the moment I'm trying the GLD instead of the toolbox but think I go back to toolbox soon.

brick128 #7 Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
BTW.

If you think you want any "perks", get them first. Perks only work at 100%, skills start working from the start and keep improving.

It takes me now 40 to 50 games to improve 1%. So you can work out how long it takes for a perk to work if its your third or fourth.

Hornet331 #8 Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
eh.. why no use safe stowage on the loader.. its way more useful then fire fighting...

As for the driver I would go for maintenance rather then controlled impact, T54 is to light to really profit form the extra damage potential. Maintenance on the other hand helps you with fuel tank hits... and it help a lot because T54 has a tank right behind the front plate...

BadNews420 #9 Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I got a scout T54

Bia on all 100%
Sixth sense on commander 100%
repair on the other 3 100%
Camo on everyone 60%

mamlas #10 Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I run with

Commander:
Mentor (last 5% on 4th skill take 400 000 xp, so every bit helps)
BiA
Camo
Repair 95

Gunner:
BiA
snap shot
Deadeye
camo 95

Driver:
Smooth ride
BiA
Offroad thingie
Camo 95

Loader:
BiA
Safe stowage
Camo
Repair 95%

Edit: While i see merit of having 100% repair on all(i had 100% camo/repair/fire before the patch) i really don't miss it. Also, recon is nice, and ill will replace mentor with it one day.

brick128 #11 Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostHornet331, on 23 April 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

eh.. why no use safe stowage on the loader.. its way more useful then fire fighting...

As for the driver I would go for maintenance rather then controlled impact, T54 is to light to really profit form the extra damage potential. Maintenance on the other hand helps you with fuel tank hits... and it help a lot because T54 has a tank right behind the front plate...
Well, I had more fires then ammo blow ups( in over 2k games) so I went for firefighting. All little bits help, even if its a little.

Driver.
Probably better overall.
But as I use it to intercept lights and French meds even with low weight it works well enough to keep.

Lortex #12 Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
Thanks for all the answers. Now I do got a bit more flesh on my bones so to say!;)

sutyomatic #13 Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:59 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Commander:
Sixth sense
Recon
Camo

Gunner:
Snapshot
Deadeye
Camo

Driver:
Smooth Ride
Off-Road Driving
Camo

Loader:
Safe Stowage
Intuition
Camo

Main focus was to make it a bit better in areas where it was good (mobility), and make it less shitty in other areas (ie.: firing on the move and aiming time).
Should have chosen adrenaline rush on the loader, but meh.

LeeTErik #14 Posted 01 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
My setup is:

Commander: Repair, Camo, Sixth sense, Recon
Gunner: Repair, Camo, Designated target, Snap shot
Driver: Repair, Camo, Smooth ride, Clutch braking
Loader: Repair, Camo, Safe stowage, Adrenalin rush

I play a bit different style like others, but alone, without platoon i must play this style to get good rounds, and i think i got some good ones in it :)