T44 got nerfed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic

vlasterx #1 Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19140 battles
Is something changed on T44 recently because right after the wipe T44 seemed fine, but in the last week or so it gets one-shotted most of the times? More over it takes some insane damage even from low tier tanks. Anyone else noticed this? It is becoming very frustrating to play with this tank now.

Cragger #2 Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:21 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postvlasterx, on 22 September 2010 - 01:15 AM, said:

Is something changed on T44 recently because right after the wipe T44 seemed fine, but in the last week or so it gets one-shotted most of the times? More over it takes some insane damage even from low tier tanks. Anyone else noticed this? It is becoming very frustrating to play with this tank now.

T-44 had very vulnerable ammo stowage. This is represented in the game, and has been reduced significantly from where it was. If you don't have wet racks then you need to get them as your ammo rack is getting hit and exploding.

Sykotic #3 Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I have not had any more issues with ammo rack on my T-44 than any other vehicle. It has been noted (via diagrams) that the T-44 turret is basically one big ammo rack. So, any damage to your turret has a high probability of causing ammo rack damage. I myself am not using the Wet Ammo Rack. I opted for Rammer, Stabilizer, and Toolbox. If anything I would replace the Toolbox with a Spall Liner. Arty is my sworn enemy and they all like shooting at the T-44.

enu_ #4 Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23027 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
i have wet ammo rack, playing with T44 was ok since yesterday, tonight i got one shot kill from random oponents, T28, Ferdinand, Hummel, JgPanther... that was not the case in days behind.

enu_ #5 Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:44 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 23027 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
last match tonight, going behind leopard 7 hits in him missed!

TStick #6 Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:41 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10587 battles
Blegh, got oneshotted @ 50mph by a Grille today, without ammorack or anything, looked up the avg damage of the grille, wich is 680 with the maxgun upgrade, while my t44 has 920 Health AND HE Liner, and the guy claimed he did not use a Premium round. I pitty the fool that buys this tank post beta, and sees all his $$ go down the drain in a worthless piece of soviet equipment. Blegh.

Joker_of_the_Clan #7 Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36653 battles
im afraid it would be even worse because of the crying... this is happening in all of the games, to much cry on the forum then they nerf the things.

simple example: there was so much crying about tiger that is so poor and stuff and crying about so "OP" t44 what we can see at the moment? tiger can easy 1 shoot t44 and this is ok ye?

vlasterx #8 Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19140 battles
T44 was just as it should be when 0.5 patch started, it could kill and it could be killed, but now I'm on the verge to sell it and buy anything else! I used to have some nice scores before, but now I'm having problems killing freaking PzIV ffs! Few days ago I was in battle with my T44 against PzIV and PzIII. To my surprise, they opened my T44 like a can of beer! If this is balance and if tier 8 medium tank has to fear tier 3 and 4 tanks, then only think I can guess is that developers caved in to crybabies.

Now most of the times T44 gets one-shotted by some mid level tanks and tracked and killed by lvl 3-4 tanks. Almost no more dings from T44 armor - all shots hit and do damage. Gun is considerably less accurate as well even with vertical stabilizer. I have 100% crew, 100mm gun (the one that everyone is using on T44) and vertical stabilizer, but it feels feel like I have crew at 75% without any additional modules and with a default gun.

Duels with Panthers are history long forgotten. It's almost like attacking an IS7.

T44 is overnerfed to the point it's not fun to play with it any longer. It has been brought down to the level of Leopard!

gorlock #9 Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:15 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I agree with the above post. I don't know what they did to it in the patch, but it seems like the armor is paper thin. 99% of the time when I am killed, it requires FULL repair. This is even without an ammo rack kill. Tanks 3 tiers below me can hit me for 75% of my health and firing at a panther feels like I'm shooting at an IS3 or 4. Panthers can kill me in one or 2 shots. Realism is fine with regards to the ammo racks, but they really have to look at game balance and as far as I'm concerned this is no where near a balanced tank.

Edit: As far as I'm concerned what I said above is true....to a point. The wet ammo rack is a must for this tank. Without it the tank is pretty much unplayable. With it it does have some more survivability. However, when it dies it almost always dies for 100% of it's health with a repair bill of anywhere from 16,500-18000 and change (usually the higher end of this) which I feel does need to be changed up a bit.

Qoreman #10 Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:16 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Nerf everything till we are all in loltraktors and then the game will be fair and even, but completely empty.

BOldMan #11 Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 18052 battles

View PostCyrilix, on 28 September 2010 - 06:59 AM, said:

Actually, T-44 is quite balanced, gorlock. You just got off a 6-kill rampage. Get out and stop whining.

Well is balanced fine to fight with pz3 and pz4, eventualy some t34.
Now is a fine expensive piece of crap. I am driven an IS3 and spit on my old T44 in garage every time I see it. Old time rushing T44 are gone, now is a clown tank and every scout chase him.

I hope a new wipe, to get all my exp and money back, and forget for ever what crap I researched for so long time.

Sykotic #12 Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostBOldMan, on 28 September 2010 - 07:33 AM, said:

Well is balanced fine to fight with pz3 and pz4, eventualy some t34.
Now is a fine expensive piece of crap. I am driven an IS3 and spit on my old T44 in garage every time I see it. Old time rushing T44 are gone, now is a clown tank and every scout chase him.
Now that everyone has high tier tanks people are starting to realize the T-44 is not OP at all.

Emdee #13 Posted 29 September 2010 - 01:30 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Against anything tier 7 or above I'm having a hard time in T-44.  Panthers are smashing me shot for shot (even front on to their rear) and lower tier tanks hitting me are like opening a sardine can.  I thought it was just me, but Crazymutha has stopped playing his as well, as he can't afford repairs.  The tank used to be great fun, but like others have said the armour is a problem.  Having the speed is great, but it still gets hit and tracked easy on the move.  Whenever you are tracked, you're guaranteed dead within a few seconds and my leopard seems to bounce more shells.

I swapped to heavy tank line and KV-3 can take more of a hit and has the same gun while it's two tiers down.  Seems to be a lot more survivable.

The 122mm is not worth using.  Twice as slow to reload and double damage, may as well fire 2x 100mm shells for less shell cost.  The accuracy also seems to be pretty average and a lot of clean shots are missed (with 100% crew, stabilizer and ventilation).  I had prettymuch given up firing on the move altogether.

Total battles I have played in T-44:  351.

Sykotic #14 Posted 29 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I still like playing my T-44, but I realize that at best I will average 5k profit per battle. I may lose credits every few games, but then I will have one that I make 20k. It all balances out, but it definitely isn't a good tank to make money in now. Especially when you get thrown in to a high tier battle.

gorlock #15 Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:45 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostCyrilix, on 28 September 2010 - 06:59 AM, said:

Actually, T-44 is quite balanced, gorlock. You just got off a 6-kill rampage. Get out and stop whining.

Sure. Sometimes I get into a match where for some reason I'm ignored and can get kills. Trust me, it's rare...

Also, please don't flame..  :D

__Csucsu #16 Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:49 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 12826 battles

View PostEmdee, on 29 September 2010 - 01:30 PM, said:

Against anything tier 7 or above I'm having a hard time in T-44.  Panthers are smashing me shot for shot (even front on to their rear) and lower tier tanks hitting me are like opening a sardine can.  I thought it was just me, but Crazymutha has stopped playing his as well, as he can't afford repairs.  The tank used to be great fun, but like others have said the armour is a problem.  Having the speed is great, but it still gets hit and tracked easy on the move.  Whenever you are tracked, you're guaranteed dead within a few seconds and my leopard seems to bounce more shells.

Total battles I have played in T-44:  351.

How can panther hit you? YOu're standing there face to face with him? You do know panther's turret has 30 degree/sec turning. You can run 2 circles around him without him getting to shoot at you...  Its not affordable yes, pretty expencive just as much as panther. Tracked = dead, also on panther and any other medium.

View Postwoookash, on 25 September 2010 - 01:49 PM, said:

im afraid it would be even worse because of the crying... this is happening in all of the games, to much cry on the forum then they nerf the things.

simple example: there was so much crying about tiger that is so poor and stuff and crying about so "OP" t44 what we can see at the moment? tiger can easy 1 shoot t44 and this is ok ye?

100% Tiger 1, 100% me in T 34-85. Easily won the fight. In my platoon, we call tigers - victims. 3 victims on the other team wooo $$!

T 44 is fine as it is.

vlasterx #17 Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19140 battles

View PostKutalion, on 30 September 2010 - 12:49 AM, said:

T 44 is fine as it is.

It's not fine - it's overnerfed. Small modifications and small nerfs would be fine, but now we have Tier 8 tank that is only slightly better then Tier 4/5 tanks. When you take into account all nerfs and money that this tank can bring into a game and money that it spends, it's completely unbalanced.

Sykotic #18 Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postvlasterx, on 30 September 2010 - 08:58 AM, said:

It's not fine - it's overnerfed. Small modifications and small nerfs would be fine, but now we have Tier 8 tank that is only slightly better then Tier 4/5 tanks. When you take into account all nerfs and money that this tank can bring into a game and money that it spends, it's completely unbalanced.
The only "nerf" the T-44 got was a 10% Horsepower reduction in the engines. Guess what, the Panther also received a 10% reduction and all the other vehicles received 5% reductions. They increased the repair costs for ALL Tier 8 tanks. So it doesn't just affect the T-44, but also the ISU-152, Ferdinand, IS-3, King Tiger, and Panther. The reason people aren't WTFPwning people anymore is because there are more Tier8+ vehicles in the game and not as many lower Tier vehicles to feast upon.

There is nothing wrong with the T-44 balance. The T-44 and Panther are probably the two most well-balanced corresponding vehicles in the game right now.

Asky_ #19 Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostSykotic, on 30 September 2010 - 11:37 AM, said:

There is nothing wrong with the T-44 balance. The T-44 and Panther are probably the two most well-balanced corresponding vehicles in the game right now.

+1

vlasterx #20 Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 19140 battles

View PostSykotic, on 30 September 2010 - 11:37 AM, said:

So how do you explain reduced accuracy, weaker armour, less dings? How do you explain that almost every shot deals damage when it wasn't the situation when 0.5 has gone live? If you remember, there were more higher level tanks in every match then there is now.

T44 can also become nerfed if every other tank in game is boosted. Maybe that happened?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users