-- Lakeville Simple Strategies Poll --

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

Poll: -- Lakeville Simple Strategies Poll -- (147 members have cast votes)

Slope of death

1. Attack (5 votes [3.40%])

Percentage of vote: 3.40%

2. Defend (111 votes [75.51%])

Percentage of vote: 75.51%

3. Probe (31 votes [21.09%])

Percentage of vote: 21.09%

4. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Path of death

1. Attack (10 votes [6.80%])

Percentage of vote: 6.80%

2. Defend (68 votes [46.26%])

Percentage of vote: 46.26%

3. Probe (64 votes [43.54%])

Percentage of vote: 43.54%

4. Other (5 votes [3.40%])

Town of death

1. Attack (132 votes [89.80%])

Percentage of vote: 89.80%

2. Defend (5 votes [3.40%])

3. Probe (10 votes [6.80%])

Percentage of vote: 6.80%

4. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

DougHole #1 Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7178 battles
Posted Image

Private_Miros #2 Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21530 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY
Defend the slope unless all enemies in the city.

Defend the middle from A7 or K7 and from within the city.

Heavies take the church in the city, meds run mayhem in the lower area.

Sadly enough I have not yet found a way to communicate these tactics to the rest of my team.

Which ends up in all attacking and dying through valley and middle while I'm holding both the city and the middle in A7 or K7.

momo03 #3 Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 19893 battles
  • [DHPA] DHPA
"Perfect" start on this map is when you see (several) heavies rolling into the canyon and the TD running off into the city...

Sznyper #4 Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 33855 battles
  • [GC4F] GC4F
"Perfect" start is everybody rush through the slope stopped and killed by for example 2 HT + 1 TD + Arty.
I've seen successfull rushes through the slope. But there must be fast heavies (sometimes good meds can also be) leading and they cannot stop - just strong and fast push. Before enemy realizes what's going on, he is in the middle of the town while capping starts.

Andrenas #5 Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23557 battles
  • [LTU] LTU
Doug, what kind of poll is that?? Where are turtles??? :o

OK, let's get serious...

Different tank, different tactics.
1. Lots of arty - town is my friend, though I might try to spot midle or slope with a really fast tank.
2. No / Low Tier arty - all options open. If lemming train goes left, I'll go right (and vice versa); equal distribution - most likely I'll take town.
3. Driving f.e. T34 or other bonehead - peak-a-boo at slope.
4. Ferdinand or similar - cover middle if required, though might decide to attack town (haven't got patience for camping).

That reminds me one of my early battles with Ferdi. Stock tracks, midle engine... and decided to take swamp-drive :D Maximum speed - 8 km/h... Odly enough we won - I was one of the top dogs and their team left only T5-7 to defend swamp. Took me long enough, but finally got to their base and captured :)

LostSpider #6 Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 15109 battles
I hate, I despise to death, I have the lowest opinion of all the retards that having the best tank on the team go to the canyon (slope of death here) to be chocked like perfected idiots/retards/subgenious/and your insult here.

If you have the best tank , dont be a *****, go to fight to town

Outfielder #7 Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16912 battles
  • [-NMZ-] -NMZ-

View PostLostSpider, on 24 April 2012 - 12:29 PM, said:

I hate, I despise to death, I have the lowest opinion of all the retards that having the best tank on the team go to the canyon (slope of death here) to be chocked like perfected idiots/retards/subgenious/and your insult here.

If you have the best tank , dont be a *****, go to fight to town

And the same goes for those who go up the hill 'to take a peek' or those who fire at the 1 lone enemy scout who takes a peek. Let them come down the slope for a bit, then hit them and watch them try to get back up the slope in reverse.....  :Smile-playing:

Woel #8 Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 22909 battles
Personally I like it when there're some TDs or not top tier heavies holding the west side, some not so important or TD in middle and rest are in city. But it doesn't really matter anyways, along with Siegfried line, I always lose on these maps...

krazypenguin #9 Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 20664 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Doug, I'm not voting until I get this option:

13 of the team decide to camp in the valley (not attack it, just camp) while the top 2 tanks on the team head to the city.  One of those tanks spends precious time desperately begging the rest of the team to look at their mini maps and redeploy properly whilst the other top tier tank suicidally dives head first into a swarm of enemies in the town, immediately getting himself completley surrounded and dying in seconds before spending the rest of the game flaming the other top tier player for not saving him.  The remaining top tier fights a desperate but pointless rear guard in the town but is soon overwhelmed at which point one of the idiots in the valley pings the town "attention" though they all still camp there.  Enemy team move up and surround valley campers and destroy them.

Only player in the team with a brain watches his screen as yet another fail team disintegrates and remembers the Blackadder joke - "I want to see how a war is fought, so badly"  "Well, you've come to the right place, Bob. A war hasn't been fought this badly since Olaf the Hairy, high chief of all the vikings, accidentally ordered 80,000 battle helmets with the horns on the inside."

Private_Miros #10 Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21530 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

View Postkrazypenguin, on 24 April 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

Doug, I'm not voting until I get this option:

13 of the team decide to camp in the valley (not attack it, just camp) while the top 2 tanks on the team head to the city.  One of those tanks spends precious time desperately begging the rest of the team to look at their mini maps and redeploy properly whilst the other top tier tank suicidally dives head first into a swarm of enemies in the town, immediately getting himself completley surrounded and dying in seconds before spending the rest of the game flaming the other top tier player for not saving him.  The remaining top tier fights a desperate but pointless rear guard in the town but is soon overwhelmed at which point one of the idiots in the valley pings the town "attention" though they all still camp there.  Enemy team move up and surround valley campers and destroy them.

Only player in the team with a brain watches his screen as yet another fail team disintegrates and remembers the Blackadder joke - "I want to see how a war is fought, so badly"  "Well, you've come to the right place, Bob. A war hasn't been fought this badly since Olaf the Hairy, high chief of all the vikings, accidentally ordered 80,000 battle helmets with the horns on the inside."

I approve of this post in all its paragraphs.

DougHole #11 Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 7178 battles

View Postkrazypenguin, on 24 April 2012 - 12:50 PM, said:

:lol:

Roebuck34 #12 Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:17 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17159 battles
  • [SAT] SAT
tactic you say where was that bloody cyanide pill the general gave me  :Smile_harp:

Figment #13 Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 21148 battles
Send any US hull down tanks with good gun depression to the hill, they can probe and actually try to take it.

Send some stealthy snipers to the middle who can fire flank shots at town.

Main assualt usualy goes through town, either the low or high route. Personally prefer to first do the low route, since it's more dynamic and if you win that you can flank the high route much more easily than the other way around. Plus, if you got snipers in the middle, you can lure enemies into artillery and sniper zones near the shore. Especially handy when using a french tank, seeing as they need cover fire during reloads.

With scouts, city shore is ideal, plenty of routes to escape and bypass, while you have a good vision from a lot of bushes. With TDs, hold near base on the north side, either with an overview into town, or the shoreline. From the south, there are ample bushes which cover the exit of town.

Alternatively, when lemming train moves through the west side from the south, setup a triangular ambush in the south east corner and let enemies move freely through town, while arti can cover you as can the defenders of the middle path (exit of town in particular).

Merquise #14 Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 24842 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
'Fun' things on this map:
- All heavies drive to slope and then stop without pushing so enemy arty can pound them to a slow death 1 by 1....
- Top tier tank driving through middle and stopping in E4 because he realises he is getting shot from the front (enemy base) and the side (town) and he's just a sitting duck.
- All lights driving to town and getting killed in all the spots the heavies need to hide from enemy cover. Or even funnier the enemy heavies now use our dead lights to shield themselves.

I have to say, this is one of the perfect maps to just wait 30 seconds to see where everyone is driving. After those 30 second you can tell if it's a win or a loss and get it correct 95% of the time.

Chuffy #15 Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 6972 battles
Perfect Lakeville Strategy

• Place extremely well shaken but unopened cans of lager on the Lake road as a booby trap

• Have at least one Arty zero'd on the lager cans

• Wait for victims to open lager, then shell the frothy mass

• Project a hologram of a circling T-50 into the centre of the valley to the west

• Enemies in the valley will ignore everything and empty their entire ammo rack trying to kill it

• The rest of the team shall then affix large cardboard masks that look like the front of a T95 to their tanks and then advance slowly through the town

• Any additional routes through the town will be blocked by more cardboard cutouts of a T95

• To keep the enemy Arty distracted an inflatable LOLTraktor will be pushed out into the middle of the lake

• In the event the LOLTraktor is sunk, a bunch of smoke trail launching fireworks will be activated from various bushes enticing them to be countered (nowhere near the real Arty positons)

• To keep the opposing team further distracted, one member of the team will ask irrelevant questions to the opposing team such as what country they are from or which gun they are using on their KV

RoyalBengalTiger #16 Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:28 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 6377 battles

View PostChuffy, on 25 April 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

Perfect Lakeville Strategy

• In the event the LOLTraktor is sunk, a bunch of smoke trail launching fireworks will be activated from various bushes enticing them to be countered (nowhere near the real Arty positons)

That's a good use for the lowest Tier, slowest moving and slowest shooting tank in the battle- put it behind a bush near friendly base and have it fire in the general direction of the Reds, with the gun fully elevated, once every 15-20 seconds.

Cobra6 #17 Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 10612 battles
  • [UN1CA] UN1CA
Lol, the poll shows exactly how these matches are played 98% of the time. It is the only real way as attacks via the other flanks will generally fail quite quickly unless the enemy manages to rush over the centre ridge without getting pinned down.

Cobra 6

dumbo11 #18 Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1789 battles

View PostCobra6, on 25 April 2012 - 09:34 AM, said:

Lol, the poll shows exactly how these matches are played 98% of the time. It is the only real way as attacks via the other flanks will generally fail quite quickly unless the enemy manages to rush over the centre ridge without getting pinned down.

In terms of the slope itself:
- one team will send tank destroyers.
- the other team will inevitably send heavy tanks.

Based on the vehicle selection - the outcome of the town battle becomes fairly obvious :(.

TheDerpyHooves #19 Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8394 battles
I probe everywhere, because I always probe eeeeeeeeeeverywhere.

On a serious note, I generally go town, unless slope of death is undefended, then I'll sit at slope off death reading clopfics waiting for some foal to breech the hill so I can proceed to shoot their underbelly.

jubeth90 #20 Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2756 battles
I love slope of death even when mickey mouse (t29) is at other side and I'm with VK and some KV alone there. We just aim aim aim and when i see ear of mickey BLAM both shoots and goes back to safe. Mostly slope tough gets none TD/Spg when i'm playing so 4-7 heavy rush against 1 heavy + 1 med tank... You can guess we are goner. But at least i want slow them down. I would attack city but if there is none going slope i must go.

Way too many battles gone like this: 4 enemies at city 9 allies at city stuck cos 4 tanks trolling and lolling them stuck.

Slope got 3-5 defenders and enemy rushes with HT army and destroys defend even if we got TD snipering from cliff. (Mostly they seem to miss or shoot ground)
Must fun part is when you get to slope like VK3001P and go to that "Safe" point where you can just aim and wait defending tanks get spotted for TD/Spg. (Yes my tacts sucks but still it's better to have MT+HT Than only HT defending.)