The White Tiger

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Warheart1992 #1 Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13901 battles
Found this on RU server site , seems like a nice movie ,at least the Tiger there cant be penetrated . Only bad thing is that the damn trailer doesnt have captions :Smile-hiding:

http://translate.goo...ger.mosfilm.ru/

Cuddly_Spider #2 Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28309 battles
Read about it, they actually went and rebuilt a Tiger 1 from scratch, making it the only functioning Tiger tank outside of Bovington Tank Museum (although obviously this is a replica). I am not sure if this is the actual replica used, or if there is another. But on the site I looked at this was linked in connection with the movie.

The movie itself, from what I have heard, is new take on 'Moby Dick', consisting of a Soviet tank commander chasing a German supertank (being that Tiger). I'm looking forward to it!

EDIT: Apparently the scenario isn't going down well in Russia. Can anyone translate this please?

http://www.newstube....gollandec-vojny

SECOND EDIT: Theatrical trailer (I think). Oh. My. God.

Warheart1992 #3 Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13901 battles
The Second World War comes to an end.  Severe protracted battles harassed by both sides.   But the more confidently advancing Soviet forces, the more often on the  battlefield there is a huge impregnable German tank "White Tiger".  Inevitably arises in the smoke of battle, he ruthlessly shooting the enemy and suddenly disappears.  No one can confidently neither confirm nor deny its existence.  However, the Soviet command decides to fight with him to create a special tank - a special model of the T-34.

The crew of this tank is headed by a person of unusual fate - almost  completely burned in the battle, doomed to death of tank commander, who  unexpectedly survived and returned to duty.  He does not know his name, does not remember the past, but finds a surprising ability to understand the language of the tanks.   He is sure - there is an elusive German tank and must be destroyed,  because the White Tiger - is the embodiment of war, its horror and  blood.

Hunting the mysterious monster begins.  Who will win this fight?

Without departing from the documentary evidence and turning to  historical characters (Zhukov, Hitler, Keitel), directed at the same  time adds to the narrative elements of mysticism, and enriches our  understanding of war as an eternal struggle between good and evil.

The film "White Tiger" is a major international project in which the main role performed by famous Russian and German actors.

Thats at least what was on the site of the film .

At there they are scared of the Tiger , insted of what happens ingame :P

OldIronsides #4 Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 4297 battles

View PostWarheart1992, on 26 April 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

The Second World War comes to an end.  Severe protracted battles harassed by both sides.   But the more confidently advancing Soviet forces, the more often on the  battlefield there is a huge impregnable German tank "White Tiger".  Inevitably arises in the smoke of battle, he ruthlessly shooting the enemy and suddenly disappears.  No one can confidently neither confirm nor deny its existence.  However, the Soviet command decides to fight with him to create a special tank - a special model of the T-34.

The crew of this tank is headed by a person of unusual fate - almost  completely burned in the battle, doomed to death of tank commander, who  unexpectedly survived and returned to duty.  He does not know his name, does not remember the past, but finds a surprising ability to understand the language of the tanks.   He is sure - there is an elusive German tank and must be destroyed,  because the White Tiger - is the embodiment of war, its horror and  blood.

Hunting the mysterious monster begins.  Who will win this fight?

Without departing from the documentary evidence and turning to  historical characters (Zhukov, Hitler, Keitel), directed at the same  time adds to the narrative elements of mysticism, and enriches our  understanding of war as an eternal struggle between good and evil.

The film "White Tiger" is a major international project in which the main role performed by famous Russian and German actors.

Thats at least what was on the site of the film .

At there they are scared of the Tiger , insted of what happens ingame :P

Oh my gosh, that's so crazy... and I don't mean "crazy" in a cool sense, like "Iron Sky is totally crazy!", but more in a way of "the authors of the story must be 14-year-olds that watched too many bad comic picturisations, be heavy on synthetical drugs, suffering from some several severe mental illnesses, having the writing giftedness of an armchair and - on top of that - did read too much in the wrong parts of the WoT forums."

Catarraz #5 Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13017 battles
This was either completely made on the computer by some uninterested 3Dmodeller who didn't even to bother to look at a Tiger properly, or is a very very bad scaled model of a Tiger...
Posted Image
Honestly, I'm starting to believe there should be a law of some sort to prevent representations THIS bad from going out in public

(I do like the whole idea of a feared weapon like the Tiger representing the whole "horror of war thing"...
and after they defeat this one, they will still have to fight it's reincarnation as a Tiger II!  :lol: )

PAKFA #6 Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16505 battles
Here are more pictures and videos of the Tiger they built from scratch for the movie >http://infinity63.co.../tank-tigr.html

Catarraz #7 Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13017 battles
That's obviously not the Tiger they used int the film since the one in the movie has a completely disproportioned turret, gun and front hull, and with side skirts that are not featured both in real Tigers and the one showed in that link of yours.

Just1ce #8 Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6811 battles
The movies replica is soo crap that it makes me cry  

but this one is really good

View PostPAKFA, on 26 April 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

Here are more pictures and videos of the Tiger they built from scratch for the movie > http://infinity63.co.../tank-tigr.html

PAKFA #9 Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Major

• Player
  • 16505 battles
Maybe I got a misleading information then, to bad if it's not that tank in the movie.  <_<

Byka_kg #10 Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
i don't know did you see it or not, but in test 2 of 0.7.3 appeared new files with names of white tiger, and new achievement to destroy white tiger that have 15000 of health.
this i saw in my russian test client, don't know about yours test )

Woras #11 Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21461 battles
I want this as a premium tank :D

SnibediSnabs #12 Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13370 battles

View PostWoras, on 02 July 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

I want this as a premium tank :D
me too.

Cuddly_Spider #13 Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28309 battles

View PostPAKFA, on 01 May 2012 - 08:17 AM, said:

Maybe I got a misleading information then, to bad if it's not that tank in the movie.  :Smile_sceptic:

It isn't. The movie tiger looks more like a T-34 with some plating put on (similar to most movie tigers). Here is a clip where you can see more of that tiger.

It actually looks far more like a tiger P.

IBLiTZKRiEGI #14 Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 3275 battles
  • [WOLVE] WOLVE

View PostCuddly_Spider, on 05 July 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

I'm sorry, this film is appalling. Aside from the already-pointed out terrible Tiger renditioning, the sound effects are crap to say the least. The Tiger cannon sounds like a party popper. And in one scene the cannon is firing every couple of seconds.

Cuddly_Spider #15 Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28309 battles

View PostIBLiTZKRiEGI, on 05 July 2012 - 09:14 PM, said:

I'm sorry, this film is appalling. Aside from the already-pointed out terrible Tiger renditioning, the sound effects are crap to say the least. The Tiger cannon sounds like a party popper. And in one scene the cannon is firing every couple of seconds.

To be fair the sound quality is youtubes very best. With regard to the tiger firing every couple of seconds this isn't a tank battle as such, as the tank is said in the movie to be some sort of ghost. This isn't really a tank or war film but more of a superficial philosophical exploration of war along with a sort of supernatural theme regarding the tank.

Whether the movie works on that level or not is another matter. I have to admit some difficulty following it, as the subtitles I aquired in order to do so were not very well translated from the original Russian (although I'm sure the person who made them did much better than I could have). I did like watching it, both central characters are very likable and it has some good really ideas. Execution of those ideas is, at times, heartbreakingly bad though. All the more because this movie at times threatens to get really good, only for those threats to remain empty.

algis242 #16 Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10474 battles
Watched it from the first second and I regret wasting my time for this horrible movie. About 1 hour and 30 minutes there are battles and so on in the movie. Then producers thought "Ok we won the war" and they went from the battlefield straight to German representatives signing the instrument of surrender. After that Hitler shows up from nowhere and speaks some gibberish for some minutes and then the movie ends.

As for the tank, I have read somewhere that they used IS tank and applied some changes to it, so it resembles Tiger P tank.

Channel911 #17 Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14602 battles
A part from the fact that they did an horrible job in adapting the IS chassi for a Tiger replica, and the fact that replica is some sort of bad hybrid between the Heinschel and Prsche versions, well, FX are more than ridiculous. My father with a hand-held camera register better sounds.

Besides, the scene depicted in the video is totally absurd.

And, the tracks' noise is so damn annoying i stopped watching after about a minute. Couldn't resist more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users