the T44 your opinion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
169 replies to this topic

Poll: T44 OP ? (461 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Is the T44 OP ?

1. Yes in general (71 votes [15.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.64%

2. Yes in gorups they are a BIG winning factor (85 votes [18.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.72%

3. No (239 votes [52.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.64%

4. Yes and NO, they are balanced with the Panther but not the lower tiers in comparison with the panther (59 votes [13.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.00%

Vote Hide poll

Lloydyboy #161 Posted 03 January 2011 - 02:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10726 battles
i've been using the 122mm on the T44 for a while and i enjoy it sometimes... its only because of its reload speed i've gone back to the 100mm

theres also a big glitch/bug i've noticed with the 122mm and the 100mm... after the patch i've been destroyed in more or less 2 hits, reason why: because the ammo rack explodes... i used to last the entire match with the 122mm despite absorbing the whole enemy teams fire and not once did my ammo rack explode... the 100mm explodes very frequently... i wanna ask the devs why this is... with the 122mm the shells are bigger and are more easy to hit (i would assume this) but it hardly explodes... my 100mm with smaller shells gets hit on the 1st hit i take... and explodes, with Wet Ammo Rack it still explodes like i dont even have Wet Ammo Rack on

dysje #162 Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 28929 battles

View PostLloydyboy, on 03 January 2011 - 02:55 PM, said:

i've been using the 122mm on the T44 for a while and i enjoy it sometimes... its only because of its reload speed i've gone back to the 100mm

theres also a big glitch/bug i've noticed with the 122mm and the 100mm... after the patch i've been destroyed in more or less 2 hits, reason why: because the ammo rack explodes... i used to last the entire match with the 122mm despite absorbing the whole enemy teams fire and not once did my ammo rack explode... the 100mm explodes very frequently... i wanna ask the devs why this is... with the 122mm the shells are bigger and are more easy to hit (i would assume this) but it hardly explodes... my 100mm with smaller shells gets hit on the 1st hit i take... and explodes, with Wet Ammo Rack it still explodes like i dont even have Wet Ammo Rack on

I have the 2nd 85mm, standard turret (recently got the T44), upgraded tracks but standard engine and in 50% of the games the tank blows up at the first hint of battle, to the first shell that hits me from the smallest of tanks because the ammo rack got hit. I have no wet ammo rack yet, will try that soon, but so far the T44 has only been usable in 50% of my games. Other tanks get more ammo rack hits after the patch, but the T44 is rediculous. I like the HP bonus and the front armor helps, but blowing up to any random person that does autoaim on my t44 is kind of sad.

Legault #163 Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:01 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14706 battles

View Postdysje, on 03 January 2011 - 09:54 PM, said:

I have the 2nd 85mm, standard turret (recently got the T44), upgraded tracks but standard engine and in 50% of the games the tank blows up at the first hint of battle, to the first shell that hits me from the smallest of tanks because the ammo rack got hit. I have no wet ammo rack yet, will try that soon, but so far the T44 has only been usable in 50% of my games. Other tanks get more ammo rack hits after the patch, but the T44 is rediculous. I like the HP bonus and the front armor helps, but blowing up to any random person that does autoaim on my t44 is kind of sad.
What are you doing that gives your enemy enough time to turn himself towards you, right click you and then fire? Why are you out in the open for so long?

EDIT: lol at the downvote, not competent enough to write a decent response? Probably shows why you disagree; you fail at playing medium tanks.

dysje #164 Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 28929 battles

View Postikiralight, on 04 January 2011 - 01:01 AM, said:

What are you doing that gives your enemy enough time to turn himself towards you, right click you and then fire? Why are you out in the open for so long?

EDIT: lol at the downvote, not competent enough to write a decent response? Probably shows why you disagree; you fail at playing medium tanks.

You have a few serious issues.

1. I did not vote anything.
2. The T44 is not as fast anymore, speed has been slightly diminished. Any hit on the turret, snipe or not, arty or not, blows the thing up. Whenever you engage a tank, in this game, there will always be one or two people able to shoot at you, that is how the game works. Especially since you can snipe out long range targets rather easily now that they have stopped warping (lots of fun in my Tiger, that just got a brand new purpose because of it). It's game mechanics. Every tank is bound to get hit and if people auto-aim they will automatically aim at the turret, and hit the T44 ammo rack.

A dogfighter tank gets into vulnerable positions often. Of course you can use a T44 to camp, but what the hell are you driving a quick medium tank for then?

Legault #165 Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:26 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14706 battles

View Postdysje, on 04 January 2011 - 04:34 PM, said:

You have a few serious issues.

1. I did not vote anything.
2. The T44 is not as fast anymore, speed has been slightly diminished. Any hit on the turret, snipe or not, arty or not, blows the thing up. Whenever you engage a tank, in this game, there will always be one or two people able to shoot at you, that is how the game works. Especially since you can snipe out long range targets rather easily now that they have stopped warping (lots of fun in my Tiger, that just got a brand new purpose because of it). It's game mechanics. Every tank is bound to get hit and if people auto-aim they will automatically aim at the turret, and hit the T44 ammo rack.

A dogfighter tank gets into vulnerable positions often. Of course you can use a T44 to camp, but what the hell are you driving a quick medium tank for then?
1. I didn't say you voted. I simply said the one downvoting is probably incompetent and a perfect example.
2. http://i235.photobuc...t_/shot_160.jpg

22 shots, 18 hits. Amount of times hit? 0. No, you don't get shot at everytime you engage something. Stop saying it like the T-44 can't take any hits whatsoever. If my T34-85 with it's 45/45/45 hull can absorb shots then so can the T-44. I'm aware of the fact that they can instantly blow up from full health but it's not THAT common. If it's so easy, why don't you oneshot every T-44 you see?

You drive a medium tank so you have the mobility to position yourself so that you can shoot things while being relatively safe.

Pahech #166 Posted 04 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
1. It's a single example.  You died 61 times in your T-34-85, so at the very least got hit 61 times.  Most likely many times that because you don't usually die in 1 shot.  And then most of those victories include damage for whatever reasons.  It does not proof your point "you don't have to get hit when you engage" whatsoever.  I am pretty sure everyone had games that they never got hit, but most games people should take some damage.  And it's true - if you are shooting someone, theoretically the victim can shoot you back if he is ready and is in optimal position, 99% of the time.  It's a player's job to not let them get in that position.
2. Your teammates took all the hits for you.  It's Ensk, and heavies tend to do their thing slugging it out in town.  They often don't have time to fight a tier 6 medium, which is in that game one of the lowest tier tanks.

I actually agree with you that the T-44 can actually tank some hits and that the ammo rack doesn't blow up every other game.  It does blow up a lot more than other tanks, but it's not to the point that it's cripplingly bad.  But drawing screenshots from your good games tend to aggravate everyone, because it's pretty blatant boasting.

Legault #167 Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14706 battles

View PostPahech, on 04 January 2011 - 08:46 PM, said:

1. It's a single example.  You died 61 times in your T-34-85, so at the very least got hit 61 times.  Most likely many times that because you don't usually die in 1 shot.  And then most of those victories include damage for whatever reasons.  It does not proof your point "you don't have to get hit when you engage" whatsoever.  I am pretty sure everyone had games that they never got hit, but most games people should take some damage.  And it's true - if you are shooting someone, theoretically the victim can shoot you back if he is ready and is in optimal position, 99% of the time.  It's a player's job to not let them get in that position.
2. Your teammates took all the hits for you.  It's Ensk, and heavies tend to do their thing slugging it out in town.  They often don't have time to fight a tier 6 medium, which is in that game one of the lowest tier tanks.

I actually agree with you that the T-44 can actually tank some hits and that the ammo rack doesn't blow up every other game.  It does blow up a lot more than other tanks, but it's not to the point that it's cripplingly bad.  But drawing screenshots from your good games tend to aggravate everyone, because it's pretty blatant boasting.
1. Yes, you can't avoid every single hit, sometimes you simply screw up and get owned. You can get outnumbered, pop up around the wrong corner, etc. But that's not my point - you shouldn't be out in the open long enough for someone to bother auto-aiming your tank, you should be in a position where they have to fire fast because you'll be gone otherwise. Again, that doesn't always work, but overall the whole "50% of the matches my ammo rack blows up" just shows he's doing something wrong if he isn't making it up on the spot. There's just no way people can shoot your ammo rack so easily and consistently.
2. That's the whole point of a medium tank... let other people take the hits while you're shooting at things. If you're in a bad spot then you have your mobility to relocate. This screenshot is just a random one, but I killed their JagdPz at B1, their hummel at A7, one Tiger II at A5, Tiger II and Ferdi at D3, VK45 at E3. I pretty much covered half of the map, and solo'd the jagdpz and hummel. You honestly think every target ignored me? Pretty much every single one of them tried to shoot me at some point, but I simply ran off. One of them (Tiger II) died to a VK45 while trying to kill me... I simply ran off. There's often no need to take hits, you can just run for cover and let your team get free hits in. It obviously works, my win ratio with the T34-85 isn't bad.

And I "boast" because I don't take screenshots of games that weren't really fun or whatever, I only do it if I felt I did well considering the circumstances, IE being at the bottom of a list. Ofcourse it's an extreme; I'm just trying to show that it's possible if you happen to make good decisions. If I can do this well with a crap tank with the big boys, why wouldn't the T-44 be capable of doing the same? I still would've avoided getting hit. You CAN play in a way where your tank doesn't get blown up so easily. If a heavy tank complains about module damage; sure. You're often forced to take hits because you can't relocate easily and you're not fast and bigger. It's annoying if your tank is useless before you even die. But medium tanks? Nah. My average exp per match in the 34-85 is good enough to prove that this playing style works extremely well. I actually find it amazing how it's so close to my Tiger, which is a heavy tank ("easy mode", according to medium tank drivers) and a tier higher.

Valeriadrina #168 Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12826 battles
Bought this tank again and with increased chance of module damage ammo rack hits are real menace. Without wet ammo rack you have to play it like tank destroyer because you just can`t afford to get hit at all.

And even with it in close range fight first hit often cooks it off and makes you pretty inefficient in slugging match. Increased hit points at least help you stay alive for one extra hit, which is positive.

Legault #169 Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 14706 battles

View PostValeriadrina, on 07 January 2011 - 10:31 PM, said:

Bought this tank again and with increased chance of module damage ammo rack hits are real menace. Without wet ammo rack you have to play it like tank destroyer because you just can`t afford to get hit at all.

And even with it in close range fight first hit often cooks it off and makes you pretty inefficient in slugging match. Increased hit points at least help you stay alive for one extra hit, which is positive.
You don't slug with it though... you shoot people, preferably in the back, and then run off if something looks our way. Works like a charm for me. Just make sure you don't venture out alone too far if they enemy team has stronger mediums, or a T44 with higher HP etc. You need to be able to run if you decide fighting a certain opponent isn't worth it.

MrKristensen #170 Posted 10 January 2011 - 03:33 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 1985 battles
Everybody gangs up to kill T-44's, that's why they don't seem OP'ed anymore.

I've never ammoracked a T-44, I made one burn from 50% to death yesterday using the 76mm on a T-34/85, but that was the first time ever.

Well, I may have ammoracked one or two, but then they were so low in HP they'd die anyway, and I didn't notice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users