the T44 your opinion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
169 replies to this topic

Poll: T44 OP ? (461 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Is the T44 OP ?

1. Yes in general (71 votes [15.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.64%

2. Yes in gorups they are a BIG winning factor (85 votes [18.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.72%

3. No (239 votes [52.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.64%

4. Yes and NO, they are balanced with the Panther but not the lower tiers in comparison with the panther (59 votes [13.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.00%

Vote Hide poll

TempSGK #21 Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9072 battles
The VK3002DB is a T44 killer just need to use it right.

If you had a Tiger 2 some tiger tanks and a Jagdtiger against 4 T44 and 2 panthers which is 6 Tier 8 tanks ... Let me tell you something as a T44 player, firstly alone, tigers are prime prey for us and tiger 2 is considered a higher form of prey BUT STILL PREY!!! Also we love to shoot the tracks of that stupid Jagdtiger and you know what, we are not weak we don't die by 1 hit by your big guns!  :Smile-izmena:

So there you have it a group of pathetic slow tanks suck.  However if you has a IS3 in your group we will all fear you, because IS3 is not prey but predator  :Smile_harp:

Gies84 #22 Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8539 battles
vkdb lacks mobility with the bigger guns to be a thread to you

TempSGK #23 Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9072 battles
The VK3002DB has Slope armour on all sides, VK3002DB has enough mobility. The Vk3002 DB is a bigger threat then the panther because of its slope armour, its much better to hit the modules then not hit it.  The T44 can easily be hit  and the only part where shots really defect is the front which isn't much when you can shoot the turret instead plus hitting the tracks is no big deal. The T44 is weak that's why it needs the high mobility to compensate.

Gies84 #24 Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8539 battles

View PostHojieko, on 23 September 2010 - 09:03 PM, said:

The VK3002DB has Slope armour on all sides, VK3002DB has enough mobility. The Vk3002 DB is a bigger threat then the panther because of its slope armour, its much better to hit the modules then not hit it.  The T44 can easily be hit  and the only part where shots really defect is the front which isn't much when you can shoot the turret instead plus hitting the tracks is no big deal. The T44 is weak that's why it needs the high mobility to compensate.
it can sustain more punishment than it should and more than the vkdb and panther what ive seen so far

HLS30 #25 Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:49 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I think one issue that causes them to be OP in some people's eyes is that T-44 drivers from what I've seen tend to stick together more than other medium/heavy drivers. Because of that, you're more likely to meet multiple T-44s in high level battles than you are to meet a swarm of panthers or VKDBs. If those tanks stuck together when advancing like T44s do, people would probably complain about them as well.

EgoBruiser #26 Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
T-44 owns the panther. Why even discuss it?

You guys want to bring a couple Panthers out and test them vs our T-44's? Bring as many as you like, we will be happy to show you the facts and get rid of this topic once and for all.

Keep in mind, pre-patch, the Panther had some advantages, those advantages are gone now. So talk all day about it being an even match, but I will be happy to show you
the real world facts.

Asky_ #27 Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:26 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostEgoBruiser, on 23 September 2010 - 09:56 PM, said:

T-44 owns the panther. Why even discuss it?

You guys want to bring a couple Panthers out and test them vs our T-44's? Bring as many as you like, we will be happy to show you the facts and get rid of this topic once and for all.

Keep in mind, pre-patch, the Panther had some advantages, those advantages are gone now. So talk all day about it being an even match, but I will be happy to show you
the real world facts.

:D:D:D

phanter vs t44, 1 vs 1 the only deciding factor is the skill ;)

EgoBruiser #28 Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostAsky, on 23 September 2010 - 10:26 PM, said:

:D:D:D

phanter vs t44, 1 vs 1 the only deciding factor is the skill ;)

Bring your panther out and you will learn the truth on this matter. I'm guessing, barring bad luck, we can beat that panther 1v1 9 outa 10 times. Let me know when your ready.

Asky_ #29 Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostEgoBruiser, on 23 September 2010 - 10:39 PM, said:

Bring your panther out and you will learn the truth on this matter. I'm guessing, barring bad luck, we can beat that panther 1v1 9 outa 10 times. Let me know when your ready.

actually i don't have a phanter, i have a t-44. In battle i prefer to fight against t44 than phanter, since panther is more durable. They are well balanced imo

EgoBruiser #30 Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostAsky, on 23 September 2010 - 10:47 PM, said:

actually i don't have a phanter, i have a t-44. In battle i prefer to fight against t44 than phanter, since panther is more durable. They are well balanced imo

Panther is more durable? Obviously you don't drive one. We catch on fire often with the first hit, we can't sustain speed/turning like a T-44, and once they are buzzing around you, it's very difficult to
get them off you because they can remove those treads very quick. We have MANY T-44 drivers and Panther drivers in the Iron-Raiders. We have tested this theory completely, pre-patch, panthers had the better gun
completely, better ROF, Accuaracy, reload time, damage, post patch those numbers have changed to make the guns more on par, although the panther still has an edge. However, add Gold rounds to the T-44, which is what
happens in match play style games, and now you completely out-class the panther gun.

I'm not talking from a conjecture stand point here, I'm talking with 100% field tested experience. I have a 60+ member clan here, and believe me, we ALL know which is the better tank at this state
of the game. Used to be I would take 2 panthers vs 2 t-44, not anymore. It's why I'm begging people to stop these topics and put it on the test track, because everybody knows, including the HOARDS of people
now driving T-44's which is the better tank, their just praying the developers don't figure it out and balance it out with the Panther.

Anyways, we can talk till were blue in the face, I'm all about results, and the field tests show the T-44 is now the superior machine.

GTORA2 #31 Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:29 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
So the OP loses to a better team and its the T44's fault?

Grind and get one yourself, though a great tank, its not the monster it's made out to be.

EgoBruiser #32 Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Numbers don't lie boys.

There are far fewer panthers then t-44's now. If your saying anything contrary to that, your full of sh^^T

soulspectre #33 Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:35 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostEgoBruiser, on 23 September 2010 - 11:40 PM, said:

Numbers don't lie boys.
You're right.. they don't:

https://spreadsheets...Z0E&hl=en&gid=7
source: http://forum.worldof...894#entry136894

and:

http://forum.worldof...304#entry133304

But you are right in that there appears to be less panther drivers than t44, though why that is I have no idea other than false perceptions perhaps.

TempSGK #34 Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9072 battles
Everyone is scared of the T44 because of its mobility, however it has only have good mobility at flat terrain so hilly terrain the panther will  win and the VK3002DB if it can hit the modules of the T44, so if a T44 defeat you it, it has a better skill.

You can either go to the Panther line or the Tiger 2 line, I think that most people quit the panther line after getting the panther and go into the Tiger 2 line, T44 users can only change line, only at the Tank destroyer line with the T34-85

Actually to show how pathetic to T44 and Panther is hmph why don't each T44 and each Panther face 1 on 1 against a IS tank which is a TIer 7.

Gies84 #35 Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:39 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8539 battles

View PostHojieko, on 24 September 2010 - 11:10 AM, said:

Everyone is scared of the T44 because of its mobility, however it has only have good mobility at flat terrain so hilly terrain the panther will  win and the VK3002DB if it can hit the modules of the T44, so if a T44 defeat you it, it has a better skill.

You can either go to the Panther line or the Tiger 2 line, I think that most people quit the panther line after getting the panther and go into the Tiger 2 line, T44 users can only change line, only at the Tank destroyer line with the T34-85

the t44 also has the better allround armor than the vkdb and the panther its accelleration is also better in hilly terrain ever drove a VKdb with the heavier turret ?(which is pretty much essential because anything else than the 88l56 is not strong enough) do you know how slow it accelerates to speed and how much speed you lose in both VKDB and panther while climbing a hill ? Tiger 2 can only kill him at long ranges at close range it gets extremely dangerous against the t44.

now the VKDB with the bigger turret cant compete in 1:1 with the T44, the slugs mostly just bounce of of the t44, the big turret of the vkdb cant keep up with the t44 in circlefighting just like the whole tank cant keep up, the small turret only has 32 rounds for the l70 which are gone in a second with that ROF and they dont do enough damage to finish the t44 off before he finishes you.

now for the definition of OP: you need to be significantly less skilled to drive the t44 to its fullest and you need to be very good to stand a chance in VKDB and Panther to compete in a 1:1 brawl with the t44 or just get lucky and its ammorack goes boom(i only had this luck ONCE in the 100´s of battles i had to fight the t44), i detracked a t44 some times but it was never when i really needed or aimed for it ! in a brawl your bullet has a big chance of not hitting the spot you aim for in my case almost every time even with a 100% gunner, since im very unlucky in every game i have to compensate with skill what i dont have in luck, while fighting the t44 which makes it a lot harder. to defeat the t44 its either luck or a really dumb t44 driver.

(note: i killed sveral panthers in 1:1 brawls with my VKDB so im not that unskilled dont tell me L2P)

Gies84 #36 Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:50 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8539 battles

View PostHojieko, on 24 September 2010 - 11:10 AM, said:

Actually to show how pathetic to T44 and Panther is hmph why don't each T44 and each Panther face 1 on 1 against a IS tank which is a TIer 7.

really ? do you think thats a good way to measure the 2 ? i dont think so in many ways 1. mobility in circlefighting is not extremely off between is and panther but the panther has more HP and the better gun which will tear the IS to pieces the outcome will be the same for both they win, only that the t44 will most likely be hit less often and come out of it with more % than the Panther

The t44´s mobility is in tactical terms a much better weapon than anything else the panther has speaking for him the t44 mobility is in my eyes just totally unrealistic and fictional its like a mariokarttank its sustained turning speed is just to high and i wouldnt have a problem with that if the germans had a similar medium to balance this out could be exactly like the t44 with all its flaws i wouldnt care, im just concerned with the ballancing of the fractions

Sykotic #37 Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostGies84, on 24 September 2010 - 11:39 AM, said:

the t44 also has the better allround armor than the vkdb and the panther its accelleration is also better in hilly terrain ever drove a VKdb with the heavier turret ?(which is pretty much essential because anything else than the 88l56 is not strong enough) do you know how slow it accelerates to speed and how much speed you lose in both VKDB and panther while climbing a hill ? Tiger 2 can only kill him at long ranges at close range it gets extremely dangerous against the t44.

now the VKDB with the bigger turret cant compete in 1:1 with the T44, the slugs mostly just bounce of of the t44, the big turret of the vkdb cant keep up with the t44 in circlefighting just like the whole tank cant keep up, the small turret only has 32 rounds for the l70 which are gone in a second with that ROF and they dont do enough damage to finish the t44 off before he finishes you.
I do fairly well in my VK3002(DB) vs. the T-44. I use the original turret and the 7.5cm L/70. It has slightly better penetration than the 8.8cn L/56 and better accuracy too. You can carry 36 rounds and I have only ever used all 36 one time. I killed 8 tanks that battle so I wasn't too upset by being out of ammo. With the original turret and 7.5cm on the VK3002(DB) it performs exactly like the T-44. Same acceleration and everything. So then it comes down to skill and a bit of luck. The person who gets behind the other tank in the circle fighting will probably win because the other tank won't be able to shake them off their rear. Rear armor shots vs. front armor shots will generally mean the person getting shot in the rear will lose. So, your performance characteristics with the original turret and 7.5cm is wrong. That said, the VK3002(DB) with original turret and 7.5cm is the only Tier 6+ vehicle that can keep up with the T-44.

Gies84 #38 Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8539 battles

View PostSykotic, on 24 September 2010 - 12:35 PM, said:

I do fairly well in my VK3002(DB) vs. the T-44. I use the original turret and the 7.5cm L/70. It has slightly better penetration than the 8.8cn L/56 and better accuracy too. You can carry 36 rounds and I have only ever used all 36 one time. I killed 8 tanks that battle so I wasn't too upset by being out of ammo. With the original turret and 7.5cm on the VK3002(DB) it performs exactly like the T-44. Same acceleration and everything. So then it comes down to skill and a bit of luck. The person who gets behind the other tank in the circle fighting will probably win because the other tank won't be able to shake them off their rear. Rear armor shots vs. front armor shots will generally mean the person getting shot in the rear will lose. So, your performance characteristics with the original turret and 7.5cm is wrong. That said, the VK3002(DB) with original turret and 7.5cm is the only Tier 6+ vehicle that can keep up with the T-44.

hmm interesting but i already feared this outcome i dont really want to change back to the L70 but it seems to be the logical step. can you answer me a question ? can the torsion bar upgrade improve mobility in circle fighting with a higher loadout or is it unimportant ?

Vidster #39 Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:45 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 10 battles

View PostGies84, on 24 September 2010 - 12:43 PM, said:

hmm interesting but i already feared this outcome i dont really want to change back to the L70 but it seems to be the logical step. can you answer me a question ? can the torsion bar upgrade improve mobility in circle fighting with a higher loadout or is it unimportant ?

Torsion bars only effect the weight of equipment you can carry. They don't do anything to change speed. The vast majority of tanks will never need them.

TempSGK #40 Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9072 battles
With a Fully Upgraded IS it could easily kill both Panther and T44. Only defence the T44 and panther has is shooting the tracks and maybe the turret in time.

The Vk3002DB is expected to last longer then the T44 or panther thanks to its slope armour against tier 8 and below.
The T44 is very situational tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users