the T44 your opinion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
169 replies to this topic

Poll: T44 OP ? (461 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Is the T44 OP ?

1. Yes in general (71 votes [15.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.64%

2. Yes in gorups they are a BIG winning factor (85 votes [18.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.72%

3. No (239 votes [52.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.64%

4. Yes and NO, they are balanced with the Panther but not the lower tiers in comparison with the panther (59 votes [13.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.00%

Vote Hide poll

BallsOFSteeel #41 Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 7384 battles
I don't think i need to play t44 or a panther to know which one is better, all i got to do is right click.

T-44
Less hp? who cares more speed and agility
Less rof? Who cares ever heard of cover?
Less pen? Speed to turn around the enemy and shoot the back solves the problem

Panther
More Hp (who needs it when your slower)
More accuracy and more rof more pen, less damage

By just judging the pictures i would say that a T44 is a lot better at dogfighting then a panther would.

Sykotic #42 Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTeflonNinja, on 24 September 2010 - 01:15 PM, said:

It's operating at a significant disadvantage though. If the DB gets behind the T-44, the 100mm cannon can penetrate it from most angles (not sure about the 85mm), whereas the DB can bounce on the turret. The lack of the stabilizer is also another problem, though this can be compensated for by judicious selection of shots.
Not necessarily. The 100mm D10T on the T-44 has an average penetration of 175mm. Given the +- 30% that is a range of 123mm to 228mm. The VK3002(DB) only has 80mm of frontal hull and turret armor. So it penetrates no problem, right? Not so fast. The slope of the armor on the DB is insane. I don't know/couldn't find the exact slope of the front armor so I can't give exact numbers, but let's assume 30 degree slope. That gives an effective thickness equivalent of 160mm. That means that around 33% of the shots from the T-44s 100mm D10T have no chance of penetrating.

Lack of stabilizer does hurt slightly, but at the spitting distances we are talking about here it isn't a huge factor.

soulspectre #43 Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:36 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Ballsofsteel, you're comparing baseline models. Although an upgraded t44 is more agile and has slightly better armor, the panther gets a gun which is 20% better in pen, acc, reload and is about even for damage. Plus it has more hitpoints and a more powerful engine and I would dare to venture that it also has better acceleration, though I'm not totally certain on that.

And since both the panther and t44 have enough penetration to get through any part of each others armor it will come down to a slug-fest where the panther has a slight upper hand in firepower and HP and the t44 has a slight upper hand in agility. Also the panther can engage targets at a slightly further distance than the t44, whereas the t44 has to get closer before it can engage, so given an equal situation the panther will probably get the first shot off before the t44 gets close enough to properly engage. It's simply too hard to tell which is better, only statistical analysis will answer that.

BallsOFSteeel #44 Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 7384 battles

View Postsoulspectre, on 24 September 2010 - 02:36 PM, said:

Ballsofsteel, you're comparing baseline models. Although an upgraded t44 is more agile and has slightly better armor, the panther gets a gun which is 20% better in pen, acc, reload and is about even for damage. Plus it has more hitpoints and a more powerful engine and I would dare to venture that it also has better acceleration, though I'm not totally certain on that.

And since both the panther and t44 have enough penetration to get through any part of each others armor it will come down to a slug-fest where the panther has a slight upper hand in firepower and HP and the t44 has a slight upper hand in agility. Also the panther can engage targets at a slightly further distance than the t44, whereas the t44 has to get closer before it can engage, so given an equal situation the panther will probably get the first shot off before the t44 gets close enough to properly engage. It's simply too hard to tell which is better, only statistical analysis will answer that.

Thats what i said.

soulspectre #45 Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:46 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Well you brush off the fact that the panther has better firepower and more hp, like it doesn't matter. I tell you, being on the receiving end of that firepower will change your mind. 20% better stats to multiple aspects of its gun adds up to quite a significant advantage that can't be simply brushed aside.

Also what many people don't realise is that a 20% increase in accuracy doesn't equate to a 20% increase in hit chance, It actually equates to about a 30% increase in hitchance because you're actually talking about the maximum radial area at the target that the round could pass thru.

Sykotic #46 Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
We can tank it a step further and look at raw survivability. Assume they are both fully upgraded and using standard AP rounds only. T-44 has 1030 Health and Panther has 1300 Health

Panther with 8.8cm L/71 cannon has a normal damage range of 154 - 286 and an average damage of 220.
T-44 with 100 D10T cannon has a normal damage range of 161 - 299 and an average of 230.

If we assume that both tanks has the same chance to score a critical hit or sustain module damage then we can exclude that from our calculations as it is even for both tanks. (I realize that some people will argue that the chance of module damage is higher in one vehicle over the other, but we do not have any solid evidence or numbers from the devs to support that so we must negate those as being the same for both tanks.)

To kill a T-44 with the Panther will take a minimum of 4 shots, a maximum of 7 shots, and an average of 5 shots.

To kill a Panther with a T-44 will take a minimum of 5 shots, a maximum of 9 shots, and an average of 6 shots.

These numbers show a significant survivability bonus for the Panther if we assume all other conditions being equal. On the battlefield they are NEVER equal or static, but it does give you an idea that the Panther and T-44 are actually fairly well matched and counter-balance each other.

Noskill_McCheese #47 Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:30 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I own a T-44 and it's my most played tank by a small margin. Sure I have some great games where the enemy team is dumb or just bad and I make off like a bandit with 5-6 kills. This probably looks overpowered when it happens and people say stuff in chat like "stupid op t44".

A lot more often I get destroyed with 0-1 kills because a T-44, using it's mobility, is a lot more visible to that enemy team camping bushes and hailing down auto aim shots which DO connect as you maneuver around, at some point you will have near 0 radial velocity to one of them. You can't really have a ~goodfight~~~ in this game, I'm always getting shot up by multiple people when I'm trying to dogfight someone and the thing often dies in 1-3 hits from teir 8-10 vehicles.

The tracks are made of paper and get blown off if some arty farts in your general direction then it's swiftly followed up with death by some super pro TD camping in a bush plugging auto aim skill shots into the turret. The ammo rack is very volitile, I run it with the wet ammo rack but it still gets damaged then the 100mm takes literally 30 seconds to reload. Just grind one out and play it a while then get back to me on how "overpowered" it is.

Joker_of_the_Clan #48 Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36653 battles

View PostSmokey_McDope, on 25 September 2010 - 12:30 AM, said:

I own a T-44 and it's my most played tank by a small margin. Sure I have some great games where the enemy team is dumb or just bad and I make off like a bandit with 5-6 kills. This probably looks overpowered when it happens and people say stuff in chat like "stupid op t44".

A lot more often I get destroyed with 0-1 kills because a T-44, using it's mobility, is a lot more visible to that enemy team camping bushes and hailing down auto aim shots which DO connect as you maneuver around, at some point you will have near 0 radial velocity to one of them. You can't really have a ~goodfight~~~ in this game, I'm always getting shot up by multiple people when I'm trying to dogfight someone and the thing often dies in 1-3 hits from teir 8-10 vehicles.

The tracks are made of paper and get blown off if some arty farts in your general direction then it's swiftly followed up with death by some super pro TD camping in a bush plugging auto aim skill shots into the turret. The ammo rack is very volitile, I run it with the wet ammo rack but it still gets damaged then the 100mm takes literally 30 seconds to reload. Just grind one out and play it a while then get back to me on how "overpowered" it is.

totally agree !

before i read this topic i just made one about ammo rack in t44 :D this topic is funny.

Sykotic #49 Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostSmokey_McDope, on 25 September 2010 - 12:30 AM, said:

I don't find it THAT bad. I have a fairly good win percentage (68% I think) in the T-44. I typically either have a really bad or a really good battle. There are very few average battles for me. Once battle I may lose 6k in credits and get no kills. Next match I get the right map/team composition and walk away with 5 kills and 20k+ in profit. For me the T-44 is an all or nothing kind of tank.

enu_ #50 Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:29 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 22823 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
i love my T44 :)

Noskill_McCheese #51 Posted 26 September 2010 - 02:50 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Don't get me wrong I have a lot of fun with it. I just hate camping and am usually always the first thing out there that enemies get to shoot at.

*edit* once the clans are established and you can fight with people with an actual strategy instead of a bunch of random fucksticks we'll truly see how powerful it is.

Joker_of_the_Clan #52 Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:00 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36653 battles
i tell u how powerfull it is atm.. even hetzer can rape ya easy.
this is just wrong way boost low tier tanks and nerf higher ones..

Zarrin #53 Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:54 AM

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
My self I think it is fine how it is.  1 on 1 it can kill the low end heavy's with ease.  As it should be able to.  as it is the top end medium tank made for that role get in fast strike hard run.   where heavy's are support for the most part for the fighting mediums they are the one's that are superpose to sit back and hit from range not run to the front of a battle like a want tobe a20.  What I think is the main problem for most people is they use the auto I win skill and think it should let them 1 shot every thing where as most good driver's who can make a tank shine use the manual aim.  I have seen t44 that are great to laugh at.  I have also seen t-44's own team almost single handily.  I think it comes down to skill of the people that are shooting at it more often then one tank being op or up.

conductiv #54 Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:19 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 34565 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO
personally I fear T-44 for 2 main reasons,

1 its gun, the 100mm has 175mm penetration its hard to cause that armor penetration to bounce. it can penetrate any tank from the front up to tier 8.
2. its agility, its fast and has massive acceleration. it can quickly change direction and it doesn't seem to bleed too much speed. this way it becomes hard to hit, and harder to keep "vunerable" modules safe.

T-44 isn't tough or heavely armored (save turret), so I'll trap or track it any chance I get but that's easier said then done.

today I had a battle with several T-44, one I managed to track and blow up..the other one I had to chase around (in a king tiger) when he crashed into its dead allies corpse I pinned him there (his front against his ally..my front against his behind) but he managed to knock off 800 hp or so and avoid 3 shells before I managed to pin him..

SkttLes #55 Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postconductiv, on 06 November 2010 - 02:19 AM, said:

...but he managed to knock off 800 hp or so and avoid 3 shells before I managed to pin him..
So you feel the t-44 is OP because you missed 3 shots on him, and he was able to take off 800 health? man, imagine if you missed 4 shots! He'd of been able to take off more than half your health! That shouldn't be possible, I mean, it's not like your tanks are in the same tier or anything.

The T-44 is fine. Any heavy tank, not including the KV or char of course, can kill it if it just destroys the tracks.

The biggest problem with the T-44 is that all the guns are so low velocity in this game, you have to aim ahead of the t-44 to hit it even when it's right up against you, circling. That, and the warping tanks thing at long range, means that most people have a lot of trouble just hitting it. When they do land a hit, Most tier 7s and higher can kill it in 3-5 shots.

Remowilliams #56 Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:51 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I have a VK3002(DB) and T44 which have similar playing styles.  The DB has a higher survivability especially when getting hit by high penetration guns.  Also, the DB is the only tank I played which can actively dogfight with the T44 with good success but so much relies on luck.  I have had battles fighting against and with a T44 where the first hit results in a detrack but other times multiple hits do nothing.  Some battles I hit them many times in the same place as usual and can not get one hit but then the next fight it rips them apart.

Furthermore, Panther players who continually complain about the T44s being overpowered are usually the ones dumb enough to get into a turning battle.  I have met a number of Panther commanders who know how to exploit their advantages and dictate the battle.

Plisky #57 Posted 06 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 15767 battles
Never had a problem dealing with T-44's in large groups their a problem but a good critical to the ammo rack in rear of their turret and their a simple 1 shot or 2 shot kill

adamhun #58 Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:19 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 6641 battles
I voted yes and I have(had) a VK3002(DB) and a panther too (don't played much with it, though... selled it accidentally). I think it's OP because it's turret rotates far faster that the panther's, and too much bounces. And 1 WTF moment: 1 shotted a T-44 from 100% with my VK(DB)  :Smile-playing:

Marauderk #59 Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:47 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I like my T44 it has great speed and good armor and i enjoy the play style, but that being said i have not played it much lately as i have seemed to run into being one shotted most games by smaller tanks having either a ammo blow up or fire that burns me to the ground.  Hell i kill them allot hitting the side or rear of there turrets and blowing them up.  

Now when i do have a good match the thing kicks ass and i make some good kills but without premium account it just cost to much to play.

czer1337 #60 Posted 07 November 2010 - 09:47 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postsharpeh, on 23 September 2010 - 08:37 AM, said:

View Postdarzok, on 23 September 2010 - 08:33 AM, said:

There fine once you guys learn how to aim the big bad T-44 just become's a pain in arse but still easy to beat.

I do not own a T-44 but i have killed tons and tons and tons there not hard to kill.

Actually....they are about the same difficulty to kill as a panther (not counting sloped armor) but twice as agile. It's a little messed up.

A tank that agile shouldn't require 6 (GOOD) shots as a minimum. It's bad enough the Leo takes 2 (GOOD) shots to kill.
thats kind of a weird comparison... a t4 tank thats made to be a scout and a t7 med thats made to be a dogfighter?

also leos arent really made to dominate theyr the best tanks only like what... 1/10 battles? but i gotta say those battles are usually most fun ones..leos should be on top of lists more often :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users