the T44 your opinion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
169 replies to this topic

Poll: T44 OP ? (461 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Is the T44 OP ?

1. Yes in general (71 votes [15.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.64%

2. Yes in gorups they are a BIG winning factor (85 votes [18.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.72%

3. No (239 votes [52.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.64%

4. Yes and NO, they are balanced with the Panther but not the lower tiers in comparison with the panther (59 votes [13.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.00%

Vote Hide poll

random51 #81 Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:31 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
After playing a few rounds today in t-44 it feels slower and the sloped armor hasn't bounced a single shot yet.

yifanwang99 #82 Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
After the warping fix, I found that the T44 has become a little more vulnerable. I was not able to play as aggressively as I used to do. So I play more of a support a heavy tank/TD role and does less deep penetration. Still, its a very enjoyable tank in that role but I feel I'm playing much more like a heavy tank.

Shoggoth #83 Posted 16 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Played my first few matches in my T44 since the patch, and I have to say its near useless now. It accelerates slower than several larger tanks(once it gets to 30kph it slows to about 2kph/second) and its armor is still unable to bounce against anything above a T6 tank. Adding in the loss of warping its now easy to snipe its tracks with just about anything. When are they going to stop nerfing the skill tanks because the majority out there can't play? Don't pander to the greatest common denominators, you will only encourage them!

Lupusceleri #84 Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8307 battles

View PostCrimsonShoggoth, on 16 November 2010 - 04:14 PM, said:

Played my first few matches in my T44 since the patch, and I have to say its near useless now. It accelerates slower than several larger tanks(once it gets to 30kph it slows to about 2kph/second) and its armor is still unable to bounce against anything above a T6 tank. Adding in the loss of warping its now easy to snipe its tracks with just about anything. When are they going to stop nerfing the skill tanks because the majority out there can't play? Don't pander to the greatest common denominators, you will only encourage them!
Agreed..

With the warping fix its FAR too easy to snipe down scouts and mediums. No more effective T-44'ing. :(

Metacannibal #85 Posted 17 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 7721 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

View PostEgoBruiser, on 23 September 2010 - 11:40 PM, said:

Numbers don't lie boys.

There are far fewer panthers then t-44's now. If your saying anything contrary to that, your full of sh^^T

Seriously, you have ZERO fights in a T44 hence i assume ypou dont have one, you have 14! fights in a Panther with an avg score of 419 and 38% Victory rate, NUMBERS DONT LIE BOYS.
You shouldnt be posting here about the T44 as if you had any clue or personal experience on top tier mediums. Fact is you dont. Numbers dont lie boys.

So i will refer to the last sentence of above quotation [insert].

random51 #86 Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:09 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Can't play the t-44 close anymore and after Overlord's bombshell about long range exp being less than close range there isn't any point in mounting the 122mm and playing a sniper build.

Shelving this tank for now. Kind of annoying seeing as how I got it the week before the patch.

Lupusceleri #87 Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8307 battles

View Postrandom51, on 17 November 2010 - 04:09 PM, said:

Can't play the t-44 close anymore and after Overlord's bombshell about long range exp being less than close range there isn't any point in mounting the 122mm and playing a sniper build.

Shelving this tank for now. Kind of annoying seeing as how I got it the week before the patch.
Also, did they nerf the engine YET AGAIN?

I feel like a bloody snail on Sand River. Impossible to keep driving at a decent speed even if you avoid the hills.

Overlord #88 Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:24 PM

Commander

• Military Reserve
  • 3859 battles

View Postrandom51, on 17 November 2010 - 04:09 PM, said:

T-44's and Panther's performance dropped after the update. Some changes are possible.

Shoggoth #89 Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:33 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
So once again skill tanks get nerfed for the masses. Do people realize that these are Tier 8 tanks? the KT and IS3 do just fine and no one complains about them, yet the T44 and Panther get so much hate because they are more fragile fast movers? Whet the heck. This is getting to be a joke with them now considering the T44 is starting to lose out to VK's. I wonder if I should even bother rebuying a Panther now.

Asky_ #90 Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostCrimsonShoggoth, on 17 November 2010 - 10:33 PM, said:

So once again skill tanks get nerfed for the masses. Do people realize that these are Tier 8 tanks? the KT and IS3 do just fine and no one complains about them, yet the T44 and Panther get so much hate because they are more fragile fast movers? Whet the heck. This is getting to be a joke with them now considering the T44 is starting to lose out to VK's. I wonder if I should even bother rebuying a Panther now.

At least with the Panther u can snipe. THe guns have enough pen, but the t-44 which his only advantage was the agility...

random51 #91 Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:13 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
What I've noticed is that after the patch I can hit a t-44 at pretty much any range and I seem to get even fewer bounces. It was the low probability of hitting them that gave them their survivability in the first place, allowing the aggressive playstyle.

In a 1v1 with T1 Heavy vs. T-44 that was initiated at less than 100m neither of us missed and the T-44 limped away at 55%HP after killing me. I simply never missed and only had one bounce. He might have missed once.

Lupusceleri #92 Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8307 battles

View Postrandom51, on 18 November 2010 - 01:13 AM, said:

What I've noticed is that after the patch I can hit a t-44 at pretty much any range and I seem to get even fewer bounces. It was the low probability of hitting them that gave them their survivability in the first place, allowing the aggressive playstyle.

In a 1v1 with T1 Heavy vs. T-44 that was initiated at less than 100m neither of us missed and the T-44 limped away at 55%HP after killing me. I simply never missed and only had one bounce. He might have missed once.
Heh. If a low tier American tank can penetrate it you know it's bad. <_<

But yes I feel the warping fixes and lag fixes the last patch brought in (while friggin awesome) made it too easy to hit a T-44 ... which results in tracked. Which results in getting ****ed up by heavy duty guns. Can't say I'm afraid of T-44s anymore in any of my heavies (IS-4, Tiger) or TDs (ISU-152). :(

On the bright side, good to see the drop in performance is being acknowledged and the devs are working to fix it.

Might I suggest making the tracks more durable, so you need at least a tier 8 gun or something like that to one-shot-track the T-44? Another good fix would be unnerfing the engine, so that you can actually turn again or go slightly uphill without instantly losing several km/h speed. Helps with acceleration after getting your tracks fixed too. Because, as most of us here may know: losing speed is one of the deadliest problems for a T-44.

If you really want to get rid of the T-44's agility after all (and that would make me a sad panda), buffing up the 122mm cannon - in particular the penetration and to some degree accuracy - might make it a decent sniper.

Valeriadrina #93 Posted 18 November 2010 - 06:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12826 battles
Medium and light tanks need more edge on mobility in general and light scout tanks need to have much better viewing/spotting ability, currently besides arty rushing you are better off in tier 7 heavy (IS/Tiger/T29) and will most likely contribute more to your team in those tanks.

FootballFan #94 Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 23485 battles
I bought t44 after the last patch, before it I played t43 and my average exp was nearly 700 including few days without premium. In t44 my average exp at the moment isnt even 600 and I dont think i can rise it much more. Dont know whats wrong but playing before the patch in t43 was pure pleasure and really rewarding, in t44 which should be better tank it is just strangely hard :( You really think its because warp fix ? What is your opinions about battle ballance for t44s ? I think it gets thrown often in really tough ones, most of the times when i`m on top of my team tank list my oponents are IS3s and KTs or even higher. You think thats fair ? I know for example is3 and kt are the same tier as t44 but in real fight i see my t44 on lost cause most of the times :(

TempSGK #95 Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 9072 battles
It would be cool if I could see more Panthers and T44s on the battlefield, nowadays I only see a few " mediums" I guess people just realise heavies will be always better.

dumbkauf #96 Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:11 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
As many have stated, after the recent patch, any tanks that rely on mobility have basically been nerfed significantly.  Panther vs T-44, to look at one comparision, pre-patch T-44 had a great chance to kill it 7 outta 10 times (mind ya, really damaged), now I would venture to say that the panther has reversed that comparision.  Mobilty is a thing of the past as an option to rush in to attack, now it is more of a A to B option to get u to a location to snipe/shoot.  Thus, now the T-44 is no longer the tank that intiates, but a support role tank for hte most part.  It shines in the roll of coming into a brawling sistuation that is on, back-up or support to casue chaos or another gun in an advancement roll of Hvy's.

conductiv #97 Posted 20 November 2010 - 02:39 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 34565 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View PostFootballFan, on 19 November 2010 - 09:55 PM, said:

I bought t44 after the last patch, before it I played t43 and my average exp was nearly 700 including few days without premium. In t44 my average exp at the moment isnt even 600 and I dont think i can rise it much more. Dont know whats wrong but playing before the patch in t43 was pure pleasure and really rewarding, in t44 which should be better tank it is just strangely hard :( You really think its because warp fix ? What is your opinions about battle ballance for t44s ? I think it gets thrown often in really tough ones, most of the times when i`m on top of my team tank list my oponents are IS3s and KTs or even higher. You think thats fair ? I know for example is3 and kt are the same tier as t44 but in real fight i see my t44 on lost cause most of the times :(

as a KT driver and a player that loves playing medium tanks. I think I know what you're implying.

personally I always felt the medium role is a support role, so I try to dodge gunfights with other tanks by hopping from cover to cover in a medium, using this strategy you can get into the sides or back of a heavy, pop a few shots in his ass and as soon as he turns for you you duck away behind cover. works very well with tanks already engaged in a firefight. I avoid slugging matches and attempt tag teaming, sniping and backreaping. targetting the weakest tanks first.

as a heavy tank driver I slowly roll over the battlefield and rely on my rather thick front armor and range to bounce hits. only using cover to block arty, bigger tanks and massed enemy tanks. so I fight by angeling my front towards the enemy and then slug it out (have them bounce on me while I pound them into the ground)this strategy works well if the opponent attacks from 1 side and preferably from 1 angle. a T5 or higher medium would rip the paltry 80mm side armor to shreds. any heavy but the IS-4 (remarkably strong all round armor) has a weakness expliotable by lower tier mediums. (especially the VK45 T9 german, its weak 100mm side armor in combination with its weird desighn makes it easy to flank, or track with its gun stuck behind a building)

I think thinking in a 1v1 mentality with a medium will set you up for a big disapiontment compared to heavies, mediums have less staying power compared to heavies. but they have a roughly equal dps and way better manouverability

Pahech #98 Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Had a win rate of 60% prior to the patch.  I currently have a win rate of 53%.  The fact that it's so much easier to hit and track T-44s now meant that ironically fast movers are really crappy in open field battles.  I got tracked 3 times in a row on the first shot.

I don't know, but I noticed bouncing dropped a whole lot too.  Even tier 6 VKs are regularly penetrating.

conductiv #99 Posted 21 November 2010 - 02:16 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 34565 battles
  • [FIFO] FIFO

View PostPahech, on 20 November 2010 - 11:39 AM, said:

Had a win rate of 60% prior to the patch.  I currently have a win rate of 53%.  The fact that it's so much easier to hit and track T-44s now meant that ironically fast movers are really crappy in open field battles.  I got tracked 3 times in a row on the first shot.

I don't know, but I noticed bouncing dropped a whole lot too.  Even tier 6 VKs are regularly penetrating.

I penetrated T-44 before and after the pach with all my VK's, even the T5 pzrIV can penetrate T-44's paper armor and damage the ammo rack.

before the patch the isseu was hitting, and the T-44's large hitpiont total (being a T8).Now I hit T-44 more..... I deal more damage in less time...dogfighting T-44 goes down a lot quicker.

it is still a good tank tho, I hope to get one after release because I like mediums. but I don't expect some fast running unhittable "bounces all shells" medium.

panzerd #100 Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:49 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostHayt, on 19 November 2010 - 05:29 PM, said:

Not sure what all they nerfed on the 44 ... but I can tell you what it feels like ... 0 acceleration and almost no deflection... I pretty much get 1 or 2 shotted by anything ...Look I get that originally the 44 was a bit overpowered ... but now it's so underpowered that the T43 is actually better.. for a tier 8 tank it's pretty pathetic

I've just bought my t44 and I'm unimpressed after 20 or so battles.  I can't recall a single shot bouncing, and even panzer IVs are taking bites out of it easily.  I honestly think the t43 is a much better tank...and the t43 fails to shine at anything IMHO - unlike the VK3002(DB).

I had an elite Panther but prefer a melee style of play (less sniping) so did the hard yards to level up a t44...  Now I have a T8 tank that I'm driving like a scout straight into the enemy base at the start of battles because I can't find any way to make it effective at combat.  Really disappointed with it so far.

Still waiting for my first bounce, grrr :|

EDIT:  now I know why t44s are becoming rare in battles....attacked a VK3001(H) in sand river and had two shots to side armor not penetrate, while he had zero bounces and did damage with every shot...I limped away on about 30% health from a 1 0n 1 with a tank 2 tiers below mine.  the fight before that I was taken down by an m5 stuart and a t43 - the m5 was able to do good damage on me while I was circling the t43 (which survived with 40%+ health).  I've been in over 4500 battles, in alot of different tanks, and the t44 (vanilla) is one of the worst I've come across (worst was vanilla VK3001(P)).  I'm a sad panda till this tank gets a deflection, and acceleration buff.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users