Chaffee - ridiculously low credit gain

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

Consilium #1 Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:44 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
The tank is fun, im really enjoying driving it, im not concerned that much by the credits cause i have a T34, but it just pisses me off that I always loose money on that tank. Even on a epic win where i got over 1600xp ( non premium account ) ive lost money.

Fedajkin1989 #2 Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Chaffe is an end of the line vehicle, and as such it is balanced so that it doesn't make credits same as tier 9 meds and TDs, tier 10 heavies or tier 8 arty. You wouldn't expect to make credits on any of those without premium.

Consilium #3 Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostFedajkin1989, on 01 May 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Chaffe is an end of the line vehicle, and as such it is balanced so that it doesn't make credits same as tier 9 meds and TDs, tier 10 heavies or tier 8 arty. You wouldn't expect to make credits on any of those without premium.

This would make sense if french didnt have tier VI and VII lights.

del500780009 #4 Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
The main reason it makes little credits, is because it get matched too often in low tiered games. I've read/heard that it gets put in high tiered battles, but that is partly a myth IMHO. Way too often I am one of the top 5 tanks in the battle. :(

del500780009 #5 Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostConsilium, on 01 May 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

Even on a epic win where i got over 1600xp ( non premium account ) ive lost money.

I'd like to see that. You should probably try to avoid a hit ratio of 20% (or whatever you had in that battle) not to lose money. Don't waste ammo in your scout - it's expensive. With 1600exp you should get a healthy profit under normal circumstances.

Dronier #6 Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Rusty >>> Your kidding right ? A MYTH !!?? YOUR JOKING YES?? please say your trolling please please please

I would give my months wage to be in the top.. when ever I go in my chaffee its always against teir 9 and 10's

Obviously theres the odd 5 here and there but usually KVs and or other end of line lights

End of line lights deserve a much better mm value then we have been given as has rightly been said now theres teir 6 and 7 lights for the french

Agreed the chaffee is nothing to be ignored and most certainly do not underestimate it especialy if you have a driver that knows just how to use it .. but we have weak armour for one thing..

hmm a rebalnced mm for us is needed PLEASE DEVS

del500780009 #7 Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostDronier, on 01 May 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Rusty >>> Your kidding right ? A MYTH !!?? YOUR JOKING YES?? please say your trolling please please please

I would give my months wage to be in the top.. when ever I go in my chaffee its always against teir 9 and 10's

Why? You gain more credits/exp from scouting and lighting up tanks than from killing low tiered tanks. Meeting tier 9s and 10s, lighting them up, and then see them being killed by your teammates' guns is what makes you a profit.

edit: Are you saying that you haven't noticed? If you play this tank right, you would gain more exp/credits from an "average" high tiered battle than from your average low tiered battle. You don't get loads of credits from running around killing Shermans and PzKpfw 38 nAs.

Fedajkin1989 #8 Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostConsilium, on 01 May 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

The french lights are part of the french medium tree, you can research a new vehicle on each of them. Chaffe is END OF LINE: there is no tier 6 tank to be researched on it. As such it gets the same treatment as all other end of line tanks that I mentioned. You wouldn't expect to make any profit on a tier 8 arty without premium even on a decent round, even though it is possible on a tier 8 heavy or medium.

theghostcat #9 Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Actually the chaffee has a decent credit gain.

That's why WG was going to nerf it in 7.2.  Its not amazing credit gain, but solid.  However - the down side of this is the match up. The gun is amazing for a tier 5. I've only been top tank once. And it was a slaughter for the other team, but that was pre-french.

The problem now if the french do the chaffee's job better & the pay better & the effectively get better match ups.

The chaffee's HP pool is too low to really change tier 8+ battles, and maybe I'm not using this tank right, but I feel w/l on this tank is more team dependent than when I drive the t-50-2.

The chaffee is a bush scout - not an aggressive scout, its also a great 'clean up' tank. The problem is though - if you team is incompetent you can't fight off the tanks that you are weight against.

All that being said, credit gain is driven by primarily by damage, and the chaffee can deal out the damage, so the credit gain it player dependent.

jabster #10 Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Posttheghostcat, on 01 May 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Actually the chaffee has a decent credit gain.

That's why WG was going to nerf it in 7.2.  Its not amazing credit gain, but solid.  However - the down side of this is the match up. The gun is amazing for a tier 5. I've only been top tank once. And it was a slaughter for the other team, but that was pre-french.

The problem now if the french do the chaffee's job better & the pay better & the effectively get better match ups.

The chaffee's HP pool is too low to really change tier 8+ battles, and maybe I'm not using this tank right, but I feel w/l on this tank is more team dependent than when I drive the t-50-2.

The chaffee is a bush scout - not an aggressive scout, its also a great 'clean up' tank. The problem is though - if you team is incompetent you can't fight off the tanks that you are weight against.

All that being said, credit gain is driven by primarily by damage, and the chaffee can deal out the damage, so the credit gain it player dependent.

Since the French lights arrived the Chaffee's position in the game has been diminished. The three tier V lights all had advantages and the Chaffee's was its good gun. The T-50-2 still has a purpose as its mobility is better than a French light but why play a Chaffee now expect for fun? - which could sort of answer my own question!

For team play of a T-50-2 vs. Chaffee, I always found it the other way around. You can spot tanks for ever and a day in a T-50-2 but if no one shots them it doesn't help. At least the Chaffee has that gun.

jabster #11 Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostRustyGalloway, on 01 May 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

Why? You gain more credits/exp from scouting and lighting up tanks than from killing low tiered tanks. Meeting tier 9s and 10s, lighting them up, and then see them being killed by your teammates' guns is what makes you a profit.

edit: Are you saying that you haven't noticed? If you play this tank right, you would gain more exp/credits from an "average" high tiered battle than from your average low tiered battle. You don't get loads of credits from running around killing Shermans and PzKpfw 38 nAs.

Or as the Chaffee is capable of doing spotting tanks and damaging tanks. It's amazing how quickly that gun can fire.

Waagabondh #12 Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostConsilium, on 01 May 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

I agree on this.

Its not the actual credit gain thats bad, its the cost to repair a tier V veichle.
It is similar price as to repair a tier 7 or 8 tank.

And with the French having tier 7 light tanks, I believe the cost of repair for the chaffee and honestly, also general credit gain, should be lower respectively raised.

Its a great tank.

I love my Patton and T110 but just bought my chaffee, learning to ride this and so far its very enjoyable.
Only one top gun so far and no serious xp gain with it, but I tend to play my best in high tier games then play bad in low tier games. Not sure why.

Win rate have dropped dramatically from over 70% to now just above 60%, but been unlucky with it recently.

Lovely tank but would be nice if it could make some credit profit, not much, but some.

azakow #13 Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

The tank is fun, im really enjoying driving it, im not concerned that much by the credits cause i have a T34, but it just pisses me off that I always loose money on that tank. Even on a epic win where i got over 1600xp ( non premium account ) ive lost money.
Hmm, you must have had a bad day, to have 1600 XP and still loosing credits!

My days are better at least the last that I recorded.
The diagram shows profit over battles in blue and the daily avarage in red.
I calculate: credits earned - repair - ammo - consuables = profit
Posted Image

MoveZig #14 Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:13 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
It's definitely expensive to drive. Needs a repair cost reduction or cred increase because right now there's little incentive to grind to it and use it. Never mind that there's nothing higher to train crewmembers on it for.

JPKERR #15 Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
WG told us before Tier V that they will be expensive. And powerful. I know many peeps that can kill Tiger, or even better tank using Chaffee. Agile, fast and decent gun. Play incredibly good, or lose credits.

Consilium #16 Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Spoiler                     

I mean games like those: ( not epic but solid on non prem account )
Chaffee - 970 xp and 11860 credits earned - 9k repair + some change on ammo + 3k on consumable, of course loss
Pershing - 936xp and 28k eraned

Thats how bad the credit gain is on chaffee.

Edited by Consilium, 11 May 2012 - 10:08 AM.

Exocet6951 #17 Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Again, for all the people here who don't understand, it's not supposed to make a profit. It's an end-line vehicle, and for all of those who think the Chaffee is useless next to a French light, consider the fact that you fire as fast, without having to reload an entire revolver, while keeping great accuracy on the move.
Cherry on top of the cake: in a French light, you take the spot of a Tier7 or 8 medium or heavy tank. In a Chaffee, you don't. You are a small tank made for scouting, so people don't expect you to kill tanks like in a French light, so when you do kill a tier7 heavy all by yourself, you just helped out the team in a rather important way, rather than just having done what was expected of you.

Consilium #18 Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postazakow, on 03 May 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

Hmm, you must have had a bad day, to have 1600 XP and still loosing credits!

Its easy to check ur stats: 1269 xp prem - 846 xp non prem ( thats best ive seen on chaffee), credits earned: around 1.5 million, loss: -127k.

NxGhost #19 Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles

I totally agree with you. sometimes it costs 8000 credits to repair, but while UI earn about 3000.

NxGhost #20 Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
I think it should cost less to repair the M-24.