If UN invades north korea

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

Poll: If UN invades north korea (27 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

How much time will it take for the UN to defeat North Korea?

1. few days (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

2. about a week (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

3. few weeks (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. about a month (3 votes [11.11%])

5. few months (1 vote [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

6. about a year (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. few years (3 votes [11.11%])

8. same result as vietnam (13 votes [48.15%])

Percentage of vote: 48.15%

Vote Hide poll

KomissarBojanchev #1 Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6573 battles
Since North Korea is probably the last country on earth that has repressive dictatorship(and is massively hindering the economical and technological development and quality of living in the country) and is a significant threat to peace in neighboring countries I wouldn't be surprised is if the US initiates operation "korean freedom" to remove the last communist bastion from the face of the earth :rolleyes: . But would it be the same result as Iraq, a dragging nonconventional conflict like 'Nam or a stalemate as in the korean war? The latter is quite unlikely since north korea simply doesnt have enough recources or technological advantage to hold off the full might of NATO's military.  :Smile-hiding:

theta0123 #2 Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:57 PM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 5614 battles
  • [FHA] FHA
North korea issent the current biggest threat, Iran is

well according to the US and such. I dont really give a damn. To me they are all murderers(the goverments that is)

But i expect we see a conflict like vietnam in our lifetime

Roebuck34 #3 Posted 01 May 2012 - 09:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21658 battles
  • [SAT] SAT
biggest threat is china.. guees why all that people they can do and are useing the same god damn tactics as the russian did during WW2 beat the enemy by numbers...

keep them neg rep's coming i know there will be some here ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Catarraz #4 Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13013 battles

View Posttheta0123, on 01 May 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

North korea issent the current biggest threat, Iran is

well according to the US and such. I dont really give a damn. To me they are all murderers(the goverments that is)

But i expect we see a conflict like vietnam in our lifetime

Don't we have one or two already theta? It just happens to be again, mainly US business.
But I do agree, North korea may not be the biggest thread, they're unstable fools, who fortunately are surrounded by either super-powers and super-power's allies. Even China has admitted not agreeing and not helping north korea in case they decide going rampant on some visionary unification quest to try and conquer south korea, thus making the event of a north korean invasion unlikely, and with it, any reason at all for the UN or US to intervene. (I mean seriously, what would the UN or US gain in occupying north korea?)

Iran will be the same bullcrap as Iraq or Afghanistan, with international expeditionary forces bombing and storming the country, only to hold on to key positions with unclear objectives, as long as possible before the chaos is too intense for them to remain any longer.
Alas, even if "governments are murderers", some want to, for their own purposes, others really have no choice. It all obviously disgusts  common folk who know not of the pressures international leaders have to deal with. If we suddently had to deal with an autoritative leader like that of Iran, who threatens to deprive almost the whole world of it's precious "fuel", and is close to having the power to say "do as I say, or I'll nuke you", we'd all at some point would be forced to make the very same hard choice that would probably lead to a likely bloodbath, but would on the other hand avoid the modern society from collapsing.

As for China, for now, I think they can be somewhat seen as a "gentle giant", since they wouldn't gain anything in attacking the western world. Right now, we're more important to their economy alive rather than under their control.

The world is a complicated place, no doubt...

Jukelo #5 Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

Colonel

• Beta Tester
  • 26487 battles
Korea isn't a communist bastion.

Catarraz #6 Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 13013 battles

View PostJukelo, on 01 May 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

Korea isn't a communist bastion.

agreed. They're just mad men with too much power in their hands and without any clear motivation guiding them.

Warheart1992 #7 Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13901 battles
Probably it would be a standoff , or UN wouldnt think of attacking North Korea due to the simple fact that Seul , the capital of South Korea is in the range of many north Korean artillery batteries .If im not wrong , there are many batteries aimed at the capital

Therefore the UN would be at a dilemma of either having many civilian casualties or doing a sudden attack in order to neutralize the threat , with the danger of soldier casualties .

Though to be honest the situation on North Korea is terrible to be  . Now with the death of Kim Jong Il there are many who question his successors abilities to lead the country .

And just a little info on the problems that N. Korea faces :

at the 90s about 2.000.00 people where suffering from malnutrition and they had to rely on supplies from Red Cross . I dont think that there will be a need for an invasion . I believe the system will crush from the inside out.

Sadly I have read in a military magazine an article about this scenario (specifically about the nuclear tests in N.korea and if USA and UN would respond ) I will see if I can translate a bit of it since its on greek and maybe post it

Sotahullu #8 Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 15540 battles
Seriously thinking it is possible that N-Korea has some seriously taken military force and all by means it can conquer S-Korean.

And it gonna get nazi or something like for all by means.

Posted Image

jubeth90 #9 Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:28 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2761 battles
Fingerpori <3

But yeah. I voted same result as vietnam. We all know... We all know...

del501767825 #10 Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22095 battles

View PostRoebuck34, on 01 May 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

biggest threat is china.. guees why all that people they can do and are useing the same god damn tactics as the russian did during WW2 beat the enemy by numbers...

keep them neg rep's coming i know there will be some here ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

for me biggest threat = USA = money hungry rich and similar ...

USA are liberating peoples? sure...

they are liberating oil...

who give them right to force their way of thinking? their religions?

did IRAQI peoples invaded western countries?

i wonder how fast will be NATO and USA allies in liberating some poor no oil / strategic country...

there is one nice movie, Fahrenheit 9/11,  check other view of some stuffs...

Don't get me wrong, i like USA, allot of nice things come from them, but every medal have 2 faces... And don't always trust propaganda...
In end all is connected to recourses and money.
And innocent are those that suffer most. Dieing child's and womans, brothers sisters... Lost childhood...
I live in one war directly...
I live in time of others wars trough world, wars that are hitting me standard of living indirectly... OIL going sky high, food going sky high, water, gas, electricity prices...

And war newer changes...

So don't even think on war around IRAN or KOREA... Don't even think,  let alone say that out loud!

Cuz war never changes...

Edited by Tomyslav, 03 May 2012 - 03:13 PM.

haugeranville #11 Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 26569 battles
Topic closed as per the rules:

2.6 Politics, Major Religions or Religious Figures

Posting about social, religious, political, illegal or other controversial topics that may create offense. As well as negative portrayal of religious and political figures.

If a member is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:
• Be given a temporary ban from the World of Tanks forums, depending upon severity

Please avoid this kind of subject next time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users