Service Record.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

Moorglademover #1 Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 10541 battles
Which stats do you take more interest in, in your Service Record ?

I'm not one for relying too much on my 'Victories', to be honest. Mine is at 48% at the moment.
I could be in a crap team and still do very well exp-wise, and credit wise. As long as I keep my hit rate up.

Which brings me nicely to the ones I DO take mind of.
The ones for me, to tell whether i'm doing ok, are Hit Ratio, and Average Experience per Battle.

I'm building up my hit ratio by leaving out the arty i've got.

Hit Ratio 55%.
Average Exp p Battle, 444.

Any thoughts?  ..or just post your stats to give me a target to aim for.

2543jules #2 Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5458 battles
well, i always take a look at the mastery badges on players' tanks.
and i look at the amount of battles played, and the accuracy on each tank

oh and i always look what tanks players play much, and it is good to take a look at the battle achievements of that particular tank

i dont look at the average xp because i have a low average xp...  :rolleyes:

Edited by 2543jules, 06 May 2012 - 12:39 PM.

harpy_42 #3 Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 8332 battles
Victories: 52%, but i do not care since you cannot achieve victory alone, you need a team. And guess what you miss in a lot of games? A team.

Hit ratio: 53%. For me this one is more important that victory, since you control this. But i must say, just like OP: if you want this really high, do NOT play arty. Arty drains your hit ratio

Average exp per battle i do not care about, since if someone has premium, his will always be higher.

What i do care about is a stat wich you cannot see: play like a team. I always try it.

What is most important for me is the damage output. Especially when i am in an arty. I shoot at the target with the most hitpoints left to do as much damage as possible. But, it is rather difficult to compare damage to another player: if you have more higher tier tanks, you will do more damage in 1 game. For me, i like tier 5 games, so my damage output in 1 game will be lower compared to a tier 8 game.

Ding760 #4 Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 9369 battles
average exp is doesn't say it all. I myself like to play tier 2 tanks a lot, so much so that i have 1400 battles clocked onto my pz35t alone out of my total of 4000+ battles. This means my average exp is very low, so low in fact my average exp is lower than some very bad players.

Taking average exp into account is a poor way to see how good a guy is,especially taking into consideration the tier spectrum.

Just my 2 cents.

Edit: I should also point out for me...I compare the total amount of battles to the total number of tanks destroyed of a player. If the tank destroyed is 1000 above their total battles for every 5000 battles, it's a good indication the player can hold his own in combat.

Edited by Ding760, 06 May 2012 - 12:43 PM.

Cpt_Kawa #5 Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 29933 battles
Also from my POV hitratio is one of the most important stats to improve your gameplay. If you have a good hitratio you aim carefully, do most likely more damage, you don't waste reload time, you save silver (if it is important), you kill your targets faster and so on.

Hitting the target is actually one of the essences of any FPS, so you better care for that.

2nd I would say is the damage done in battle, which is kind of connected to the hitratio.

The rest like winrate and efficiency and so on are also important, but will rise as you hit your targets.

Hitratio here 75% overall (with quite some arty battles and 15k battles)

My main tanks got a hitratio ~80%+

And as this is a FPS after all K/d of course.

Edited by Cpt_Kawa, 06 May 2012 - 12:50 PM.

Private_Miros #6 Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 21481 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY
Average damage per tank.

Win ratio (I thought I was a playball of bad teams too --> 48% in January), then I changed my approach --> averaging 60% now according to WoTLogger, globally up to 52% in a few months with a lot battles behind the belt.)

X534 #7 Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 13830 battles
  • [BAC0N] BAC0N
as op said, i feel that hit ratio is important, mine may not be glamourous (50% although my most used tanks have a hit ratio of 60-70%) but it has been constantly on the rise and still is, cap defense and offense points can be used to see if the player is more offensive or defensive (not judging how good they are) i have compared a few players and it does usually represent how they play, k/d ratio is what some players go by but it isn't so reliable imo, then we come to average damage done per battle, i don't really like this one mainly because no matter how hard i try mine doesn't budge much, it has been on the rise but it will take me eons before it becomes decent

Edited by X534, 06 May 2012 - 12:54 PM.

EickhardtSr #8 Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 16752 battles

View Post2543jules, on 06 May 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

well, i always take a look at the mastery badges on players' tanks.
and i look at the amount of battles played, and the accuracy on each tank

oh and i always look what tanks players play much, and it is good to take a look at the battle achievements of that particular tank

i dont look at the average xp because i have a low average xp...  :rolleyes:
Mastery Badges are also based on victory... In a defeat you might get a III class, but if it had been a victory you might had been an Ace...

NoHeal4u #9 Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 10296 battles
Hit ratio? Youve got to be joking,so you wouldnt shoot half of the destroyable buildings in sand river(for example with stug) to kill/uncover important target hiding there because youre grinding hit ratio? Hit ratio comes with high tier heavies where 1 miss can lead your team to a certain defeat,and even then,non penetrating hit is worth same as a 180 degree miss.

Edit:Autoloaders in low tiers are fun,play 10 battles with 250 rpm gun and look your hr drops for few % global,completly irelevant stat,on the other hand imo its quite oposite with arty, good hit ratio+average damage on arty actually means player knows whats he doing.

Edited by NoHeal4u, 06 May 2012 - 01:23 PM.

T90_TANK #10 Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 23483 battles

View PostMoorglademover, on 06 May 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

I'm not one for relying too much on my 'Victories', to be honest. Mine is at 48% at the moment.
I could be in a crap team and still do very well exp-wise, and credit wise. As long as I keep my hit rate up.

The ones for me, to tell whether i'm doing ok, are Hit Ratio, and Average Experience per Battle.

I'm building up my hit ratio by leaving out the arty i've got.

Hit Ratio 55%.

Any thoughts?  ..or just post your stats to give me a target to aim for.
1. overall hit ratio depends on whether the player plays arty or not. if he does, then naturally he will have less. if the player plays light tanks and mediums then it won't be too high either, if the player camps all game not to miss a shot from td's then that statistic shows he is a good player where as he isn't really.
2. average xp per battle depends if you have a premium account because WG made it so that the fact that you have a premium does count towards. so, in a battle if u got 500 exp with a premium you would get 750 and how can you know which player would be best?
3. efficiency rating. will in i'd say maybe 7/10 cases tell you that a player is good or not. http://wot-news.com/...p/stat/calc/en/ this does have some flaws but overall is the one i would go for if u are trying to see whether the player is of any use. one flaw is that if you play in a strong clan and u only ever play in tank companies, your win ratio and survival rate and so on will be much higher when actually you are no better. Another flaw is that it depends on which tanks you play, an excellent example is the usa t2 light tank. it is a tier 2 and u mostly play against tier 2 where u penetrate all of them + it has immence speed and quick-firing gun with 15 rounds in a drum. because it is a scout with a versatile gun, it in itself is versatile. also, because it is so fast it can flank enemies really easily and even cap a base all by itself. with this tank u can get your stats up really easily, your amount detected in a battle will be immence, your kill ratio good, your cap will be great and your defence will be great since u are never late to take the cap off (unless your driver is dead and your engine is damaged, unlucky). there is a guy i know of that does this, when people look at his stats they think he really is professional whereas he is actually totally noob.
4. there is another thing, its called wot dossier. http://wot-dossier.appspot.com/ . this can show u all kinds of statistics of a player. the problem with this is that the player has to load his stats to the site and then give u the link. this can be useful however when applying to a clan. the site shows a lot of things but in my interest are the efficiency ratings on particular tanks. the reason is that while you were new to the game u were noob. we all were and some of us still are. those stats stay with you and are the only thing dragging you down, which is why u have to learn to play to get them up but it takes a long time. The site anyway, shows individual tanks so tanks you have played lately, not all of the stats including tanks u played when u started.
5. the last way to check if a player is good is this site: http://armory.wotbase.de/?s=playerlist . this site shows the player's stats from beginning to the end, i do not know  by which time it starts, i think it might start recording the first time u visit the site, thats when i think the graphs start. This can be usefull to see if the player is learning how to play, are his stats going up or are they going super slow and the guy doesn't get it or isn't lucky.

thanks for reading, i apologise for any mistakes made. thank you

Homer_J #11 Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17509 battles
  • [AXIOM] AXIOM

Hit Ratio 55%.

Any thoughts?

Improve those and your win rate will go up.

Hit rate of 55% is OK if you play about half your battles as arty or are still in tier 2.  Average exp of 444 isn't too bad if you don't have premium.

ScReWFaC3 #12 Posted 14 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6242 battles
  • [DEFR] DEFR
The most important stat for me would be damaged received since i see many teams fail because when someones gets hit they just sit there and expect not to die, reactions to map positions is also key but not a stat neither is teamplay, tbh i find this stupid because you can usually tell if someones a good players by his movements from when the timer hits 0, the thing that bugs me most about WoT stats atm is people who just join a game to sit afk for the whole game to get XP almost like the account is on a macro and the guy really doesnt care just wants to grind in his sleep

Edited by ScReWFaC3, 14 May 2012 - 06:11 PM.

Ectar #13 Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

English Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 6086 battles
  • [WG] WG
Not a stat as such, but If I'm playing the same tank for a good few matchs I take an interest in the Sharpshooter and Mastergunner achievements. They depend on the tank you're playing but when you want to raise them up you need to take your time and make your shots count.

Accuracy is my main I guess. I don't play arty and quite simply a missed shot does no damage.

Culprit #14 Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13630 battles
WoT Dossier tool (http://wot-dossier.appspot.com/) has a value that is not displayed in the profile on the WoT website. It's called "won and survived rounds". That's the main thing that matters to me and it has nothing to do with the main "W/R ratio".
The second one would be Average XP per battle, but this is somewhat skewed since i'm not buying premium time.

View PostEctar, on 14 May 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

Accuracy is my main I guess. I don't play arty and quite simply a missed shot does no damage.
Accuracy is irrelevant. You can choose where to point the gun, you can never choose where the shells actually go. Has nothing to do with your aiming skill.
And for about half a year or more, even shots that hit do no damage.

Uncle_sam2 #15 Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
What we in PTS/MUMMY have a look at before testing people to be recruits or not is this

We take these base values from the players dossierfiles

- Shells fired/battle
- Accuracy
- Average dmg/battle
- Total damage
- Scouted tanks
- Damage taken/game
- Average tank lvl of gameplay
- Cap and defence points/battle

Then we calcuate how many percent of your shells that you fire each match actually do damage with a marginal = to Wot that is -+25%

and then we take this along with the bigger picture witch is what average tank lvl you play.

and cross reference it to standing statistics for

- Scouting vs dmg taken
- (Total damage/(Shells fired x Hit accuracy[In o.%])) = damage/shell
- Defence vs Cap points.

And this is for granting you testing or not

Its not perfect but it gives a hell of a lot of picture about a player then the current availible statistics.

Homer_J #16 Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17509 battles
  • [AXIOM] AXIOM

After 7000 battles you cannot blame bad teams for your win rate.  Especially with over 400 in a Pz38H735.

Like I said before, your hit rate, even taking into account your arty, is poor, your average exp is OK only if you don't have premium, your ER puts you in the good player category but I suspect having a high number of battles in the Obj704 has upped your average damage, and those battles in the 38H735 have dropped your average tier.  I suspect if you remove either of those then your ER will match your win rate.

bitter_fremlin #17 Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 28234 battles
  • [HEFI] HEFI

The most important, IMO, provided you have enough battles for the stat to be meaningful. Winning is, after all, the primary goal of every battle...

More than that, it also puts all the other stats into perspective. A scout with 6 detects per battle but a 45% WR is not a good scout, for example -- he isn't an asset to his team. But even win rate can be gamed with things like platooning or farming low-tier battles in pimped out, well-crewed tanks <cough>bitter_fremlin</cough> so it should be looked at in conjunction with the other information available.

Who's doing better -- the player who uselessly slams 4 out of 4 shots into the enemy heavy's invulnerable front glacis or the one who puts 2 out of 4 into the commander's cupola but actually does some damage? Who's doing better -- the guy with 600 AvXP with 90% of his games at tier VIII or higher or the one with 500 AvXP who has only just reached tier VII (and that's before we consider Premium accounts).

What you should be looking for is improvements in your stats, rather than any absolute value. Your AvXP will increase as you get better with your current tanks and as you go up the tiers (while making allowances for new stock tanks and so on). Your DpB will likewise increase, but other things are more tricky -- average cap points will decrease because higher tier teams are (or should be!) more tactically aware, your average defense points will increase as the same happens to you.

Look for discrepancies to see where you can improve your game play. Without wishing to pick on you particularly: you have 31% survival rate and just under 1 detect per battle, so you aren't rushing to the front. But you have quite a high average cap score and a low defense. The implication is that you are often playing second line but finding yourself too far forward at crunch time, able to move up and join the capping crew but unable to go back and defend. That would be reflected in your WR, which I think should be a couple of % higher given your other stats -- it's rare that your extra 10% cap wins a battle, but not defending can easily lose one. Work on your mini-map awareness  -- realising a bit earlier the need to go back and defend, and acting on that realisation, will turn quite a few battles in your favour.

For me it's a lack of involvement, especially with top-roster heavies. I dither, I don't commit fully, and that's shown by my low DpB, low shot count, low AvXP in those tanks. Part of that is indecision and a lack of confidence -- I'm still wondering what to do next when the reload cycle has already finished while others will have already gone round the corner, taken a shot, and retreated again -- while part is simply being piss-poor at video games. I'm working on the first, but the second I may just have to accept...

In short, don't obsess about individual stats. They're performance indicators, nothing more, and if you use them to find and correct the faults in your own play they'll improve as you do.