Military Parade....Is it appropriate?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

kappa123 #41 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12091 battles

View PostDex022, on 07 May 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

I am really fed up with this brainwash western political correctnes or whatever u wanna call it.If u dont like event log off and dont play.

this

View PostDarkjudge, on 07 May 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

Is was designed to scare us in the West into letting the Soviets do what they wanted, which was to conquer the world in a communist brotherhood.

Yes,i'm sure the evil Eastern bloc is trying to conquer the world.There is evidence in that all over the world.I mean just look at how many countryes the soviets had waged war on and invaded since WW2 compared to the western allyes,how many countryes rich in oil they had 'liberated' from their democratic regimes,how they are trying to encircle and isolate the western bloc,how they are trying to gain control over the major oil fields in the world - a resource that they have no right on.Not to mention the hypocrisy with wich they are showing up on tv talking about world peace while at the same time are killing people in some desert to satisfy their endless greed.

... but at the time it presented the world with a vision of an aggressive, arrogant, nuclear armed totalitarian regime at its worst.

And again,there is clear evidence in that. Like the A-bobms they threw on cities killing tens of thousands on civilians  because their insular enemy destroyed some of their battleships.Their agressive politics and the arrogance in being the 'world police' against poor countryes with valued resources that cannot defend themselvs.

OP,i think you should start paying more attention at what nations DO and less at what they SAY.Now go and pay your taxes so your country can 'liberate' some other defenseless third world country with oil.
Run run now,little freedom fighter.

Sorry if i got out of hand...had to say it.

Stuggy #42 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 9290 battles
I like tanks........

Kistenschieber #43 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10797 battles

View PostStuggy, on 07 May 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

I like tanks........

and I can not lie

You other brothers can't deny

CaptainMastiff #44 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 26947 battles
  • [B-TEC] B-TEC

View PostHomer_J, on 07 May 2012 - 05:42 AM, said:

Some people think too much.

Got to agree with Homer J

malcheus #45 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2819 battles

View Postkappa123, on 07 May 2012 - 01:07 PM, said:

this

Yes,i'm sure the evil Eastern bloc is trying to conquer the world.There is evidence in that all over the world.I mean just look at how many countryes the soviets had waged war on and invaded since WW2 compared to the western allyes,how many countryes rich in oil they had 'liberated' from their democratic regimes,how they are trying to encircle and isolate the western bloc,how they are trying to gain control over the major oil fields in the world - a resource that they have no right on.Not to mention the hypocrisy with wich they are showing up on tv talking about world peace while at the same time are killing people in some desert to satisfy their endless greed.

And again,there is clear evidence in that. Like the A-bobms they threw on cities killing tens of thousands on civilians  because their insular enemy destroyed some of their battleships.Their agressive politics and the arrogance in being the 'world police' against poor countryes with valued resources that cannot defend themselvs.

OP,i think you should start paying more attention at what nations DO and less at what they SAY.Now go and pay your taxes so your country can 'liberate' some other defenseless third world country with oil.
Run run now,little freedom fighter.

Sorry if i got out of hand...had to say it.

You are simplifieing things a bit too much.
The current united states are not the same nation that threw A-bombs, many things have changed.
The wars they fight now are the result of a very comlicated political and economical process, its nothing like the "man want oil, man atack desert" process you describe.

And before you start your "ad hominum"-arguments with me; I am Dutch, so I don't pay taxes to the US. The guy you quoted and ranted at is probably not an American either, since they have their own forums.

Cippalippus #46 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 34448 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS
In this day we celebrate the killing of many nazis, not communism. Because in 2012 like in 1945, a good nazist is a dead nazist.

deamy #47 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10731 battles
While it was ultimately a victory for the USSR, it was not for many of the "liberated" (enslaved) peoples that ended up "winning" (being conquered).

Personally I think it inappropriate to celebrate the beginning of the 45-year enslavement of Eastern Europe. Call it Remembrance day, not Victory parade. My grandfather got to "celebrate" his "liberation" with a 10-year sentence for hard labour in Siberia, hence my opinion.

And yes, WG is pro-Russian.

Popovic123 #48 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15022 battles
In my country it is called "Victory over Fascism Day".

I`m sorry they didn`t simply call it that way. Or "Victory Day" as it is called in Russia.

However, the WG staff thought that some Germans might get butthurt if they called it something like that, so they came up with this lame "Military Parade".

So, yeah, WG is WAAY more considerate then me.

Truth be told, they should be. Germans are one of their best costumers.

deamy #49 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10731 battles
On a lighter side, maybe this is just WG's ways of saying this new patch is the ultimate victory for overpowered Soviet tanks in game?

The US and French tanks are conveniently put on the side and behind where they belong, while the underpowered German tanks are so bad they don't even show up in the picture.

All hail post-7.3 Soviet tanks, our new (old) Overlords.

:P

Popovic123 #50 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15022 battles

View Postdeamy, on 07 May 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

While it was ultimately a victory for the USSR, it was not for many of the "liberated" (enslaved) peoples that ended up "winning" (being conquered).

Personally I think it inappropriate to celebrate the beginning of the 45-year enslavement of Eastern Europe. Call it Remembrance day, not Victory parade. My grandfather got to "celebrate" his "liberation" with a 10-year sentence for hard labour in Siberia, hence my opinion.

And yes, WG is pro-Russian.

Lay off the hate man. It will lead you nowhere.
If it was a defeat for you, you can go cry in your corner.
Or play a different game.

deamy #51 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10731 battles

View PostPopovic123, on 07 May 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

Lay off the hate man. It will lead you nowhere.
If it was a defeat for you, you can go cry in your corner.
Or play a different game.

Personal attacks and 2 neg reps won't hurt me fanboii. ;)

Kellomies #52 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15159 battles
At least the "new boss", unlike the "old boss", didn't have an official agenda of massive <profanity removed> genocide. And was mostly content to leave the locals to mind their own business under their own leaders inasmuch it didn't interfere with their strategic interests. (In which regard the "Free World" wasn't actually much better, BTW; ask the Iranians for one.)

Was the USSR, especially under Stalin, kinda shite? Undoubtedly. But it was orders of magnitude better than the Nazis, and whether it wanted or not it shouldered the most appalling burdens in taking them down.

Please don't use profanity in your posts.

---Orree

Edited by Orree, 07 May 2012 - 09:51 PM.

Kistenschieber #53 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10797 battles
"The winner takes it all" (Abba, 1980)

Seriously, if i would have lost 50 Million people during WW2 and would be one of the winning factions i would celebrate it every year, too.

sreel08 #54 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10886 battles
I see the point the op is trying to make and have to agree, though its kind of confusing noticing people only agree because they don't feel comfortable with the defeat of their glorious Reich. Still I hope WG will not release 7.3 on the 8th (european) or 9th (soviet) of May as a part of the soviet victory/german defeat.

noothgrush #55 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19354 battles

View PostCippalippus, on 07 May 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

In this day we celebrate the killing of many nazis, not communism. Because in 2012 like in 1945, a good nazist is a dead nazist.
Unless you live in Greece, where nazis get elected to parliament :facepalmic:

Nikola_Bathory #56 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Translator
  • 22208 battles
  • [HWBG] HWBG

A lot of people don't get the distinction as is seen in the weekly banning lists where people don't seem to understand why calling your clan 'SS Das Reich Division' or some such (I've picked a fairly neutral one, most are far worst) is not only grossly offensive, but in many cases illegal in a lot of European countries.

What's wrong with SS Das Reich?? It was an elite force, one to be feared by its enemies.
I'm really into all things Third Reich, so to say.

View Postnoothgrush, on 07 May 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

That's some good news.

Posts which basically glorify/promote Nazism and criminal organizations (such as the SS) aren't allowed on these forums and I'm pretty sure you're aware of that given your sanction history.

Per the rules:
Spoiler                     

3-day forum RO ban and referral to community management.

---Orree

Edited by Orree, 07 May 2012 - 10:33 PM.

sreel08 #57 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10886 battles

View Postnoothgrush, on 07 May 2012 - 01:40 PM, said:

In fact in nearly every todays parliament are Nazis :(

sreel08 #58 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10886 battles

View PostNikola_Bathory, on 07 May 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

What's wrong with SS Das Reich?? It was an elite force, one to be feared by its enemies.

The wrong thing about gloryfying them is they killed hundreds of civilians, and this not by accident. Oradour: 642 people killed (207 children and 254 women). Not sure how heroic that was. Or the massacre of Tulle, 97 dead civilians, 321 brought into concentration camps. Im with you that many SS units were Elite fighters who had many notable victories and I'm pretty sure they not all were monsters who ate little children and what else. But there is a difference in knowing all their good and bad deeds and gloryfying. A difference that needs to be made.

spin666 #59 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 13200 battles
  • [POP] POP
Question for OP:
Should all Americans(not just US,but the all ppl live in america) bann Columbus Day? "White" ppl celebrated "finding" of the "New World",which kill alot of original ppl that live in north and south america.
Should european(including russia ofc) change the starting year of WW2 to 1937, because Japan invade China back then?
Should UK also be force to celebrated US independence day? As it's good for US ppl to be came free, it must be good for all? So why shouldn't UK celebrate it too.

My point being we have different point of view about events. Your point of view is YOURs, you have no right to force it on others just like NO one eles can and should force it on you. Being "Free" should make this whole topic pointless. Without russians, west can't have win WW2 alone, nor Russian could have won WW2 without US or UK.
Also point to fact, in soviet time, russian fear american's invading as much as american fear the invading russians.

spin666 #60 Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 13200 battles
  • [POP] POP

View PostNikola_Bathory, on 07 May 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

If I remember the stats right, SS troop are more fanatic, but that also mean they victory also cost more(man and machines) then regular wehrmacht unit. They have more victorys  also because, Hitler has habit give his "personal" armys(SS) more update weaponry then regular wehrmacht unit. Like Tigers...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users