low gun depression= shitty tank?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

KomissarBojanchev #1 Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6573 battles
The low gun depression of russian tanks is a very serious and annoying limitation(at leats in WoT damn wish I hadnt started grinding the russian tanks first) but does it have the same influence to perfomance in real life? It looks like russian tank designers think a low profile tank gives better protection and makes theb tank  harder to hit at the expense of depression. But isnt this a failed concept because wesern tanks like the abrams have BOTH good gun depression and excellent armor? I'm also pretty sure that modern fire control systems on tanks can easily hit any tank sized object no matter how low  it is. Ive heard somewhere that a factor of  the superiority of israeli tanks in the arab-israeli conflicts was due to the low gun depression and elevation of the soviet tanks supplied to the syrians .

Anyway do the new T-90s inherit the same crappy gun depression from their predecessors?

JohnTunstaII #2 Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22019 battles

View PostKomissarBojanchev, on 09 May 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

The low gun depression of russian tanks is a very serious and annoying limitation(at leats in WoT damn wish I hadnt started grinding the russian tanks first) but does it have the same influence to perfomance in real life? It looks like russian tank designers think a low profile tank gives better protection and makes theb tank  harder to hit at the expense of depression. But isnt this a failed concept because wesern tanks like the abrams have BOTH good gun depression and excellent armor? I'm also pretty sure that modern fire control systems on tanks can easily hit any tank sized object no matter how low  it is. Ive heard somewhere that a factor of  the superiority of israeli tanks in the arab-israeli conflicts was due to the low gun depression and elevation of the soviet tanks supplied to the syrians .

Anyway do the new T-90s inherit the same crappy gun depression from their predecessors?

In real life tank combats were these close distance combats very rarely , and because it i think these huge depression for example on Us tanks are usefull mainly in game where are almost only close tank combats, in real tank combat which is  mainly on greater distance than 500 M you dont need depression like patton or etc ,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users