Which crew skills for the BatChat?

crew skills bat batchat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

KickstartMyTank #1 Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6397 battles
Yesterday i got my bat chat and wondering what crew skills are the best for it? The crew is from the lorraine so i have BiA 100% (drum reload is now 37,5 which is nice :)) but cant decide the secondary. Repair? Is it worth it for 3 crewmembers? If not what else? Recon/Smooth Drive/Snapshot might be a good alternative.

Valerius #2 Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 29266 battles
  • [SD_DK] SD_DK
not sure if they have fixed BIA, if they did you've pretty much wasted the first skills (if you like being aggresive) as you will lose crewmen on almost all hits

Personally, go with repair. You will get tracked quite often and the faster you can get on your way (without using a rep kit, dont use rep kit on tracks unless it is absolutely necesary... you will need that kit for your ammo rack, engine or gun... they get hit very often)

Repair is not cumulative, it doesn't "get better" the more crewmen you have but as with cloak and firefighting it works as an average of all your crewmen.
Say you have 3 crew, 1 crewman has repair at 100%. You tank will receive 33% from the repair skill only.
If you have 6 crew and 1 crewman with repair at 100% you would only be getting 16.7%

KickstartMyTank #3 Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6397 battles
thanks, repair it is.

about BiA: i recently read that it's uneffected if a crewman dies, although i didnt proofchecked yet. i really wanted the perk to improve the aiming and drum reload.

nudelauflauf #4 Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:07 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 38251 battles
  • [BLUTE] BLUTE
Repair-Sixth Sense-Recon
Repair-Snap Shot-Deadeye
Repair-Smooth Ride-Off Road

Vert. Stab
Gun L-Drive
Ventilation

That's how i roll... :Smile_honoring:

I don't use Repairkit on tracks, repairtime with repair-skill is good.
You need repairkit in case of ammorack or gun damage.

Al3xander #5 Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 15365 battles
I prefer a similar setup to the one above:

Repair-Sixth Sense-Recon
Repair-Designated target--Snap Shot
Repair-Clutch braking-Smooth Ride

Vert Stab - Coated Optics, Vent

I prefer to choose coated optics and designated target due to the way i play the batchat, as a support tank.

KickstartMyTank #6 Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6397 battles
well im using the GLD, Stab, Vent combo and for my skils will look like this:
BiA - Rep - Recon
BiA - Rep - Snap Shot
BiA - Rep - Smooth Ride

the Bat really needs some on the move accuracy

Waagabondh #7 Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19101 battles

View PostKickstartMyTank, on 12 May 2012 - 09:09 PM, said:

thanks, repair it is.

about BiA: i recently read that it's uneffected if a crewman dies, although i didnt proofchecked yet. i really wanted the perk to improve the aiming and drum reload.

BIA have been unaffected by crew member deaths since it was implemented.

Its only people that have not used or is using BIA that come with remarks such as the earlier one, where its not working.
It always worked, and will always.
The only thing is that all crew members must be trained in it to work, after that, it works if so 1 crewmember of 10 is alive.

BIA is still the best crew skill in game as it affces all stats: Aim time, ROF, Reload, Traverse rate, driver general skills, view range. you name it.

Or lets say like t his.

What other module other then Ventilation kit would you take that is much more important?

BIA does exactly what ventilation kit does. So if you think Vents are bad, skip BIA, but honestly, then you should read up a little cause thats a bad decision.

If you have few crew skills, might consider something else.
And, its not like BIA is a world breaker either.

The 2 crew skills that pays off most is probably repair and cammo.
Do not understimate cammo skill on tanks such as BC or T54, who already have a very good cammo value at base, and as such, get massive bonus from the cammo skil.

T54 have marginally better cammo value then BC.
Cammo is also a passive skill, active also when your driving.
Although, in genereal the only tanks that have same cammo value standing still as when driving is the light scouts in tier 5.

Still....It depends on playstyle.

BIA-Rep-6th sense, snapshot and smooth ride above seems like a nice idea.
But, BC dont have a good shoot on the move to begin with.
I would consider Offroad driving for the driver over snapshot, as that affects speed quite alot in rougher terrain. Or Clutch, for even faster turn speed.
Clutch together with BIA makes for an extremly nimble tank, as they are cumulative. Add Vents to this and its a huge difference.

Basardius #8 Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9082 battles
As the Batchats Turning / Agility is awful compaired to the AMX's and lorraine. I think its vital you get "Clutch Braking" over / before geting "Smooth Ride".

AceF #9 Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12721 battles
Rolling with my lorrie atm ( again after i parked it at 7.2 patch or whatever patch it got nerfed in) Must say it is good fun to play again and even as a medium tank playing with high tiers tanks I feel like I´m a hardhitter and provide some usefullnes.

But anyway, question is: My lorry crew now has 100% repair as first skill and Im about to select the second skill. (I choosed repair since frensh tanks in general are like light tanks, so detracked, you fecked)
So what about second skill, is BIA still a good skill or should I choose sixth sense, smooth drive and that gunneryskill that make you aim faster? I have no clue and since this crew is gonna jump up to tier 10 batchat I think, I wanna have best crew I can get.

Btw, did you use the 90 or 100 mm gun on the Lorry? Im using the 90 mm since it got 6 shots in its mag and the 100 mm only has 4?

Oh well less then 140k left to the batmobile ^^

anonym_pR1Q6sLWCp5C #10 Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 0 battles
1) 100 mm = 6 shots as well as 90 mm. Best choice for me is 100 mm. You can kill t8 heavys with one mag, and sometimes also t9 meds/tds. Gun depression is great too.

2) I currently use BIA on my Bat for first skill. 2nd is recon (is it the one which gives more view range - not sure about english term :) ) and two times repair. 3rd skill will be repair, clutch braking and 3rd one in dont exactly know.

AceF #11 Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12721 battles
AH you get 6 shot with the 100mm, I wounder what I did get the 4 from? :o

Maybe should try it, even if it will drain my pocket, kinda like the 90 mm to nice balance between, rof, damage, penetration and costs.

SigurdOrg #12 Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8923 battles

View PostAceF, on 18 June 2012 - 07:46 AM, said:

Btw, did you use the 90 or 100 mm gun on the Lorry? Im using the 90 mm since it got 6 shots in its mag and the 100 mm only has 4?
The 100mm has 6 shells in the autoloader as well. The reload is a bitch though. Mine is currently 49 sec (Lorraine).

Edited by SigurdOrg, 18 June 2012 - 12:23 PM.

PinkyDK #13 Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43464 battles
  • [KISS-] KISS-
Yes - the Brothers In Arms PERK works even with injured crew...

However the % it affects (Is it like 2%?) might not always make it worth to train. Most people only get 2-3 skills trained up so perhaps it's better for some people to get some repair skill and something to help each crewmember with his task?

CrimsonEntropy #14 Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28343 battles
I haven't got Brothers in Arms (planned 4th skill if I ever get that far) but I do have:

Recon + Mentor + Repair
Deadeye + Snap Shot + Repair
Off Road Driving + Clutch Braking + Smooth Ride

Vents, Vstab, Optics, 38 seconds and some change to reload. I hardly ever play it as I'm teh fail in the damn thing but I don't think the tank/crew is at fault here :Smile_glasses:

AceF #15 Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 12721 battles

View PostSigurdOrg, on 18 June 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

The 100mm has 6 shells in the autoloader as well. The reload is a bitch though. Mine is currently 49 sec (Lorraine).

Tried the 100mm, getting mixed results, the firepower with a full clip is amazing making mincemeat of everything I meet even if the reload inbetween each shot is a killer. Running around for almost 50 secs sux hard and it is hard to get keyloaction in the begining, you dont wanna get there with eampty pockets.

I think I switch around between the 90 and 100 to spice up the grind a bit. But in general, the Lorrie is still as fun as I rememberd it, just let it put at rest for a couple of months, so you forget the tank and you get some new fun again... Wounder if that is the sam for the Tiger and ISU? :S

gazzer21 #16 Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40767 battles
  • [-NMZ-] -NMZ-
As the auto loaders dont get a rammer.
BIA + vents really bring down the reload time on these tanks.
and as this is thier greatest weakness , why wouldent you ?

SigurdOrg #17 Posted 19 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 8923 battles

View PostAceF, on 19 June 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

... in general, the Lorrie is still as fun as I rememberd it, just let it put at rest for a couple of months, so you forget the tank and you get some new fun again... Wounder if that is the sam for the Tiger and ISU? :S
I just moved the Lorraine crew to the BatChat but haven't taken it to a game yet. You need that suspension to mount anything on it. I have the 100 mm in the depot, but lack a few 1000 XP to research the suspension. I think I have some Strong Coffee left from that special a while back. Vents + BiA + Coffee will make this great.

The Lorraine crew has just reached 100% on their first skill : Repair, and I am contemplating the next. Should I go for the individual perks or BiA?
Type has repair/BiA and is 73% on 3rd which is crew specific skills. Third skill is just too slow in progress. I have near 1k matches with the Type and still long ways to go as the amount of xp that will make skills progress are propotionally increasing. I remember in beta, getting that last 1% on the third skill just never happened.

HubertGruber #18 Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 25765 battles
1 skill:

sixth sense
repair
deadeye (that increase critcal damage chance?)

2. skill:

repair
clutch braking
repair

Thats what i use...

Also tagged with crew, skills, bat, batchat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users