New mod source for World of Tanks on Curse.com!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Sergeant

• WG Staff
  • 0 battles
If you already use mods or want to know more about them, Curse have now integrated about 30 World of tanks mods in their database. Check out what’s available to help improve your play style!

Full news text

Listy #2 Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
Would this be the Same Curse that recently had a Virus on its system which hijack a load of MMO logins?

http://www.curse.com...-spread-through

;)
To be fair it sounds like bad luck. but it did cause me to instal Script blockers to my browser.

Edited by Listy, 14 May 2012 - 11:51 AM.

locastan #3 Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Wow...Dev support for a Mod base on EU cluster. I'd have never thought I'd see the day. Thumbs up! :Smile_honoring:

Phooca #4 Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
It's good to see the devs support for mods , it's the only way many games can reach their full potential (Silen Hunter Series , COH Eastern Front ect ect  )

atikabubu #5 Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Wait a minute... Wasn't the Camera Zoom mod considered illegal? :P

Xall #6 Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Posted Image
Scope Shadow Remover:

This mod removes the blacked out portion of your screen during sniper mode.

is it legal?Than I wonder why programists made it if can be removed and approved by admins. :lol:

Edited by Xall, 14 May 2012 - 12:29 PM.

Cpl_Hicks #7 Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Postatikabubu, on 14 May 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

Wait a minute... Wasn't the Camera Zoom mod considered illegal? :P
So was the [Camouflage Remover]...
Did they even browse the site before recommending it? :unsure:

edit: fixed

Edited by Cpl_Hicks, 14 May 2012 - 12:34 PM.

johnx360 #8 Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
http://www.curse.com...illery-zoom-out Is this really allowed?

Dorjan #9 Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
I guess this is the admins way of saying those of us who still play default better start breaking the rules or be left behind!

Also isn't curse the place who sell your passwords?

Edited by Dorjan, 14 May 2012 - 12:51 PM.

Listy #10 Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 0 battles
Now I'm confused...

Are those mods illegal or not? Cause I like the sound of the Increased zoom, and had never heard of it until now.

Panzershrek #11 Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Serious questions for the admins and devs.

1) By recommending this site and endorsing it, do you endorse /all/ the mods available implicitly?
2) Do you review the contents of these mods and do you actively screen for those which breach the EULA?
3) Do you plan on actively looking for and/or influence Curse.com to remove mods which breach the EULA?
4) Do you endorse, if silent on these issues, mods which alter the speedtree engine, thereby breaching your licensing terms?
5) Now that you have endorsed mods openly, do you plan on adding to the EULA, in particular the clauses prohibiting third party software interaction?
6) Will you create and implement a 'fair use of mods' policy?

The above questions are serious issues. Some are idle curiosity, some are good business practice, some are legal concerns. Modification of the game files allows for things which are much more unbalancing than the artillery tracer issue you spent so much time eradicating, and could even cause the issue to reappear through a mod that re-enables the old functionality (If it hasn't happened already).

A coherent response on this would be very much appreciated.

Anarchy99 #12 Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
Yeah I think ill be avoiding curse.com like the plague. Sorry but too many of my freinds who used that site for other MMO's have had there accounts hacked because of that site. I will use mods but only those uploaded to sites I actually trust.

Pernumbra #13 Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostPanzershrek, on 14 May 2012 - 01:00 PM, said:

Serious questions for the admins and devs.

1) By recommending this site and endorsing it, do you endorse /all/ the mods available implicitly?
2) Do you review the contents of these mods and do you actively screen for those which breach the EULA?
3) Do you plan on actively looking for and/or influence Curse.com to remove mods which breach the EULA?
4) Do you endorse, if silent on these issues, mods which alter the speedtree engine, thereby breaching your licensing terms?
5) Now that you have endorsed mods openly, do you plan on adding to the EULA, in particular the clauses prohibiting third party software interaction?
6) Will you create and implement a 'fair use of mods' policy?

The above questions are serious issues. Some are idle curiosity, some are good business practice, some are legal concerns. Modification of the game files allows for things which are much more unbalancing than the artillery tracer issue you spent so much time eradicating, and could even cause the issue to reappear through a mod that re-enables the old functionality (If it hasn't happened already).

A coherent response on this would be very much appreciated.

Especially would like an answer to the above seeing as all the T&C a site has to agree to in order to appear here.

Also still waiting on answers on what happened to the 2012-05-03 YAWR.

Also, why this "beyond 0.7.3" info was missing from here.

ArmouredBin #14 Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
ive used this site for other MMO games (WoW for one) and tbh i wont be using it. The amount of times ive DL'd a file only for a virus to be found it unreal. Also, ive know of people that have had their acounts hacked due to files downloaded from curse.

Xall #15 Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostArmouredBin, on 14 May 2012 - 01:55 PM, said:

ive used this site for other MMO games (WoW for one) and tbh i wont be using it. The amount of times ive DL'd a file only for a virus to be found it unreal. Also, ive know of people that have had their acounts hacked due to files downloaded from curse.

If you wnt use mods for wot you don't need to instal anything. All mods are little changes in normal files, most of them are images or flash files.

Edited by Xall, 14 May 2012 - 02:06 PM.

ArmouredBin #16 Posted 14 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostXall, on 14 May 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

If you wnt use mods for wot you don't need to instal anything. All mods are little changes in normal files, most of them are images or flash files.

Same as WoW (no instaling anything, just copy to addons folder) yet it still happens sadly.

Reomines #17 Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
I just don't know why people keep saying is this legal or not , guys c'mon if it's not legal why would they bother themselves putting it on curse.com :lol:

Anyways , Cheers ! :Smile_great:   That was awesome move to do :lol:

Shireknight #18 Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

Player

• Veteran
  • 0 battles
The very first mod I noticed when going to this site is the zoom out mod which as far as I'm concerned is totally illegal and certainly should not be promoted by the WOT team themselves -I won't be using it and I urge anyone with a sense of fair play not to download it.

Shame on you devs for trying to convert honest people into cheating at your game :angry:

WAROFHELIUM #19 Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostLostirishguy, on 14 May 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

It's good to see the devs support for mods , it's the only way many games can reach their full potential (Silen Hunter Series , COH Eastern Front ect ect  )

total war, mount & blade are both escentials in modding history ;)

anyway I just find it funny some moders had to hack the game to make the mod and wg doesn't realise it not that I have nothing against it they actualy did nothing wrong but its realy funny

now you finaly reconginse them shouln't you make an official mod site where people can talk/announce/reveal their mods?
an esscential part would be awards ofcourse this would be a good impulse for the modding imo

the only problem would be the fact its a russian game if you untherstand what I mean

FatigueGalaxy #20 Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles
Too bad most of uploaders don't give any credits to original authors. I found a guy who describes himself as author of many mods even if he isn't and mods comes from this and RU forum... That's wrong.

Also I can't understand why you're promoting 3rd party site where people can anonymously upload mods and you have no control over that. It doesn't look safe at all... Still official forum is the best and the safest way to get mods.