Company of Heroes 2 announced (although will be awhile)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

X534 #1 Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23479 battles
  • [BAC0N] BAC0N
for those of you who liked the first company of heroes, you will be delighted to hear that CoH 2 is in development, this focuses mainly on commanding the red army against operation barbarossa from the germans, based in 1941, from what i've seen it seems to be using a new engine and is expected to be released early 2013, the quality looks really good,  graphics wise and probably game-play wise (based on very few images available) if there is anything to go by from the first company of heroes, this will be one hell of a good game. a little bit more information in this link below.

http://www.companyof...oes-2-announced

looking forward :Smile_honoring:

Edited by X534, 14 May 2012 - 09:03 PM.

Colonel_Boom #2 Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19567 battles
Yep, already saw it.
It will be with russians in the east. I just hope that they take in some innovations from COHO and let us play the other allied faction as well. Maybe they put them all on the same side and give the axis some new faction as well.
Please don't let them start from the beginning with only Wehrmacht and maybe RKKA.
Damn, i'm excited...

John_Armfeldt #3 Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2364 battles
  • [LUNA] LUNA
i hope they add a german campaign, idk if it comes out with a expansion.

remember guys, to see a whole mountain, you've got to see it from more than one side and view.

not playing as the germans in this, is the same as saying the germans just came fighting out of thin air, like magic and that they had to be stopped.

WW2 wasn't a kid or fantasy games where you could use a magic jar to gush out reinforcments, those soldiers on the german side must have come from somewhere.

and remember, nomatter the country, age or situation, the soldiers in the field are all the same.

i have very high expectations of COH2.

tbh i was kinda expecting a full sequel after TOV

2alertred #4 Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17634 battles
Hm when it comes to WW2 games i prefer commandos :Smile_honoring: .
http://www.eprison.d..._1316015301.jpg

Or

Soldiers: Heroes of World War II

http://1.bp.blogspot...0_screen003.jpg

Those 2 games were badass.  (Soldiers could be played like commandos)

Company was a bit meh to me. (heck sudden strike was more fun that it).

X534 #5 Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23479 battles
  • [BAC0N] BAC0N

View PostWolfgang_Kruger, on 15 May 2012 - 09:07 PM, said:

i hope they add a german campaign, idk if it comes out with a expansion.

remember guys, to see a whole mountain, you've got to see it from more than one side and view.

not playing as the germans in this, is the same as saying the germans just came fighting out of thin air, like magic and that they had to be stopped.

WW2 wasn't a kid or fantasy games where you could use a magic jar to gush out reinforcments, those soldiers on the german side must have come from somewhere.

and remember, nomatter the country, age or situation, the soldiers in the field are all the same.

i have very high expectations of COH2.

tbh i was kinda expecting a full sequel after TOV
i agree, i doubt they wouldn't involve a german campaign because that wouldn't be a smart move and would make people lose a lot of interest in the game, however they will need to refine it so that its not the same to play them as in the first company of heroes, something like different units/gameplay etc. would suffice, sure it would still be good if they were played the same but then there is a conflict of interest between the 2 games

IBLiTZKRiEGI #6 Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 3275 battles
  • [WOLVE] WOLVE
They need a German campaign. I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't ship with one.

They should (at least in SP) allow you to organise co-ordinated attacks, forming divisions and companies, creating formations etc. instead of building a few random bits and pieces and careering around the map in a blob.

That would be a great feature! Create your own kampfgruppe or division or whatever, and make your own insignia that appeared on your units. You could customise your units' appearance as well, and change the support from the Company Commander.

awdoiawfni'annf I must write to Relic at once

Edited by IBLiTZKRiEGI, 16 May 2012 - 11:16 AM.

X534 #7 Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23479 battles
  • [BAC0N] BAC0N

View PostIBLiTZKRiEGI, on 16 May 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

They need a German campaign. I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't ship with one.

They should (at least in SP) allow you to organise co-ordinated attacks, forming divisions and companies, creating formations etc. instead of building a few random bits and pieces and careering around the map in a blob.

That would be a great feature! Create your own kampfgruppe or division or whatever, and make your own insignia that appeared on your units. You could customise your units' appearance as well, and change the support from the Company Commander.

awdoiawfni'annf I must write to Relic at once
yes this would be a really good idea, gl with that letter :Smile_honoring:

LostSpider #8 Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 22901 battles
I hope they will fix the design flaw that allowed the map hack that destroyed automatch on "company of heroes 1"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users