Common sense rules on battlef

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic

decebal81 #1 Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12563 battles

POPULAR

In gameplay section I sow recently a lot of topics about efficiency indicator, which refers to individual performance in battle, but I didn’t see hot debates about what is the most important in my opinion: team play performance and common sense rules that, if obeyed by the hard core of players, we’ll make the time spending for playing this game more enjoyable for all. During approximately 8 k battles, I’ve noticed some players that spoil gameplay for all others by their irresponsible, and stupid actions.
   So I try to make up a raw set of simple rules. The rules are open for debate and everybody can add  improves to them to the point that we can make a sort of “Code of best practices” for Wot players, that we can post it on forums  in a special section. Of course, the code can not be implemented by any form of constraint, but I think it can influence the opinion of players in an informal way.
  • At the beginning of the battle, use the in game chat for talking about the strategy of team.
This will prevent lemming trains or the disperse of the team like it is a scarried herd of  cattle.
Of course, not all players will obey, but if the hard core of team respect a specific strategy, the rest will follow them.
2. Work in grups, not alone.

This is not similar to following a stupid player in a suicidal rush. Instead, for example, as a Type 59 driver, if u see that a e50 is trying to take a strategic position and is in fight with two annoying light AMX-es, go and help him, don’t hide after a rock. It is obvious that these enemy tanks will take down your team mate and than will do the same thing with u.

3 Follow and support higher tiers.

I saw a lot of lower tiers wining at the beginning of the game that they are useless considering of MM. and usually begins a suicidal rush if they are driving fast tanks, or a campfest if they are heavy tanks. Instead, they should follow high tier tanks and form the second and third line of the battle. A final punch from a VK 3601 gun can reduce to silent a enemy t 54 driver if proper delivered, which is currently circling your top tier heavy. More, if u help your team to win in a match that you are put against higher tiers you will earn lots of exp and credits.

4.Don’t block your team mates from retreating  to a safe position after shooting in a peekaboo fight.

This is very, very important and one of the main sources of frustration on battlefield.
And is more frustrating when a heavy top tier tank camps in the back of a td. Last night, at Himmelsdorf, playing my  Object 704, I noticed that the “heavy line” flank was weak and go there. As nobody was advancing, I took the lead of attack and spotted two enemy heavies. I shot at one of them, hurt him bad and quicly pressed the “s” button. For a moment I thought my keyboard was stuck, then I realized that a tier 8 heavy was blocking my path. After I was hit by the enemy tier 9 heavy tank, I rage at him to go back, and shot at enemy again, while he was loading. Again press “S“ button and figured out that our tier 8 didn’t moved back. Enemy tank shot me again, and that cost me more than half of my hp. Of course I was mad and typed in chat a lot of “good” things to him.

5. Be aware of your role on battlefield, which mostly depends of the type of the tank you drive.

Top tier heavy tanks go to that areas of the map where that can be anticipated that the main battle will be, even that is attack or defence, td’s support them, meds support your team by flanking bigger opponents or taking strategic positions, light scout, etc. As a top heavy tank, don’t hide away from battle, expecting that low tier vehicles to take the main punch from enemy, as you will certainly be the last in your team and die later circled by the surviving enemy team and lose creds and exp.I saw mauses go to hill at himmelsdorf, while “heavy line” was covered only by two kv 1s, assaulting tds and even spgs, scouts that stay behind heavies, etc.

6. Protect your arty.

Even if u don’t like them (I am not a fan of this category of vehicles either), we must admit that they are the main power force of our team, and can decide the faith of the battle.
When you see an enemy scout heading to arty positions, try to stop him by any means. Even if u die protecting arty, your team has more chances to win add, again, you will get more creds and exp.
About a week ago, I was playing my GW Tiger at Redshire. After killing several enemies- including arty, as countering arty is my first option- I noticed that a scout was in the way to reach our arty positions. I asked to a team mate who was driving a IS to shot that scout. He replied that he would never protect arty. The scout reach to me and somehow I managed to shot him and to avoid enemy arty shells raining around me (I guess they were angry with me because of countering activity J)). Then, after reaching a safe place, I typed in chat some “good” things to that IS player. He came to me  and start ramming and insulting me. Then I did one of my few TK’s that I am really proud of…

7. As an arty player, please don’t shot when you are aware of the possibility to hurt one of your ones teammates, just to count one more kill.

I saw a lot of idiots playing arty shoting at areas where their teammates are involved in a close combat, aiming at 2% enemy tank surrounded by teammates. As you are the main power force of your team, pick full health opponents is spotted, and not 10% ones wich can be easily killed by teammates.

8. Take into consideration the minimap all the time, and act accordingly, wich means:

-go to reinforce a colapsing flank, or an uncovered area;
- as a fast tank, go to defend base when u see that enemy is capping, even if u are in a different side of the map- base defending bring u tons of credits and can prevent a lose; I saw a lot of fast mediums that continues their attack, even if their base was 50% occupied and defendless, fact that, in my opinion, is just an idiotic maner to approach gameplay;
- don’t follow lemmings, as that is almost every time a lose.

9. Don’t reveal your teammates positions.

If u are a heavy tank, don’t park your tank in a sniping position near a TD. He has higher camouflage values and usually more firepower. You will certainly be spotted by enemy and arty will start to shot that area, destroying the td too with splash

10.. And the most important: Stop acting like individuals on battlefield and cooperate with your team as this is the only way to win a battle. Even if u are a unicum driving the best tank, you can’t win the battle by yourself

Edited by decebal81, 16 May 2012 - 12:45 PM.

Kazomir #2 Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 16752 battles
I like how the first 4 points are all 1. And then it warps to 5.

Sadly, there arent much WoT players that read the forums. and the little that do allready know what 2 do.

Edited by Kazomir, 16 May 2012 - 11:20 AM.

Arctomian #3 Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21065 battles
  • [-TPP-] -TPP-
yea i agree with waht your sayinf here but point 10 mate. thats why there are clan wars and providence to take.

DougHole #4 Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7178 battles
Telling forum users won't do any good. We are reminded about this sort of thing on a daily basis.

Suggestion to get this message to random non forum players:

Supported by a dozen Chinook helicopters, slowly fly a huge skyscraper sized speaker over Europe broadcasting your points orally, perhaps spoken by Olga who can say it in a 'come to bed' voice to encourage people to listen.

Alighierian #5 Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19043 battles
yup, it's good stuff here, but generally most of the people who read the forums already know most of this.... it's the hordes of lemmings who probably never even heard of the forums which are the problem -.-

XiTiX #6 Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16321 battles
  • [0WNED] 0WNED
Maybe Olga can talk to us one by one?

decebal81 #7 Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12563 battles

View PostAlighierian, on 16 May 2012 - 11:37 AM, said:

yup, it's good stuff here, but generally most of the people who read the forums already know most of this.... it's the hordes of lemmings who probably never even heard of the forums which are the problem -.-

Then we can ask WG to post them on their official site, near link for downloading the game

anemicflame #8 Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:46 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15384 battles

View PostDougHole, on 16 May 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

Supported by a dozen Chinook helicopters, slowly fly a huge skyscraper sized speaker over Europe broadcasting your points orally, perhaps spoken by Olga who can say it in a 'come to bed' voice to encourage people to listen.
:Smile_great: That is great idea, maybe we should collect money for this. That tour around europe should probably start from Poland ;) .

Edited by anemicflame, 16 May 2012 - 11:47 AM.

rogash1775 #9 Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32387 battles
how can you discuss the tactic at the start when some random starts with siema.....or something along those lines, andeven if you manage to say i have a tactic lets do this, will they actually listen,.... if they had a brain there would be no need to discuss tactics, but they dont so its hard for them to even take commands if they dont even know where to shoot tanks, where they have the best armor, nice try and all but things like this dont work, unless you sort out the noobs  from the pro noobs by matchmaking ...
:arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta::arta:

also you forgot to mention don't press M at the start , that should be mandatory, don't know why they allowed players to turn off the mini map because without it, your just playing like a headless chicken

Edited by rogash1775, 16 May 2012 - 12:14 PM.

decebal81 #10 Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12563 battles

View PostArctomian, on 16 May 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

yea i agree with waht your sayinf here but point 10 mate. thats why there are clan wars and providence to take.

there a a lot of palyers that didn't join a clan for various motivations an preffer to play random games. + randoms are generaly used for grinding exp and creds

Frenzier #11 Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 61409 battles
  • [GOP] GOP
the pick a bow part just killed me, ahahaha i think you mean peekaboo

Dopamin #12 Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 21328 battles
  • [503] 503

View Postdecebal81, on 16 May 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

4.Don’t block your team mates from retreating  to a safe position after shooting in a pick a bow fight.

I'am not nativ english speaking, but isnt that called "peek-a-boo"?

CuP1D #13 Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14418 battles

View PostDougHole, on 16 May 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

Telling forum users won't do any good. We are reminded about this sort of thing on a daily basis.

I'd listen to that, and do exactly what she says!

Theros #14 Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24106 battles
  • [SIEGE] SIEGE
Point 7 should also apply vice versa which means that you dont engage in close combat when arty marked the target you are up to. It is really frustrating for an arty player to reload and aim for a minute or so at a clean target only to see a tier VII med engage a 100% E100 with his pew pew gun in close combat and block the line of fire. Same for "peak a boo" situations where people don't realise that they would just have to wait for the enemy tank to look around the corner so arty can hit it too.

Storm87 #15 Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33087 battles
And most of players are like....

Posted Image

Especially guys with something like 500 effeciency.

They don't give a s***t and do not react to any suggestions.

decebal81 #16 Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12563 battles

View PostFrenzier, on 16 May 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

the pick a bow part just killed me, ahahaha i think you mean peekaboo

sorry, my fault ;)

Homer_J #17 Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31782 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
1. If the countdown was 5 minutes then I might try and discuss tactics, but in 30 seconds I'm lucky to get one line of well rehearsed abuse off, and what's the point talking to half the team anyway, the other half are still loading.

2>* You are preaching to the choir, maybe you should copy/paste it into the battle chat instead.

decebal81 #18 Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12563 battles

View PostTheros, on 16 May 2012 - 12:38 PM, said:

Point 7 should also apply vice versa which means that you dont engage in close combat when arty marked the target you are up to. It is really frustrating for an arty player to reload and aim for a minute or so at a clean target only to see a tier VII med engage a 100% E100 with his pew pew gun in close combat and block the line of fire. Same for "peak a boo" situations where people don't realise that they would just have to wait for the enemy tank to look around the corner so arty can hit it too.

you are right. it happenet to mee, too. i usualy ask him to fall back, so I can help him. but, most often times, he doesn't.   Move to another target, or calculate if u can afford the fine... :D

Edited by decebal81, 16 May 2012 - 02:31 PM.

EickhardtSr #19 Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24230 battles

View PostXiTiX, on 16 May 2012 - 11:38 AM, said:

Maybe Olga can talk to us one by one?
Good idear...

I want to be the first one she talks to... :P

Instead of the "Tip of the day" and battle map loading screen, Olga could point out the importance of this matter... ;)

Edited by EickhardtSr, 16 May 2012 - 01:40 PM.

decebal81 #20 Posted 16 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12563 battles

View PostStorm87, on 16 May 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

And most of players are like....

Posted Image

Especially guys with something like 500 effeciency.

They don't give a s***t and do not react to any suggestions.

Hope you're wrong....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users