Dutch/Belgium forums request petition

Dutch need own forum

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
197 replies to this topic

Poll: Dutch forums request (417 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Wil je graag forums in onze moedertaal hebben?

1. Yes! (377 votes [90.41%])

Percentage of vote: 90.41%

2. No (40 votes [9.59%])

Percentage of vote: 9.59%

Vote Hide poll

Bean77 #181 Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 27653 battles
  • [GOT] GOT
I think its better I wont react on commando anymore ;) :p
I dont like trolls and it's ok to have different opinions.

Commando01 #182 Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21857 battles
i agree with you on those points, so i wont react anymore. you have your opinion i have mine

Mordante #183 Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27629 battles
  • [-DL-] -DL-
Even though I am Dutch myself I oppose a Dutch language sub forum. To be even more precise I oppose and special language forum. If you cannot master the English language you should not be playing international online games. Let us be honest, English is the international language. So if you are unable to communicate in English you should not be playing online international games. This holds true for all nations.

frame_nl #184 Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 35744 battles
  • [SRSLY] SRSLY
Dear Wargaming,

The Dutch speaking community would like to have a forum in Dutch.

Its been some time now that the game has been translated into dutch, so it stands to reason that you provide support for your product in the same language it is available in.

I am aware that you would probably have to hire twice as many dutch moderators to keep things sane, but hey, the other forums would be a nicer place if you could stick all the brats in the basement.

A tool for constructive critisism it will never be :-)

Greetings

frame_nl
Dutch, but nealy cured.

Ronineter #185 Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 20510 battles
  • [READ] READ

View PostMordante, on 07 November 2012 - 10:10 AM, said:

Even though I am Dutch myself I oppose a Dutch language sub forum. To be even more precise I oppose and special language forum. If you cannot master the English language you should not be playing international online games. Let us be honest, English is the international language. So if you are unable to communicate in English you should not be playing online international games. This holds true for all nations.
You can't say such a thing in a tread about Dutch language. Because if Holland Didn't sold mahattan to England, Dutch would probably be the main world Language.

Atrevir #186 Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 18480 battles
  • [PTS-D] PTS-D

View PostRonineter, on 15 November 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

You can't say such a thing in a tread about Dutch language. Because if Holland Didn't sold mahattan to England, Dutch would probably be the main world Language.
Haha that's bullshit and you know it

Vioras #187 Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10619 battles

View PostRonineter, on 15 November 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

View PostAtrevir, on 16 November 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

Haha that's bullshit and you know it

The dutch were the first who discoverd Australia, but we hadn't any interest in it and left it for the british :Smile_mellow:

peyz #188 Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 14940 battles
  • [CHEER] CHEER
If it aint dutch it aint much :p, dus hup hup met dat nederlands forum

Kyril #189 Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:55 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 10480 battles
  • [WAF] WAF
Perhaps we should show a bit of Dutch nature here, and go about it pragmatically.

There are a bunch of Dutch clans out there, several of them maintaining there own forum  Perhaps one of them has access to decent / cheap bandwidth? Ask WG to add a link on the forum (perhaps add a disclaimer that it links to a non-WG moderated site and stuff), and use that. If bandwidth costs rises to much, just add a paypall or other link for users to donate. For clan forum hosts, think of the exposure that your clan will be getting if you facilitate the Dutch WOT discussions.

Verder een goed idee, en heb uiteraard ja gestemd. Maar ben het inmiddels wel gewend dat Nederlands wordt overgeslagen in de game-wereld. Komt natuurlijk doordat wij zo fokking fantastich multitalen talenten zijn.

Usertmp #190 Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Translator
  • 24587 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostKyril, on 07 December 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

There are a bunch of Dutch clans out there, several of them maintaining there own forum  Perhaps one of them has access to decent / cheap bandwidth? Ask WG to add a link on the forum (perhaps add a disclaimer that it links to a non-WG moderated site and stuff), and use that. If bandwidth costs rises to much, just add a paypall or other link for users to donate. For clan forum hosts, think of the exposure that your clan will be getting if you facilitate the Dutch WOT discussions.
Yeah dude, great idea! Let's privatize part of the forums!.

No. It's bad.

Eagles_Eye #191 Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16664 battles
My english is fine,
but if i look at all the other language forums i wonder,.

Why not a Dutch one, Cmon!

Eagles_Eye #192 Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 16664 battles

View PostBean77, on 02 October 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

Seems you have a serious reading problem.

I said, IF you start a forum in a Dutch languages you can start a forum in every language. It seems to me a lot of work for Wargaming. I didnt say every languague should have his own forum. Just keep forums for the most spoken languages and Dutch isnt part of it in my opinion.

And I didnt say Dutch people are superior in speaking other foreign languages. Again you can't read. I said that Dutch players are reasonable able to express themselve in english.

And yes, compare to other nations, Dutch people are known to speak/understand good english. Young children are educated english at school. In other countries that is (far) less normal they teach english when they are growing up (at later ages).

But hey, why am I reponding at the first place. It seems you only read what you like to read. Learn to accept that some people have a different opinion than yours.

the problem is,

I learned english from watching english movies, playing english games, listening to english music,..
NOT from school.

when i was 12 i did go to a school that started with english class, and i happened to be the only one that actually could speak / write a bit of english already ( thnx to the games, movies, music ),

now ( 21) allot has changed in education.

my little niece of 9 years old, speaks better english than i.

so saying everything abouve 10+ = wrong.   i just happend to be graduated right before the improved education.

( google helps alittle bit to, still my grammar isn't that good )

Hofwegen_1 #193 Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5726 battles
Your grammar is fine!
Anyone with a little touch of language understands what you are talking about.

I didn't vote at all because i don't care about national/dutch stuff.

What did we Dutch, ever do for the world?

- Balkenende
- Rutte/Samsom
- (Some kind of) legalization of softdrugs wich evolved in top off the bill harddrugs.
- Selling of Manhattan (yes it is true) even if we did it because of fear
- Winning 1 (the cheapest) of 4 wars in a row against England
- Getting the second place in deporting Jews to camps (1th Poland, 2th we and 3th the French). Not in percentage but in numbers!
- Claiming to destroy the Spanish armada (wich actualy was done by the English with assistance of a few Dutch ships)!
- Walk on clogs.
- We all live in a windmill (I actualy do!)
- We had more participators at the easternfront than in the Dutch resistance.
- Our queen could solve the international crisis with 1 year of her income!
- Wilders alltough he says interesting stuff about civil servants (I know it is populistic bullshit from his side)
- Starting to participate WW2 with only 1 (ONE!) Renault f17!
- All of us speaking excelent English but we al ignore the fact that our German is much better or, anyway fits us in a natural way much better.
- Ignoring polutional actions/interverence.
- Staphorst!!
- Me loving kielbasa.
- Heineken (aaargghhh)
- The invention off transporting slaves in horizontal position. Lower decks on ships meant more slaves per trip. A lot more died but, per saldo, we got more over in one ride and gained lots of money for it.
- Etc. etc. etc..

Anyway i know dat ik loop te zeiken (look that up in google translation) but i think it's not needed to have a Dutch speaking forum. As i have read before it is a international game so an international language will do and I agree!

So please ban/take out all the Finnish, Siema, French, Bulgarian and especially the Romanian and German forums and lets HAVE FUN!

Usertmp #194 Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Translator
  • 24587 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
Why do I dislike you all of a sudden?

Edited by Usertmp, 29 December 2012 - 05:37 PM.

Hofwegen_1 #195 Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5726 battles
Why/waarom?

Did U already find out?

Is it about the 020?

Usertmp #196 Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Translator
  • 24587 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
:facepalmic:

KawaGreen #197 Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 13307 battles
  • [PIZZA] PIZZA
My friend installed the game in dutch. He was new and I gave instructions over TS, like go to tech tree etc. He was like, wtf where is this tech tree?

Also if you do a search like: repair kit. You'll find 100's of posts all in different languages so you just don't bother to search an just open a new topic.

Don't like the idea of having different languages in a forum.

exile29 #198 Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 25562 battles
  • [_OC_] _OC_

View PostKyril, on 07 December 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

Perhaps we should show a bit of Dutch nature here, and go about it pragmatically.

Verder een goed idee, en heb uiteraard ja gestemd. Maar ben het inmiddels wel gewend dat Nederlands wordt overgeslagen in de game-wereld. Komt natuurlijk doordat wij zo fokking fantastich multitalen talenten zijn.

ja man!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users