In real Life:
Also known as WZ-120C. The Type 59D was developed in the 1990s. Instead of replacing all ageing Type 59s in service with newer models, the PLA decided that they should be upgraded with new technologies to meet the requirements for future land battle. The Type 59D is fitted with explosive reactive armour, a new tank gun, passive night vision, and new fire control. The 12150L diesel engine was also replaced by a 580 hp 12150L7 engine. Variants include Type 59D and Type 59D1. Sudan's Military Industry Corporation (MIC) may have licensed the T-59D for domestic production as the Al-Zubair 2 tank.
The model has moved on since V1 to a full conversion. And now following supports the following:
- In Game text change (supports XVM)
- Description change
- Crash model
- Compatible with in-game camo
- New Garage button
- Fully textured parts (Download UVmap)
Remove any existing Type 59 skins & mods. Then extract and dump the supplied files into your WOT directory - overwrite as required (At your own risk)
The rest of the HR mod team. And of course to Kyphe who's spent as much if not more time than me texturing this from the ground up.
I was gonna wait until 7.5 to release this but here's update 2.5
-Crash textures fixed
-Added Kyphe camo crash textures (can also be replace with [original]
-Re-aligned gun in crash file
- Comined Kyphe's camo pack as standard, put original is included and can be swapped by going to res_mods/vehicles/china/Ch01_Type59 and replacing Type59.dds with [original]Type59.dds (remove [orignal])
- additional optimisations
- crash model should no longer crash game
- file structure now updated to 0.7.4
- Please do not PM me with requests for instructions on how to change the models. The decision has been made within the modding community to keep the details confidential until WG have approved such activities.
- Please credit HR MOD TEAM on any re-skins and mods utilising this model.
- Vist Kyphes page and give him a
Edited by foxdie_01, 22 July 2012 - 11:34 AM.