June Calendar

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
242 replies to this topic

ZWC #41 Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21673 battles
I see many players are asking for the PzIV Hydro.in giftshop .
I too hope it will be in giftshop. aswell for the PzII-J. (and US/RU spacial tanks

Not because they are that good... but mainly because its a fine and quick way to skill your crew. for in premium tanks your crew keeps their 100 exp.

so every day play one wingame for the dubble xp.

PS , al that D-Day crap about claming it was a victory for the fallen alies.
shame on them,.. for soldiers who wanne be a hero, numbers practically zero... but there are millions who want to be civilian!

To ALL fallen soldiers, I regret that politics forged you into battlefield.
US and GB did sent boys aswell knowing they were just food for time.

shame on all people claming they are on the right side. and think the're correct.

Only because Americans won over the Indians and took there land, makes practically nobody cries about it and claim America is on the "good" side.

Killing for the "good" course, is some wierd way to look at "casualties"

Edited by ZWC, 31 May 2012 - 06:03 PM.

BogdanSchnee #42 Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5086 battles
no operation barbarossa on 22 june?

Shireknight #43 Posted 31 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

Player

• Veteran
  • 13380 battles
  • [TELOS] TELOS
Is it just me or does the calendar say there are no specials on for four of the five weekends in June or is Tank the Month now a month long special which contains a deal that lasts for the whole month?

Edited by Shireknight, 31 May 2012 - 07:39 PM.

Ariobarzanes #44 Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7535 battles

View PostDingIsHere, on 31 May 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

I would still have expected it to be either a british or american tank on that anniversary... you know... just saying...

so, let's say that this year we are politically correct  and we make the amercian sherman the Tank of the Monts.
next year we are again politically correct... and we make the british cromwell the tank of month.
and then, what shall we do the year after the year after the next year?
let me think: oh yes, we shall be politically again and we shall make the american sherman the tank of the month and so on.

I never realised.... I wondered why so many allies died on the beaches...
well, perhaps this has something to do with the ability of the german soldier of degending a beach??? or with the fact that that assaulting a beach against bunkers is generally costing a lot of lives???
and what has this to do with the price of rice in China and with the fact that this is a game about tanks and bnot about politics?

take my case: I come from a Eastern Countru which was occupied and raped and mutilated by the Soviet Army. They called that "liberation". I have a grand father who lost a leg fighting that Army.
I never complained about russian tanks being tanks of the month - because if I want to discuss politics, I grab a six pack and call a friend.
When I play this game, I simply drive my tank and try to kill as many ennemies as possible. If one of them drives aa russian tank, the better I feel.
But, again, this has nothing to do with politics.
This is a game about tanks, more or less related to the history of tanks.
And, like it or not, Pz IV is an important tank.

But taking politics aside... D-day is celebrating the Allied cause over the Nazis... one would assume the Tank of the Month would reflect that...

Leaving politics aside, allied victory against nazi germany has nothing to do with the tank of the month.
The tank of the month has something to do with the devs' policy of encouraging people to play mid-tier tanks (and such is the case for the Pz IV family) and with a simple of choice this month.
If I remember correctly, in may  the tank of the month was the the russian T34. Now, remember, this tank spelled distruction for many countries in the Eastern Europe amd a long night of about 45 years.
Did someone complain about that?

So, let's be glad for the players who happen to have a Pz IV in their garage and are struggling hard to raise the credits to evolve and buy a VK of any sort. Or for the players who will use the Pz IV in order to boost their financial gains in order to evolve easier and buy e.g. an american T29 a bit faster.
And let's hope that the devs will keep this ideea every month for the tanks of the month to be.

P0wer_Donkey #45 Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7046 battles

View PostBogdanSchnee, on 31 May 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

No, because it was not an allied operation, but german.

Russian of course do not "celebrate" the day, that they almost got owned by germans.

Edited by Karikatyyri, 01 June 2012 - 08:44 AM.

ralex #46 Posted 01 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 24992 battles
  • [AVG] AVG

During the whole of this month, from June 1st at 7:30 h CEST (5.30am GMT) until June 29th at 7:00 h CEST (5.00am GMT) you will receive an extra 10% on all credits earned in battle with your PzKpfw IV.

10% ? Meh... :Smile_confused:

AnCh #47 Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 39229 battles
  • [ROPD] ROPD

View Postralex, on 01 June 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

10% ? Meh... :Smile_confused:

Indeed, it could have been better if they would have boosted the income with at least 25%.

DingIsHere #48 Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 15970 battles
  • [4Q2] 4Q2

View PostAriobarzanes, on 01 June 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

This is a game about tanks, more or less related to the history of tanks.

More or less.. how about "timing" ...?

I would still have expected it to be either a british or american tank on that anniversary... you know... just saying...

I should have added russian...
(and this is not related to your grandfather in anyway.. I'm not that shitty, my grandfather was gassed in the war)

so, let's say that this year we are politically correct and we make the amercian sherman the Tank of the Monts.
next year we are again politically correct... and we make the british cromwell the tank of month.
and then, what shall we do the year after the year after the next year?
let me think: oh yes, we shall be politically again and we shall make the american sherman the tank of the month and so on.

There are plenty of other tanks, and plenty of other days in the year to celebrate German tanks, back to "timing"....

I never realised.... I wondered why so many allies died on the beaches...

never heard of sarcasm?

But taking politics aside... D-day is celebrating the Allied cause over the Nazis... one would assume the Tank of the Month would reflect that...

Leaving politics aside, allied victory against nazi germany has nothing to do with the tank of the month.

You cannot take politics out of D-Day, this was the beginning of the end for 1 specific evil regime.. and I am taking about the Nazis' not Germans.

"Timing"

Grolim #49 Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12842 battles

View PostBogdanSchnee, on 31 May 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

You will never see this celebrated in this game nor Fall Gelb.

TheBrut3 #50 Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8151 battles
Will there be any giftshop changes?

Becouse the "special" gifts from last month are gone now.

VojaSRB #51 Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 6365 battles
They're probably just planning a surprise at the HQ... :Smile_smile:

Ariobarzanes #52 Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7535 battles

View PostDingIsHere, on 01 June 2012 - 09:53 AM, said:

More or less.. how about "timing" ...?

There are plenty of other tanks, and plenty of other days in the year to celebrate German tanks, back to "timing"....

"Timing"

OK. I agree with upon this one condition: please name one such day of any year that may be in right "timing" in order to celebrate German tanks and which will not be a "bad" , "ironic" day in which an Allied victory/defeat would be minimized by such a day (which, after all, should be a triumph or a defeat of the evil nazi german army against the good liberarting armies of the allies???
If you manage to find one single day to celebrate Geman tanks without "insulting" or "being ironic" vs the Allies, I do agree with ya: celebratng Pz IV for D-Day is "ironic" and we should have the e.g. Sherman  as the tanks of this months

I should have added russian...

Why? Did the russian tanks fight for D-Day? Except for the russians and the cossacks who have joined the Nazi Wehrmacht and Vlasov's army, what has USSR got to do with the D-Day?

I'm not that shitty, my grandfather was gassed in the war)

If you don't mind me asking such a question, where and how did that happen?
I am very curious to know, since for all I know, there has been no chemical warfare in the WW2.

You cannot take politics out of D-Day, this was the beginning of the end for 1 specific evil regime.. and I am taking about the Nazis' not Germans.

Look, I am not a nazi sympathiser (quite the opposite), but there is this thing to which I really like to point out: to many Eastern European Countries, German defeat meant simply Russian Victory. The rest of the allies didn't pay much attention to Eastern Europe, so... from another perspective, the Victory of USSR means the "comunist" regimes installed in some countries who did not want that, and some millions of people who went strauight to political emprisonement in very nasty conditons. Which is, after all, a thing very similar to the things Nazis were doing.
  I say that because I simply want to point out that what may mean V-Day and Liberation Day for some, to some others it means 45 years of tyranny.
So let's leave politics and "timing' aside, let's look to the people and the tanks. As a very nice song has. "the Russians (-in our case, the Germans) love their children too", meaning that in those beaches of Normandy the spilled blood has nothing to do with with nationality or ideology.
Ehe Brits, the Candians etc. , the Americans and the Germans have fought and died there, as well.
Let us honour them and enjoy the Pz IV family in the game.

grzech_p #53 Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26042 battles

View PostAriobarzanes, on 01 June 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

I am very curious to know, since for all I know, there has been no chemical warfare in the WW2.

Gas was comonly used in German/Nazi Death Camps.

ZWC #54 Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21673 battles

View Postgrzech_p, on 01 June 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

Gas was comonly used in German/Nazi Death Camps.

that was NO warfare! So has nothing to do with camical war...
If you don't untherstand that and really think that "Ariobarzanes" doesn't know about "deathcamps", I feel sorry for you for then it is obvious you're not getting the point.
And if any of you really knows about WW2 warfare... it's no secret that GB. cq. Churchill would have been willing to use chemicals against any enemy.
Germany never ever used chemicals even when they could use it to defend their last... they never broke the prommis.
Chapeau for them!

PS. the sick side off NAZI, killing almost 6mil., has nothing to do with warfare.!! America however did kill quit a few civilians in a blink. and even worse, they are proud about it

Edited by ZWC, 01 June 2012 - 05:18 PM.

ZWC #55 Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21673 battles
I hope we can end the conversation about politics for this "GAME" is not about that.

Let's focus on the Gift-shop and hope the Pz.IV Hydro will be in it soon.

Berbo #56 Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:10 AM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 32970 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
I would kindly ask to stay on-topic. Lets focus on June's calendar.

NeddySeagoon #57 Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:31 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3314 battles
So nothing in the gift shop at the moment except the same four deals?

Stiggy2011 #58 Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22897 battles
I like the tank of the month being a month long promotion it's more in keeping with its title.

Looking forward to Dday specials.

are there any offers with the military rally and tank fest towards the end of the month?

Homer_J #59 Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30428 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostShireknight, on 31 May 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

Is it just me or does the calendar say there are no specials on for four of the five weekends in June

IMO specials should never be on a weekend.

DingIsHere #60 Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 15970 battles
  • [4Q2] 4Q2

View PostBerbo, on 02 June 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

I would kindly ask to stay on-topic. Lets focus on June's calendar.
will do.. last comment to clarify a proper question he asked..

View PostAriobarzanes, on 01 June 2012 - 04:30 PM, said:

Sorry, I should have clarified, he was in Royal Garrison Artillery in the First WW, Northern France,
(He survived, but never full fit again)
One of the artillery guns from his Battery is in the Imperial War Museum, London

My other grandfather was Ground Rigger for the bomber boys in the Middle East in Second...

Edited by DingIsHere, 02 June 2012 - 02:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users