• 426 battles

POPULAR

LAST UPDATE : (10/25/2013)
The Gnome:
FOR THE RECORD. I'm not gnomefather. I'm just his thread monkey :P

Follow gnome now on twitter: @MagnusAndFerdie
Or on Facebook:http://www.facebook....46575829?ref=hl
LAST VERSION: 0.464
Gnomefather has thrown his hat into the ring for engine sounds once more! This time using sounds different than those from Forgotten Hope 2. Right now they're still in the beta stage as of the current update, and he's looking for any comments or critiques which can be sent to his username :gnomefather:
PREVIEW(old)
https://www.youtube....h?v=_VmizTf0n0I
Special Thanks:
  • Tho1528
  • drehstab
  • Hypersk
CURRENT DOWNLOADS:
Note: Make sure to allow mega to download large files. I've tested it personally on chrome and firefox. It appears to use an HTML5 download manager to download the file, then you can save it. If it doesn't work for you, try it with things such as no script disabled. As per usual, do not fall for fake download buttons. This should be obvious, as even our previous hosts tended to get them, but it seems to bare mentioning again.
With Radio:
https://mega.co.nz/#...ywTGTlTRzL8SEm4
Sans Radio:
https://mega.co.nz/#...e-3Ehu5UfzGR0tg
Important Note:
If you experience problems with performance, please post your computer specifications (graphics card, ram, processor) as well as a possible video or other information. Simply telling us "It's running badly" does not help us remedy the situation. Please note that this mod may be a little heavy due to its use of many different engine sounds, and if you're struggling to play WoT as-is it may not help your situation. Alternatives such as Nobleplatoon's engine sounds may help in these cases if you do not want to use the default engines, but suffer poor performance.
INSTALLATION NOTE!!!
To ensure proper installation, be sure to copy the entire audio folder from the res folder to res_mods/x.x/! Due to a bug, you will not hear any other sounds if you DO NOT do this! Extract the res and res_mods folder from the archive into the world of tanks main folder, and allow overwriting once you are done with the previous step.
FURTHER NOTE: If you are using WinZip or certain zip applications, the res and res_mods folders might not show up in the archive. For best results, use WinRar or, my preference, 7Zip (Completely free) to view the archive. Alternatively you might be able to extract the contents to a folder (full extract, not drag and drop) and it may extract the folders.

Edited by Novari, 02 December 2013 - 08:44 PM.

Novari #2 Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 426 battles
So far, noted improvements people have poked about on the US server have been increased idle volume, increased engine sound in-turret (sniper view). I'm just waiting for gnomefather to get on for the day to poke him about this.

Also, post in before Nobleplatoon comes on here screaming traitor at me :B

Edited by Novari, 05 June 2012 - 08:55 AM.

handgranaat #3 Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4219 battles
Is it only engine sounds or is he adding other stuff to?I have a sound mod now but its without crew voices BUT you hear the shells screaming from far and close +you hear distant gun fire(and thats what I really like about my mod).But these engine sounds are better and you hear "the commander".Maybe he could add the gunfire i was talking about and then im sold!Would like to give a plus but im out...

Novari #4 Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 426 battles

View Posthandgranaat, on 05 June 2012 - 09:04 AM, said:

Is it only engine sounds or is he adding other stuff to?I have a sound mod now but its without crew voices BUT you hear the shells screaming from far and close +you hear distant gun fire(and thats what I really like about my mod).But these engine sounds are better and you hear "the commander".Maybe he could add the gunfire i was talking about and then im sold!Would like to give a plus but im out...

He actually has a sound mod further down in the forum. I think the link is broken at the moment, but it has hits, weapons, and other sounds involved. Also, check nobleplatoon's threads. I know he had a music pack that replaced the music with battle sounds like distant firefighting.

Here's the US and EU thread link for his other sounds. I'm providing both in case the link is broken in one. Note the 3.7 sound download IS for the 3.8 sounds. He misnamed it:

http://forum.worldof...e-2-sound-pack/
http://forum.worldof...e-2-sound-pack/

Edited by Novari, 05 June 2012 - 09:11 AM.

handgranaat #5 Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 4219 battles
Thx alot!

DucLebowski #6 Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4897 battles
  • [VV] VV
Great work! One of the best engine mod.

It's the news of the century! I've waited so long for each tanks to have is proper sound and you did it. Thank you dude.

Edited by DucLebowski, 05 June 2012 - 01:30 PM.

Novari #7 Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 426 battles

View PostDucLebowski, on 05 June 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

Great work! One of the best engine mod.

It's the news of the century! I've waited so long for each tanks to have is proper sound and you did it. Thank you dude.

I'll pass the thanks onto gnomefather. Make sure to give him a plus 1 if you see him :) I'm merely his thread-post monkey.

NoblePlatoon #8 Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:11 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostNovari, on 05 June 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

Also, post in before Nobleplatoon comes on here screaming traitor at me :B
I am wounded...hurt...in emotional agony. How could you accuse me of that, Scyer? :arta:

Edited by NoblePlatoon, 05 June 2012 - 03:11 PM.

Halsey #9 Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 28802 battles
  • [-7TP-] -7TP-
Excellent! +1

Novari #10 Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 426 battles

View PostNoblePlatoon, on 05 June 2012 - 03:11 PM, said:

I am wounded...hurt...in emotional agony. How could you accuse me of that, Scyer? :arta:

:Smile-izmena:

lol

Edited by Novari, 05 June 2012 - 03:34 PM.

Mirmydon #11 Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5072 battles
The previews sound amazing, but I'm a bit confused as to which is the download link for the whole pack. Is it a choice between the two under downloads? Because their names led me to believe that each one only covered the sounds for the Tiger or the Panther. Is this actually the case, or do they contain sounds for all the vehicles?

Thanks for this amazing mod, sounds are just phenomenal! :Smile_great:

Novari #12 Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 426 battles

View PostMirmydon, on 05 June 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

The previews sound amazing, but I'm a bit confused as to which is the download link for the whole pack. Is it a choice between the two under downloads? Because their names led me to believe that each one only covered the sounds for the Tiger or the Panther. Is this actually the case, or do they contain sounds for all the vehicles?

Thanks for this amazing mod, sounds are just phenomenal! :Smile_great:

XD No,no. The difference is that one uses the panther sounds for some heavies, and the other uses the tiger sounds. The game only uses 4 or so sounds total for every engine in the game, so this is a choice between which of the last two you want. There ARE some other updates in 0.14, though. So if you have a recommendation outside the tiger sounds, make sure they aren't fixed in the panther pack :B

Mirmydon #13 Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 5072 battles
Thanks for the explanation. I'll try both for a while, but I think I prefer the panther sounds. What sounds does the Jagdpanther use by the way?

Novari #14 Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 426 battles

View PostMirmydon, on 05 June 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

Thanks for the explanation. I'll try both for a while, but I think I prefer the panther sounds. What sounds does the Jagdpanther use by the way?

I'd have to use a replay to be sure. Believe it or not the engines themselves indicate which sound they use. (hence one or two tanks change sounds after an upgrade)

Sandcross #15 Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 2909 battles
Epic Mod :D

Killerrox #16 Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12826 battles
  • [BKMA] BKMA
The Mod is realy realy gret thanks for that. But i have found 2 or 3 thinks that you can make better. First: The own vehicle sound is not loud enough or the sound of the other tanks are to loud. Second such russian and American tanks sounds realy great if you move but if you stay it's sound like toy. 3: Some of the Russian and American tanks sound in the Sniper mode like a Modern tank with turbine not like a old ww2 tank with a diesel.
Gretz

Gnomefather #17 Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 12621 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

View PostKillerrox, on 06 June 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

The Mod is realy realy gret thanks for that. But i have found 2 or 3 thinks that you can make better. First: The own vehicle sound is not loud enough or the sound of the other tanks are to loud. Second such russian and American tanks sounds realy great if you move but if you stay it's sound like toy. 3: Some of the Russian and American tanks sound in the Sniper mode like a Modern tank with turbine not like a old ww2 tank with a diesel.
Gretz

You can hear sounds of the muffeled engine and the ventilation shaft for the tank. IRL, the ventilation shaft sounded very similar to the one you hear. I'M NOT TRYING TO BRAG THAT MY SOUNDS ARE USING REAL RECORDINGS :Smile_amazed:

And I will change the idle sounds for sure.

But I won't make the engine's louder, unless you want to get dissorted sounds and blow up your speakers+ears. :Smile_trollface-3: <--Haha, they finally got this face working! :D

Instead I will make the other tanks more quiet than your own.

Edited by Gnomefather, 06 June 2012 - 02:26 PM.

Novari #18 Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 426 battles

View PostGnomefather, on 06 June 2012 - 02:23 PM, said:

You can hear sounds of the muffeled engine and the ventilation shaft for the tank. IRL, the ventilation shaft sounded very similar to the one you hear. I'M NOT TRYING TO BRAG THAT MY SOUNDS ARE USING REAL RECORDINGS :Smile_amazed:

And I will change the idle sounds for sure.

But I won't make the engine's louder, unless you want to get dissorted sounds and blow up your speakers+ears. :Smile_trollface-3: <--Haha, they finally got this face working! :D

Instead I will make the other tanks more quiet than your own.

Which works. NOW GET YOUR BUTT WORKING ON THAT NEW LEICHTRAKTOR REPLACEMENT SOUND >:V

Yes folks, we're making the leichtraktor have a bit more umph to it.

Novari #19 Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Player
  • 426 battles
New update!
Some volume adjustment, a new idle sound for the continental (Please give feedback on that one!) And the tiger sounds are now nice and on par with the panther's in terms of volume!

Epicolor #20 Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Player
  • 19140 battles
Awesome sounds. Going to try it.

Also tagged with gnomefather, engine, sound, pack, mod

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users