New forum section for Clan Diplomats

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
We are happy to announce the creation of a new section on the forums that will be dedicated to clan diplomacy.

Full news text

Gorzki #2 Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 39995 battles
  • [1PADX] 1PADX

Requirements to become a diplomat:

Fluent in English
Diplomat and Clan-Leaders can’t be the same person
Committed not to troll, nor flame. The debates are to be performed in a civil manner, regardless of the topic.

We are looking forward to hear about your diplomats and we would be glad for any kind of feedback from your side!

Curious - why exactly Clan Leader cannot be a diplomat?
Some ideological reason similar to that which doesn't allow to have someone who can move tokens but cannot allocate funds?

RegularLogic #3 Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 38194 battles
Clan leaders may over-react to what is said about their clans. Diplomats are able to filter the information and tone it down if it looks bad...

I look foward to this.

Gorzki #4 Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 39995 battles
  • [1PADX] 1PADX

View PostRegularLogic, on 11 June 2012 - 05:14 PM, said:

Clan leaders may over-react to what is said about their clans. Diplomats are able to filter the information and tone it down if it looks bad...

I look foward to this.

Are you serious? Like.... it is not their clan so they are not commited?

I know many clans and their clan leaders, in some diplomats and clan leaders are different people, but from what I found it works better if diplomatic stuff is done by the same people who make decisions.
Many fresh clan start with the idea that diplomat should be someone else then commander and only after they find out the hard way why it doesn't work out, they upgrade.

So I'm not amazed that wargaming employees who are forbidden to play Clan Wars have the mindset of fresh, inexperienced (that diplomatic for noobish :D) clans :D

but my question was for those who made such rule, not for players who are trying to guess their motives.

And it was sheer curiosity, since everytime there was some diplo stuff to do, I just connected proper teamspeak and got things done. It's not like how this forum section will look like is important.
Still.... I wonder why exactly that :D

Sharana #5 Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 17772 battles

View PostGorzki, on 11 June 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Many fresh clan start with the idea that diplomat should be someone else then commander and only after they find out the hard way why it doesn't work out, they upgrade.

Totally agreed :)

We have received a lot of feedback from you, our players, saying that it would make clan wars diplomacy far easier if there was a diplomacy forum in which Clan Diplomats could negotiate without anyone disturbing them. This forum would only be accessible by Clan Leaders and Diplomats, it would also be heavily moderated.

To be honest I don't really see a point. Every clan have a Team Speak with Diplo channel. If you want to negotiate something real - you go and talk personally. There is no need of chatting. If you make TS database visible only by Diplomats it would be better :)

WAROFHELIUM #6 Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11606 battles
allowing only deputys, commanders and diplomats in the clans for the forums is more what we asked so some random guy doesn't interfere sudenly

bugolina #7 Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

Corporal

• Clan Diplomat
  • 14801 battles
It's mandatory to be in positions of CL and Diplomat or lets say in my case, CL = Deputy Commander & Diplomat = other Deputy Commander? Most of clans dont use Commander position by an active member. On the other hand, you just encourage to exchange accounts between us, which is not allowed by EULA :Smile_glasses:

koz_rockhound #8 Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 24888 battles
  • [VTEP5] VTEP5
like seriously ? u want us to register here ? why the heck do u have diffrent names for the roles in the clan , was it so hard to make some kind of automated script that verifies if x player has diplomat status in clan or not and grants/revokes his/her rights accordingly ...... lazy lazy people ....

XxXSpottedYouXxX #9 Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

General

• Player
  • 23824 battles
  • [4077] 4077
Cool we have a diplomat who will do a fine job i hope i have some questions however.

As for Deputy Commander how would one go about getting the title on the forums so people know what ranks we are in our clan also may i respectfully ask our commander how would he go about getting the commander title in the forums i hope someone can solve the solution.

Many thanks and kind regards to all clans and tankers alike.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users