Rambo 5, is Rotten Tomatoes trolling me?

Bad movies

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Cuddly_Spider #1 Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:45 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28311 battles
I am a huge fan of bad movies. Cheese lines of awfully written dialogue spoken by people who couldn't hold a candle to the Antarctic Amateur Dramatics Society give me pure joy. Observe...

But what I've just read on Rotten Tomatoes is too much even for me.

http://www.rottentom....com/m/rambo-v/

Rambo V: The Savage Hunt.

In the near future, illegal medical experiments in the Pacific Northwest have created this nearly indestructible creature of incredible cunning and savagery. It goes on a rampage through the ranks of the research stations. To cover their blunder, the government sends out an elite team of special-operations warriors. The gang is led by John Rambo, a Vietnam War veteran born out of time and the best tracker in the world. Meanwhile, U.S. marshals are on the trail of the secret and the cover-up,  intervening in the action in an unexpected way.

Rambo isn't exactly Shakespeare but this is a bit of a break from the franchise as I know it (it being a crappy macho bulletfest and not a sci fi horror thing). And as if that isn't bad enough, the film will also apparently have Mickey Rourke in it.

I've got two questions here. Is that legit, or did someone on Rotten tomatoes just make it up? And if this abomination is produced would anyone here actually go and watch this.

hazzin #2 Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:30 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15859 battles
What is wrong on Mickey Rourke? But yeah, it kinda looks like flop. Definitely a big deviation from the old ones.

Cuddly_Spider #3 Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:50 AM

Major

• Player
  • 28311 battles

View Posthazzin, on 13 June 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

What is wrong on Mickey Rourke?

Have you seen Passion Play yet?

When a man makes a movie like that he has to spend a reasonable period of time as a hate figure (George Clooney after 'Batman & Robin' for example, or Riddley Scott and Russel Crowe after 'A Good Year').

hazzin #4 Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15859 battles
You're right, Passion Play is horrible. But did you see Wrestler? He was amazing in it. But I'll give you that, he played in a lot of awful movies. And I guess even if he pulls the Wrestler performance, that Rambo will still suck.

Roebuck34 #5 Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21658 battles
  • [SAT] SAT
for the sake of every one i hope they are trolling :Smile-hiding:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users