Jump to content


New T10's when, what partially explained.


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

Prohibition #1 Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15759 battles
  • 1,315
  • [BASE] BASE
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011
There are many posts about new T10 tanks when, where, how??? So I have gone through several posts and will summarize some facts that are confirmed and some that are speculations. I hope this post will answer some of your questions.

No official specs are given so this is only based on player comments.

Release date: On RU forum SerB wrote ( "confirmed" ) that new T10 MT & TD will be released in 7.5 patch so that will put it some where around 09.2012 ( give or take a few months knowing WG )

EXP: Overlord wrote that we can expect same amount of exp for T10 MT & TD as for HT so around 180-220k will be needed ( maybe even more )

COST: Since T10 HT are at 6M we can expect that new T10 MT & TD will also be priced at this rate so around 6M.

1. Tier 10 medium tanks

USSR: T-62A

Some facts about this tank are explained at this post:
http://forum.worldof...62a-fact-sheet/

In short it will pack 100mm gun D-54TC and not the

115 mm U-5TS

smoothbore gun as some players have stated since this is T-62A not T62.

T-62 was a developed from T-55 and was produced from 1961, while T-62A is a

predecessor of T-62. It was essentially a stretched T-55 with some improvements.

GERMAN: E-50 Ausf M

Some blueprints ( don't know if they are accurate )
http://forum.worldof...54-e-50-ausf-m/

Here we can expect same thing as current E-50, maybe some better armor but gun is the same. It will have some "advantages" like rear engine and transmission ( since they are nerfing current E line by moving transmission to front we can call this a buff or just pre 7.4 E-50 ). It will have it's turret moved to front a bit so it will have some advantage at peekaboo game play.

USA: Patton III

Some posts speculating what it will have:
http://forum.worldof...10-medium-tank/

In short we can expect better accuracy, rof and/or dmg from the new gun. Possible improvements could also include better speed and mobility and armor. We will have to wait for official specs.

FRANCE: BatChat 25t

Well we all know this tank, those who have it love it and those who face it hate it....
All french tanks starting at AMX 12t will be moved tier up and new ELC AMX will be french T5 tank.

At Bat we can expect better gun, mobility and/or speed. In short new CW scout, in "expert" hands death on wheels.

2. Tier 10 tank destroyers

USSR: Object 268

Some player info on it ( not official ):
http://forum.worldof...68-information/

From this tank we can expect better frontal armor, better mobility. New gun but for it's specs we will have to wait.

GERMAN: JagdPz E-100

Some player info:
http://forum.worldof...n-the-stug-100/
http://forum.worldof...-with-17cm-pak/

Technically speaking this should be a beast, 17cm gun, E-100 chassis. It should be able to one-shoot anything up to T8 ( with penetrating shoot ), but this only my opinion and we will have to wait for WG to know the reality.
We can expect slow turning, slow rof, high dmg, high value armor.

USA: T110E3 & T110E4

Some player info/posts:
http://forum.worldof...3-and-t-110-e4/

T110E3 will pack same gun as T95 155mm At gun T7. Armor will be same as on T95 or less ( if less we can expect better mobility, speed ). It could have better rof, and overall speed. ( They should have placed T95 as T10 and T110E3 as T9 :Smile_sad: )

T110E4 same gun as T30 155mm At gun T7. It will have partially rotating turret 180 degrees. What to expect I don't know perhaps better rof, mobility and higher hull armor.

France: AMX 50 Foch

Some player posts:
http://forum.worldof...85-amx-50-foch/
http://forum.worldof...ew-amx-50-foch/

Since french TD tree is not yet released ( only on test server ) I don't know what to expect with this tank. From what we know french TD same as HT and MT line has high speed, great mobility, paper armor and auto-loaders and this T10 TD will have one. We can expect 3 fast shots ( enough to kill a T9 or seriously damage T10 if all pen since avg dmg is shown for T9 to be at 300-500 and pen 200-334 ) and after 3 shots are made a 50-60 sec reload time.


There is no news on release date of British tanks.
German Leo 1 according to Overlord will be released in the future ( some players speculate that it will be second MT line continuing VK 3002 (DB) ), not sure if that is correct but only the time will tell.
There is also some speculations that 7.5 patch could bring some buff to E line ( E-100 ) if the rumors are any true this is a good news, but we will have to wait.
What I would like to see in the future is a Tier 10 arty :Smile_trollface-3:.

Prohibition #2 Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15759 battles
  • 1,315
  • [BASE] BASE
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011
One note: Players that own Bat at T9 will get Bat T10 free, so grind lorr to get bat before new T10's are released so you may save 6M. Also don't sell lorr before patch and after it is released sell it because at T9 it will cost more and by selling it later you could make a profit :Smile_blinky:

Edited by Prohibition, 14 June 2012 - 10:36 AM.


Steffenximus #3 Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10608 battles
  • 2,319
  • Member since:
    05-16-2011
You can bet your life the new russian medium and TD will be better than the rest.

EickhardtSr #4 Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17389 battles
  • 2,083
  • Member since:
    03-15-2011
Nice summery post...

Regarding the JagdPz E-100, I can't see any fun playing it... The maps there is to play and the fast pace a battle has, doesn't fit this monster... Imagine you driving it and now two fast French tanks comes along. A Froch and a Bat Cat. 155, a TD and a SPG, they will circle around you untill you are killed. The Bat Cat. 155 can do it on his own tho...

And a slow rat firing gun... T30 over again... You miss, get a 0 damage hit or bounch, you are kind of doomed...

View PostProhibition, on 14 June 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

One note: Players that own Bat at T9 will get Bat T10 free, so grind lorr to get bat before new T10's are released so you may save 6M. Also don't sell lorr before patch and after it is released sell it because at T9 it will cost more and by selling it later you could make a profit :Smile_blinky:

Thanks for the reminder... :Smile_great:

Edited by EickhardtSr, 14 June 2012 - 11:01 AM.


Szturmi #5 Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 4961 battles
  • 1,607
  • [HIS] HIS
  • Member since:
    07-02-2010

View PostProhibition, on 14 June 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

Release date: On RU forum SerB wrote ( "confirmed" ) that new T10 MT & TD will be released in 7.5 patch so that will put it some where around 09.2012 ( give or take a few months knowing WG )

[...]
German Leo 1 according to Overlord will be released in the future ( some players speculate that it will be second MT line continuing VK 3002 (DB) ), not sure if that is correct but only the time will tell.
There is also some speculations that 7.5 patch could bring some buff to E line ( E-100 ) if the rumors are any true this is a good news, but we will have to wait.
What I would like to see in the future is a Tier 10 arty :Smile_trollface-3:.


0.7.4 is being released now, so I think that 0.7.5 in September is very, very pessimistic.

Leopard 1 is not only according to Overlord but also according to SerB. And it was SerB who said that it wil be second line growing from VK3002DB with Indien-Panzer in it too.

According E-100 HT buff, there will be many rebalances in 0.7.5 so can be some changes in E-100 HT. Details are unknown even to devs, cause balance will be final after testing.

There will be no tier IX and X artys, said by SerB.

I should give you +, but run out of them, sorry :)

Edited by Szturmi, 14 June 2012 - 11:02 AM.


Wolfesblut #6 Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:03 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15637 battles
  • 3,695
  • [READ] READ
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011
One (penetrating)hit of the 17.4 cm and any frenchy will be reduced to a smoking wreck...

Prohibition #7 Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15759 battles
  • 1,315
  • [BASE] BASE
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostWolfesblut, on 14 June 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

One (penetrating)hit of the 17.4 cm and any frenchy will be reduced to a smoking wreck...

it will be like this:

e.g. Amx 13 90 is driving along, e-100 17.4cm spots him, fires at him and he hears Penetration but 0 dmg....

I think this is more likely scenario considering the number of 0dmg penetrating hit we are getting lately.

hope they fix that soon

Prohibition #8 Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15759 battles
  • 1,315
  • [BASE] BASE
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostSzturmi, on 14 June 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

There will be no tier IX and X artys, said by SerB.

I should give you +, but run out of them, sorry :)

Yeah I know this ( IX and X arty ) is more of my "wet" dream :Smile_veryhappy:  than reality.

Thx, thought is that counts.

grayfoxCode #9 Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:48 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17528 battles
  • 160
  • [TAC] TAC
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011
Just a note on the French tier 10 td, I doubt the reload will be anywhere near that long. The 50B he a reload of 29 seconds for a 4 shot auto loader, do I would guess it will be between 15 and 25 seconds. Just speculation though.

Lord_WC #10 Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17662 battles
  • 3,685
  • [H4CHI] H4CHI
  • Member since:
    02-21-2011

View PostProhibition, on 14 June 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

From what we know french TD same as HT and MT line has high speed, great mobility, paper armor and auto-loaders and this T10 TD will have one. We can expect 3 fast shots ( enough to kill a T9 or seriously damage T10 if all pen since avg dmg is shown for T9 to be at 300-500 and pen 200-334 ) and after 3 shots are made a 50-60 sec reload time.
French tds actually have awesome armor. Foch on the test server currently fields a 180mm@60o (should be around 300mm LoS) which can be further angled a bit. The seeemingly weak spots (rangefinders I think, it looks like a hammerhead shark) are 0 damage areas. So no, no paper armor, this thing is hell to take out 1 on 1.

I also debate that 50-60 sec reload time. That would mean a RoF of 3 with a gun that does 400 damage - so an awesome dps of 1200. As o704/JT/T95 all have dpm in the 2,5-3k range if we make a cautious prediction of 2500 dpm (with the standard 2,5s interval between shots) that would mean a 20-23s reload time. And I would say it's bare maximum since we are setting a t10 tank's dpm to t9 standards. I personally expect something more in the 15-20s range.

Ectar #11 Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

    English Community Manager

  • WG Staff
  • 6118 battles
  • 6,790
  • [WG] WG
  • Member since:
    05-10-2012

View PostSteffenximus, on 14 June 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

You can bet your life the new russian medium and TD will be better than the rest.

I think you really mean

Quote

"You can bet your life that some players will claim the new russian medium and TD will be better than the rest"

Last I checked the American and German mediums and TD lines are extremely popular and have a huge support and player base.

The Pershing Panther II and Lorraine are great tanks with their own different styles. If the TD's were OP then eeeeeveryone would be in Object 704 and ISU-152.  I don't see that myself. I see tons of Ferdinand's, t95's Jagdtigers....  Russian bias claims on the forums is as exciting and new as Chuck Norris jokes and last years memes (ya rly!) I would strongly suggest people try playing something other than Russian and you'll be surprised at the performance of the other tiers and nations.

Lord_WC #12 Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17662 battles
  • 3,685
  • [H4CHI] H4CHI
  • Member since:
    02-21-2011

View PostProhibition, on 14 June 2012 - 11:41 AM, said:

it will be like this:

e.g. Amx 13 90 is driving along, e-100 17.4cm spots him, fires at him and he hears Penetration but 0 dmg....

I think this is more likely scenario considering the number of 0dmg penetrating hit we are getting lately.

hope they fix that soon

It's actually fixed, I rarely received those on the test server. The tradeoff - now you get shot by a 88 HE in your maus mantlet and 3 crew members are dead (exaggeration, sure, but the situation is bad).

Prohibition #13 Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 15759 battles
  • 1,315
  • [BASE] BASE
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostLord_WC, on 14 June 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

French tds actually have awesome armor. Foch on the test server currently fields a 180mm@60o (should be around 300mm LoS) which can be further angled a bit. The seeemingly weak spots (rangefinders I think, it looks like a hammerhead shark) are 0 damage areas. So no, no paper armor, this thing is hell to take out 1 on 1.

I also debate that 50-60 sec reload time. That would mean a RoF of 3 with a gun that does 400 damage - so an awesome dps of 1200. As o704/JT/T95 all have dpm in the 2,5-3k range if we make a cautious prediction of 2500 dpm (with the standard 2,5s interval between shots) that would mean a 20-23s reload time. And I would say it's bare maximum since we are setting a t10 tank's dpm to t9 standards. I personally expect something more in the 15-20s range.

That is nice armor.

ROF is something we will have to wait and see. I only know that in my lorr with 100mm gun reload time is 49sec but with 6 shots so you could be right with 3 shots 20-30sec reload is possible.

Paaranoja #14 Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 26504 battles
  • 2,738
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    11-03-2010
Note that obj 268 is based on IS-8 (t-10) hull so "Jagdtiger has horible frontal protection" cries are put in perspective. Tier 10 TD with frontal protection that wont stand against even the short 88 :D

AceF #15 Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 11419 battles
  • 695
  • Member since:
    07-06-2010
Hmm, DO I really need tp play my Lorr again? Oh well, it is fully upgraded, so I only need to grind a millon xp to the damn Batmobile -_-

Lorry is nerfed since I played it last aswell, meow, can hardlyy remember how to play it

Malacay #16 Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 13709 battles
  • 372
  • Member since:
    09-01-2010

View PostEctar, on 14 June 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

I think you really mean


Last I checked the American and German mediums and TD lines are extremely popular and have a huge support and player base.

The Pershing Panther II and Lorraine are great tanks with their own different styles. If the TD's were OP then eeeeeveryone would be in Object 704 and ISU-152.  I don't see that myself. I see tons of Ferdinand's, t95's Jagdtigers....  Russian bias claims on the forums is as exciting and new as Chuck Norris jokes and last years memes (ya rly!) I would strongly suggest people try playing something other than Russian and you'll be surprised at the performance of the other tiers and nations.

Well with the frontal Gearbox nerf incoming we will see a lot less Jagdtigers, E-50, E-75 and KTs...
Never saw another nations tanks get their engine shot up and on fire from taking a hit the FRONT...

Will be especially enjoyable in the E-50 when a good aimed shot stops you and either damages your engine, sets it on fire or outright destroys it...
How anyone could have come up with something like this even if its proven that the E-50 and E-75 would get their Transmission in the back is beyond me.
Gameplay wise the E-50 will suffer the most of this nerf... a medium that can be stopped in its tracks from one hit in the front? Yeah reeeeeaaallly great idea... :Smile_trollface-3:

Lord_WC #17 Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17662 battles
  • 3,685
  • [H4CHI] H4CHI
  • Member since:
    02-21-2011

View PostMalacay, on 14 June 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

Well with the frontal Gearbox nerf incoming we will see a lot less Jagdtigers, E-50, E-75 and KTs...
Never saw another nations tanks get their engine shot up and on fire from taking a hit the FRONT...

Will be especially enjoyable in the E-50 when a good aimed shot stops you and either damages your engine, sets it on fire or outright destroys it...
How anyone could have come up with something like this even if its proven that the E-50 and E-75 would get their Transmission in the back is beyond me.
Gameplay wise the E-50 will suffer the most of this nerf... a medium that can be stopped in its tracks from one hit in the front? Yeah reeeeeaaallly great idea... :Smile_trollface-3:
Yes, it's much better that your tank either blows up outright or gets ammo racked (USSR), or a hummel hits you for 1 billion damage in a 10m miss(USA/France)...

Seriously, I know that those problems are the most pressing that includes tanks you drive, but for a change, could you try to put things into perspective for a bit?

Regarding the 'proven' thing - nothing is proven. The same guy that the transmissiongate whiners so lovingly referenced to (Doyle) expressed his firm oppinion that the E series would've been built with front transmissions.

enu_ #18 Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 12814 battles
  • 2,325
  • [IMUP] IMUP
  • Member since:
    08-18-2010
AMX 13 90 will be Tier 8 Light?

deveen23 #19 Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30619 battles
  • 5,483
  • [322] 322
  • Member since:
    06-30-2011

View PostProhibition, on 14 June 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:


There is no news on release date of British tanks.

Overlord said couple of times they will come with 8.0, SerB said 8.x.

3Form #20 Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 12383 battles
  • 1,804
  • [BIRDS] BIRDS
  • Member since:
    09-09-2010

View PostProhibition, on 14 June 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:

One note: Players that own Bat at T9 will get Bat T10 free, so grind lorr to get bat before new T10's are released so you may save 6M. Also don't sell lorr before patch and after it is released sell it because at T9 it will cost more and by selling it later you could make a profit :Smile_blinky:

Source?