Supermarket WoT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

Listy #1 Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 12095 battles
So for my Sins I stopped at the local Supermarket. I normally avoid the sodding place at the weekend, as by the time I exit I feel like getting a shotgun and halting the zombie apocalypse right there.

Today it wasn't that bad, and in a calmer mind I spotted something.

Walking around I noticed that a supermarket has an alarming similarity to the first 30 seconds of a game of WoT, only slightly slower. You basically have an area with large numbers of people. Not paying attention to their surroundings in control of wheeled metal things.

It First struck me when I had to jump out of the way of some moose who was reversing against the flow of traffic. Then I got forced off the isle by someone staring to the left as they drifted right. The Final Give away was when I stopped to let someone else go past, and got a trolled rammed into my by someone tail gating.
Normally there's also Spawn sitting in the child seat screaming, which alas is also like WoT. Luckily those were missing today.

So next time I have to go to a supermarket on a weekend, I think I'll take my T-26, as that can corner like you wouldn't believe, and has an ice rapid-fire gun for cleaning out the fools in front.

Edited by Listy, 17 June 2012 - 01:45 PM.

Murphy1up #2 Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-
Did you pick up any canned foot and throw it just in front of people as a warning shot?

Did anyone else drive away shouting "cheese counter, cheese counter, cheese counter, cheese counter, fast trollies to the cheese counter?

As a male shopper, turning down the wrong isle with female specific items makes me feel like a T-50 who has just turned into a road with 2 T110E5 and a T-95 aiming at me...I immediately regret this decision!

Listy #3 Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 12095 battles

View PostEctar, on 17 June 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

Did you pick up any canned foot and throw it just in front of people as a warning shot?

Canned Foot? Is this some ghastly northern dish, like a munchy box? :Smile-tongue:  Unless you mean "food"? In that case I think the Moderator Rent'a'cop Security guard might have complained. There again we're both soft southern shandy drinkers :Smile-hiding:

View PostEctar, on 17 June 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

As a male shopper, turning down the wrong isle with female specific items makes me feel like a T-50 who has just turned into a road with 2 T110E5 and a T-95 aiming at me...I immediately regret this decision!

You can get lost there's so many of those isles. Its even worse looking for the mens underwear, as that's one small isle surrounded by billions of female clothing items. And it keeps moving!

One of my mates does have a theory. If he walks around with a few ready meals in his basket looking forlorn, then he can pull when some lass takes pity. Its not worked yet.

Edited by Listy, 17 June 2012 - 06:29 PM.

DougHole #4 Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7178 battles
Great post and replies :Smile_veryhappy:

Murphy1up #5 Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 11249 battles
  • [-QQ-] -QQ-
Canned FOOD!  Noooooooooo I made a woopsie! haha!

I'm Scottish Listy, as I love Haggis i'd probably love canned foot too haha!

Listy #6 Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 12095 battles

View PostEctar, on 17 June 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

I'm Scottish Listy,

I know, but we forgive you :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_veryhappy:

(Sorry, you walked into that one...)

Supernashwan #7 Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9497 battles
You forget the open jaw, mouth breathers standing blankly in front of the tasty food item I want to buy, or the dead stoppers in the midle of the aisle.

The supermarket fills me with fury, the amount normally based on the price range of the store, Asda gets some really special bottom feeders, whilst M&S gets return of the living dead, that makes no sense I hate them all :Smile-izmena:

I tend to have a shopping "route" plan in my head to minimise time shopping, I hold the record of getting around our IKEA and buying what I wanted in approx 14mins, all through proper route planning oh and almost skittling an entire asian family browsing in bathroom accessories.

So yes quite like WoT

And haggis is very tasty with some mash and gravy mm mmmmmm :Smile-playing:

Listy #8 Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 12095 battles
I used to work nights, so my body clock was 12 hours out of sink with everyone else's. I'll tell you the best it e to go to a supermarket is 0000 hours. There's abut 6 shoppers in the entire store and you get to know the staff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users