Calling for advice on mice

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Kosakken #1 Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21661 battles
  • [DUGS] DUGS
A couple of hours ago, my trusted mouse, a "Microsoft Model 1007, Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0" took a hit to the ammo-rack, and yes, the grenades DID explode!
Yes, I checked the normal reasons for a dead mouse, and trust me, it's gone! :arta:

Since I now need a new one, I thought I might as well ask you guys if there is a mouse you've enjoyed this game particularly well with? :Smile-playing:

I've told you the make and model of my old mouse to point out that I'm NOT looking for a small or light-weight mouse, I want them large, firm and heavy! (Yes, mice among other things.) :Smile_Default:

I appreciate any serious advice, thank you.

Ew_ #2 Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:53 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36920 battles
  • [E-50M] E-50M
MX518

BattleMetalChris #3 Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9222 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I had a Microsoft mouse die on me a few years ago and just emailed MS support and they sent me a new one! I was fairly amazed as I'd had it a few years (and I have no idea if they still do that) but it's certainly worth a try.

Edited by BattleMetalChris, 18 June 2012 - 12:38 PM.

Kosakken #4 Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21661 battles
  • [DUGS] DUGS
Thanx for the advice guys.
Chris: I'll never be that lucky. And I live in Denmark with a very restrictive warranty-law which means providers very rarely go beyond their mandatory duty once they're off the hook.
Ew: I got myself an MX518 today, but sofar it's very small and light. I hope it'll grow on me.

Ew_ #5 Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:02 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36920 battles
  • [E-50M] E-50M

View PostKosakken, on 18 June 2012 - 08:20 PM, said:

Thanx for the advice guys.
Chris: I'll never be that lucky. And I live in Denmark with a very restrictive warranty-law which means providers very rarely go beyond their mandatory duty once they're off the hook.
Ew: I got myself an MX518 today, but sofar it's very small and light. I hope it'll grow on me.
Very small? ha people think it is very large.
But no sorry i didnt mean it like that, was too busy to write a proper answer. When it comes to Mice and Keyboards personal preference is above everything else.

The MX518 is just a legendary classic. Logitech tried to kill it many times with "replacements" but it was just too popular. Still their best seller amongst gamers. I have run with them since 2002 starting with MX500. On an original Icemat from 2001 that i still use. After a while i noticed that my later on MX510, damn they are light! So i opend it up and glued two mutters on each side of the optical reader and used it for many years. Actually the underside was so worn down it was plain flat/blank, no trace of anything. But eventually its cable broke which forced me onto MX518. Did the same with it. And it has lasted since i got it :)

But the legendary part of it is the optical reader which beats any laser or new optical reader, its response and such is just. Off the charts. For total accuracy nomatter what surface you are on, which allows you to use heavy mousemats with much resistance. Unlike laser that bumps on each little hole and such. MX518 has a great lift which means you can . Well it is hard to explain. It is just. The Optical Reader on the MX518 has yet to be surpassed. Even by logitech.

MX518 is a legendary classic, the only mouse Logitech are too afraid to end.

But try your way forward, personal preference beats all else. What is best for someone is not good for someone else. Just like tanks in WoT.

Edited by Ew_, 19 June 2012 - 01:08 AM.

Kosakken #6 Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 21661 battles
  • [DUGS] DUGS
I generally find that 95% of mice feels too small for me, even though my hands are quite ordinarily sized. ??!?
When I get around to it, I'll try gluing some extra weight in it, thanks for the tip.

I DO agree that the precision seems flawless. 3600 dpi is OK, and it works on all surfaces I've tried sofar.

Demoned #7 Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7900 battles
  • [AXON] AXON
and here i thought this was a post for help for some ones pets lol :P
you just can't fend off old age i guess, seeing i saw advice on mouse and i thought animal straight away XD

but bk on topic i find most of the "Razer" make, to be a good sturdy they can take alot of abuse, had mine for 4 years now and its never let me down,
also has about 6-10 buttons dependent on the model u go for and all can be programed into hot keys,
call for help at a click priceless

link to their homepage but you can easily find them in most PC stores

http://www.razerzone.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users