Lorraine 40t a joke?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
115 replies to this topic

koberko #21 Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14486 battles
  • [-CMP-] -CMP-
Are you guys playing with different Lorraine or what?

Here are my stats:
games played: 73
victories: 69%
destroyed: 95
average xp: 791

And here are some stats from my friend who also drives Lorraine:
games played: 56
victories: 61%
destroyed: 40
average xp: 583

So, eider you have a different tank, or you need to change your play style.

Toffeli #22 Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 11499 battles
  • [POP] POP
Use the 90mm gun. I did even before the nerfs (and it's firing speed wasn't nerfed) since it fits the nature of random battles better and still has good enough penetration.

koberko #23 Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14486 battles
  • [-CMP-] -CMP-

View PostX101, on 19 June 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

Well tnx all for reply think that bothers me is siting helpless for to long feeling useless and watching match being lost or friendlies killed and there is not a damn thing you can do :(

I guess it's just me and way i look at things then again i do play it like support but just doesn't feel right at least not for me.

cya out there
Here is tip what I do; first, I wait a bit for my heavies to get to front lines. When I see what we are dealing with, then I run on one side of map and empty my 6 bullets (till then I reload). After that, I usually don't wait, or hide, but I rather use reload time to get to other side of map, and help there. And I do that kind of back and forth driving in each reload. With top engine, u usually get to other side of map just in time when I reload.
And on plus side, not that you just help on all sides, but you also manage to confuse enemies; it happens a lot that some of their meds dies because he thinks I'm hiding and reloading, but I'm on my way to other side, and he dies from my teammates fire while searching for me.
But most important tip; watch your target and tanks around it! If you see that he has started to turn his turret to you, RUN! Don't wait for next bullet (I died a lot of times waiting for "just one more bullet"). It's way better to move away, reposition, and try to flank from other side, or wait in cover till he turns turret to someone else. Unfortunatly, sometimes you just have to be "pussy" while playing with this tank, and let someone else take a shot; usually they have a lot more chance to survive it then you do. :Smile-hiding:

And one more fun thing I like to do :Smile_trollface-3:
When you are one-on-one with someone, shoot 1 or 2 bullets, hide and start to act like you are reloading, and are out of bullets... And when they come after you, all happy for easy kill... just turn to them and say "ho, sorry; I totally forgot: I have 4 more hot ones for you". And if it turns out that you won't be able to klill him with last two bullets; last one shoot at their track to track them; they will be easy target for rest of your team, and they won't be able to follow you to cover to actually reload.
P.S. this works with all french auto-reload tanks ;)

Edited by koberko, 05 July 2012 - 01:12 AM.

Skalski #24 Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24290 battles
I just bought one after a more than pleasant experience with the 13/90 and despite presently being slugging and underarmed, I'm getting the same feeling about it as I once had about the T-44. Great potential.

koberko #25 Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14486 battles
  • [-CMP-] -CMP-
Here is one example match: http://www.wot-replays.org/replay/500676238-ruinberg-04072012214151
And a example of how it looks when there are 3 Lorraine tanks in platoon: http://www.wot-repla...2012173905.html

Nirvana #26 Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18988 battles
I have a question for those of you who also have a Bat Chat. Thing is, I hated the Lorraine. I hated it so much I went on and bought a bunch of gold, converted free XP and skipped it. It's not that it isn't a good tank, I'm fully aware of it's potential. I just didn't enjoy it, not my type of tank. I prefer to brawl and I prefer close range engagements. Plus the aim time was simply killing me (may not matter to most, but for my play style it's very important). I should also say that I absolutely love the AMX 13 90, one of my favourite tanks. So, do you think that going for the Bat Chat (already unlocked) is a good idea? Besides getting a free tier 10. Although the aim time is the same (makes me sad), it does look like a better brawler. Thoughts?

MadInAShed #27 Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 20850 battles
  • [TYTI] TYTI
there is no such thing as a French brawling tank (they have no armour. at all.)

The batchat is better than the lorraine, purely in the fact that the reload comes down to 40 seconds, and the time between shells down to 2.5 so it is altogether more manageable.

However, the batchat corners like it has no steering and accuracy on the move is non existant. like seriously non existant, you have more chance of shooting yourself than the enemy it is so bad!

jk123 #28 Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4023 battles
its too big imo, I like it but its too big

TANKRACCER #29 Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 22489 battles
  • [HHMDP] HHMDP
Lorraine is a funny Tank, the only Thing is the Reload time, I have 100% crew with Brothers in Arms at 100% and installed the vent, my reloading time still sucks hard, 47,05sec. is a way to long. if you calculate the dps between 100mm  and 90 mm you will see that the 90mm has a little higher dps than the 100mm, isnt there something wrong?. The better Gun makes lesser dmg per minute. At Garage it shows me, rounds per Minute 4,83. Just round it up on 5 rpm or 5,20 and everything will be fine.

Done!

Blade87

Edited by Blade87, 07 July 2012 - 01:14 PM.

_Gebe_ #30 Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24941 battles
only had the lorry after the nerf. still an amazing tank. the only downside is the 49 sec reload. but still lots of fun in it.

koberko #31 Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14486 battles
  • [-CMP-] -CMP-

View PostBlade87, on 07 July 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

Lorraine is a funny Tank, the only Thing is the Reload time, I have 100% crew with Brothers in Arms at 100% and installed the vent, my reloading time still sucks hard, 47,05sec. is a way to long. if you calculate the dps between 100mm  and 90 mm you will see that the 90mm has a little higher dps than the 100mm, isnt there something wrong?. The better Gun makes lesser dmg per minute. At Garage it shows me, rounds per Minute 4,83. Just round it up on 5 rpm and everything will be fine.

Done!

Blade87
That's true about dps for 100mm gun
On paper 100mm gun makes 1527 damg/min, and 90mm 1610 damg/min
So, wuld you rather have on your Lorraine  75mm gun from AMX 13 75? He deals 1793 dmg/min, and reload his magazine in 17 sec...:Smile_Default:

... big difference is not damage... it's penetration. Lorraine usually gets high tier matches, and better dps and reload time are no use to you if you can't penetrate tank you are aiming at... with 100mm I can pen. Maus, I can pen I7, and so on... And you won't have problems with other tier 8 and tier 9 mediums; this cannon cuts Type59 like butter :) (but still, avoid type's front side of turret) So in general, you waste less bullets on bounces, and in total, deal more damage.

I usually play with two of my friends in platoon; they also have Lorrains, but they have 90mm cannon; and almost all matches, I'm one with most kills, xp and credits, while they get "sniper" medals.

Edited by koberko, 07 July 2012 - 03:14 PM.

scafa #32 Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 14411 battles

View PostNirvana, on 05 July 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

So, do you think that going for the Bat Chat (already unlocked) is a good idea?

I think you'd like Bat more than Lorraine, yes. I found Lorraine annoying to play myself, because it's not versatile at all. The size and lack of armor and gun depression makes it awkward to play as it's only effective in a narrow set of circumstances. That said it is very effective used correctly.

Bat feels like it has more in common with AMX 13 90 than Lorraine. I think the biggest difference is the much heavier weight you're given by the matchmaker forcing you to pull a lot more weight for your team. AMX 13 90 is on par with tier 7 heavies and tier 8 mediums which isn't a struggle at all. Bat being extremely vulnerable and weighed like a tier 9 heavy can go wrong horribly fast leaving a big hole in your team. So I find it a bit stressful to drive, but a lot more fun than Lorraine ever was. I did also keep AMX 13 90 in my garage for the awesomeness.

Moving to tier 10 is great for Bats in CWs, but not sure how tier 10 mediums are going to function in randoms assuming they're weighed the same as tier 10 heavies.

finalsacre #33 Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 3227 battles

Here is tip what I do; first, I wait a bit for my heavies to get to front lines. When I see what we are dealing with, then I run on one side of map and empty my 6 bullets (till then I reload). After that, I usually don't wait, or hide, but I rather use reload time to get to other side of map, and help there. And I do that kind of back and forth driving in each reload. With top engine, u usually get to other side of map just in time when I reload.
And on plus side, not that you just help on all sides, but you also manage to confuse enemies; it happens a lot that some of their meds dies because he thinks I'm hiding and reloading, but I'm on my way to other side, and he dies from my teammates fire while searching for me.
But most important tip; watch your target and tanks around it! If you see that he has started to turn his turret to you, RUN! Don't wait for next bullet (I died a lot of times waiting for "just one more bullet"). It's way better to move away, reposition, and try to flank from other side, or wait in cover till he turns turret to someone else. Unfortunatly, sometimes you just have to be "pussy" while playing with this tank, and let someone else take a shot; usually they have a lot more chance to survive it then you do. :Smile-hiding:

And one more fun thing I like to do :Smile_trollface-3:
When you are one-on-one with someone, shoot 1 or 2 bullets, hide and start to act like you are reloading, and are out of bullets... And when they come after you, all happy for easy kill... just turn to them and say "ho, sorry; I totally forgot: I have 4 more hot ones for you". And if it turns out that you won't be able to klill him with last two bullets; last one shoot at their track to track them; they will be easy target for rest of your team, and they won't be able to follow you to cover to actually reload.
P.S. this works with all french auto-reload tanks ;)

Very good advice !

Edited by koberko, 05 July 2012 - 01:12 AM.

Nirvana #34 Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18988 battles
@Scafa: thanks a lot for the tips. Cheers ;)

Jack_Sparroxx #35 Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 59944 battles
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP
It's bar far the most crappy Tier 8 medium  tank so far when in stock mode. And I have all 4 of them. This tank is sluggish and huge, gun is pretty shit for tier 8 too. It almost feels as bad as driving a stock Tiger tank. Even the T-44 have a better tank then this lorraine.

I hope will be better when upgraded a bit, or I might have to give up on getting a bat chat.

GTRaPToR #36 Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22856 battles
You can't take DPM seriously on paper armoured tanks with revolver system. It doesn't show anything.

TordinVarglund #37 Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:26 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 6686 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
sup

Posted Image

Thats 90% solo, admitedly pre-nerfs but that doesnt mean the tank as was any fun to play. I hated every second of it.Too big and clumsy, more prone to module damage than any other tank period and no gun depression.

Vahal #38 Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16075 battles
  • [BIMA] BIMA
And since 0.7.4 modules damages are just silly, one shot you can lose four modules! And it's just a poor Tiger who fired, killing commander, gunner, destroying turret ring and damaging the gun... Yeeeehaaaaa! It's justt totaly stupid but it's not as if Wargaming had accustomed us to something else since they just are lazy (no hotfixes, no improvment of well known issues and bugs since CBT, just TWO years) and greedy (the need of gold use is each patch more obvious and now with premium consumable giving bonus while critical damages chances are improved. It's look like they have more german sport cars to buy)

And most problem of bounces on Lorraine are NOT due to penetration problems (with 212mm you already have the best than T8 med can expect) it's due to the abysmal accuracy and aiming time due to the "balancing" of the tank also know as chainsaw of nerf who made the tank atrociously inaccurate if not totally static and for a while due to this fucking "improved" suspension and the oscilating turret who actually works in WoT in the TOTAL opposite of how it works, making the tank less accurate ingame whie it worked as vertical stabilizer allowing fast stabilisation and aiming. But hey, what can we expect from Wargaming to respect something else than their beloved tanks?

pagandk #39 Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38727 battles
It's a good tank, when played right. I started out playing it cautiously and did extremely well, then got careless and started losing left and right. Back to more controlled fighting now and doing well.
It's one of those tanks in which you DO NOT want to be targeted, which happens if you arrive first at the front line (everyone! wants to shoot at your paperarmor). Wait a bit, then decide where to go when enemies start lighting up. That way you can avoid most enemies line of fire and contribute with your high burst damage from a safe position behind 1st line. When enemies thin out you can be more aggressive and use your mobility to flank or circle.

Edited by pagandk, 10 July 2012 - 02:49 PM.

koberko #40 Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14486 battles
  • [-CMP-] -CMP-

View PostVahal, on 10 July 2012 - 02:11 PM, said:

And since 0.7.4 modules damages are just silly, one shot you can lose four modules! And it's just a poor Tiger who fired, killing commander, gunner, destroying turret ring and damaging the gun... Yeeeehaaaaa! It's justt totaly stupid but it's not as if Wargaming had accustomed us to something else since they just are lazy (no hotfixes, no improvment of well known issues and bugs since CBT, just TWO years) and greedy (the need of gold use is each patch more obvious and now with premium consumable giving bonus while critical damages chances are improved. It's look like they have more german sport cars to buy)

And most problem of bounces on Lorraine are NOT due to penetration problems (with 212mm you already have the best than T8 med can expect) it's due to the abysmal accuracy and aiming time due to the "balancing" of the tank also know as chainsaw of nerf who made the tank atrociously inaccurate if not totally static and for a while due to this fucking "improved" suspension and the oscilating turret who actually works in WoT in the TOTAL opposite of how it works, making the tank less accurate ingame whie it worked as vertical stabilizer allowing fast stabilisation and aiming. But hey, what can we expect from Wargaming to respect something else than their beloved tanks?
I mostly agree... but I don't think "nerf" was done to make russian tanks better; it was done because of people who blame their own stupidity, lack of skill and knowledge on others, and then come on forums to cry about OP Lorraine, BatChat or any other new tank that they don't know how to fight. And this are top tier medium tanks; you can't be "noob" if you have them; if you drive Lorrain or BatChat, you have a decent amount of played games behind you and decent amount of skill. So it's player who is OP, not tank! And playing this tanks takes more skill then any other medium tank, even when they ware not nerfed; one simple mistake can get you killed, so you must not make any to play good or even to just stay alive.
And next problem that those cry babies, and WG didn't realize is fact that most of early BatChat and Lorraine players ware guys who played with those tanks on test server! So they had some experience with them from beginning! And when update is implemented in regular game, and that kind of player gets this tank, and makes a lot of kills, because he has experience, and others don't know yet how to deal with it, then it appears that tank is OP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users