• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

bigflyboy #1 Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2040 battles
  • [GR81S] GR81S
PS; ignore the title just imagine it saying kv-5 good

hey guys its my birthday tommorow (woohoo to me) just saying :Smile_veryhappy: . now im wondering is the kv-5 worth the money?? ive seen it in battle and it looks like it does well ive also read it makes a good ammount of credits and is quite a solid tank. but is it?? please share your views and opinions on this tank.

(saving gold over the next few months only aloud a small ammount each month. if anyone would like to donate some gold please feel free. im not begging its just that on the ammount of gold i get it will take me a year to get it :Smile_confused: )

also when giving your views please try and give some reasons and whats good and bad about it. dont want to waste gold

cheers
bigflyboy

Edited by bigflyboy, 19 June 2012 - 11:12 AM.

SirWili #2 Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25830 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF
Happy birthday to you!

Kv-5 is not an easy tank to play, It has very good armor, but its slow and has got very weak gun.

T34 is on my opinion the best tier 8 premium on market at this time. (T59 is the best but you cannot buy it now)

If getting gold is hard for you I would recommend a tier 5 heavy for you. Churchill is my favorite and it costs only 1500 gold. It has good armor, very fast (but not very powerfull) gun which shoots almost like an machinegun... It makes good money and is usually a top tierer in battles.

Cuddly_Spider #3 Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 28309 battles

View PostSirWili, on 19 June 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

If getting gold is hard for you I would recommend a tier 5 heavy for you. Churchill is my favorite and it costs only 1500 gold. It has good armor, very fast (but not very powerfull) gun which shoots almost like an machinegun... It makes good money and is usually a top tierer in battles.

I agree wholeheartedly.

The Churchill doesn't make a vast fortune but you always walk away from battles with a tidy profit. It's also got an enormously fun configuration, having great frontal armor and a pew-pew-pew gun that lets you pepper-spray the enemy with shells.

The other huge advantage of this tank is that it is great for crew training if you ever want to get a load of Russian heavy tanks for your garage.

Happy Birthday bigflyboy!

Annihilism #4 Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 11412 battles
  • [XCOM] XCOM
First of all happy birthday :)!

I would not reccomend the KV-5 as everyone in the game knows its weakspot now. It's gun is also subpar compared to other tier 8's. Personally i think it is the worst tier 8 tank in game (I rarely see one surviving the battle or actually putting out alot of dmg). Any other tier 8 heavy can outdamage it 1vs1 and it's armor advantage is pretty useless considering the huge weakspot.  I have heard it makes some nice credits though.

If you want a tier 8 i would reccoment either the T34 or the Löwe. Both are quite slow (although the T34 is slightly faster, especially uphill) but have a very good gun for their tier. Both are best played as second line or defensive tank, you can compare the T34 with the T30 imo. If you want a tank just to make money you could also get a churchill or T14 as said above. I personally enjoy my T14 alot but i've also heard alot of good stories about the churchill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users