Jump to content


E-75 nerfed NOT bad


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

V2VENEGACE #1 Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:11 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 18731 battles
  • 174
  • Member since:
    05-02-2011
I drove for curiosity the E 75 to see how it is nerfed in 7.4 test and guess what? In 30 battles, only 4 fires... And because I had the fire extinguisher I had no problems with fire. This means... E-75 gets just a very little nerf, not an important one. So, E75 is still playable!! Just have a fire extinguisher on and that's it! Anyway , if u still have E75, why not keep it until 7.4 to convince yourself?
Edit: wtf did I say wrong? I just said what I belive. And u can just sell the e75, it was anadvice. Some people don't think just give -

BastionGermany #2 Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 12576 battles
  • 91
  • Member since:
    02-02-2011
Fire isn't the problem...
My engine got damaged quiet often, but not destroyed.
(I don't drive the E-75 on the live-server, just the KT. But i think they are very similar in this case.)

vito_von_bang #3 Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:32 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6392 battles
  • 535
  • [1DCPD] 1DCPD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2011
Meh... Used 105 octane. When i burn, 119% firefight :D

The problem is, i wanted to use a large repair it for that spot, just so that i could get - 10% in repair time... But now, i gues its fire time

LordError94 #4 Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 21288 battles
  • 177
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN
  • Member since:
    10-12-2010
I guess we've found a use for preventative maintenance...

Tegewaldt #5 Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7520 battles
  • 31
  • [COCIO] COCIO
  • Member since:
    07-03-2011
im 120k experience from my e-75 ( lol )
Cant wait :D

Tiger_Buster #6 Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:59 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 15945 battles
  • 349
  • [TWC] TWC
  • Member since:
    01-19-2011

View PostV2VENEGACE, on 19 June 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

I drove for curiosity the E 75 to see how it is nerfed in 7.4 test and guess what? In 30 battles, only 4 fires... And because I had the fire extinguisher I had no problems with fire. This means... E-75 gets just a very little nerf, not an important one. So, E75 is still playable!! Just have a fire extinguisher on and that's it! Anyway , if u still have E75, why not keep it until 7.4 to convince yourself?
Edit: wtf did I say wrong? I just said what I belive. And u can just sell the e75, it was anadvice. Some people don't think just give -
I agree with you some ppl need to give -1   reputation so they can feel better about himselfs.  So i give you +1  to compensate :)
  In anycase yes i agree  The nerf isnt so severe gameplay wise has many ppl say.  yet i belive there was no need for it.

The king tiger for instance has already the transmission in front since several patches, and i very rarely get  fire or   engine hit.
   I  actualy dont remember once to get fires or engine hit by being shot in the frontal lower plate.
  But that is just my Experience with it. To each with its own opinion.

Edited by Tiger_Buster, 20 June 2012 - 04:06 AM.


Yozzman #7 Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 20507 battles
  • 309
  • Member since:
    09-30-2010
E75 is a bitch with an broken engine...

When engine is broken and you need to turn fast, you cant. Turret moves way too slow for a scout/med.
WG is making the E75 a camper/sniper tank with the gearbox in front...

Edited by Yozzman, 20 June 2012 - 07:46 AM.


Riot303 #8 Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:29 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 23398 battles
  • 333
  • [RAFA] RAFA
  • Member since:
    06-18-2011

View PostYozzman, on 20 June 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

E75 is a bitch with an broken engine...

When engine is broken and you need to turn fast, you cant. Turret moves way too slow for a scout/med.
WG is making the E75 a camper/sniper tank with the gearbox in front...

That´s the Point !! - The problem is NOT the Fire - its the endless broken engine - every hit destroys your engine.  Strange that Germans cant enhance their engines like the soviets can. (Cyclone)

Paavopesusieni #9 Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 9760 battles
  • 820
  • [FHA] FHA
  • Member since:
    07-06-2010

View PostTiger_Buster, on 20 June 2012 - 03:59 AM, said:

I agree with you some ppl need to give -1   reputation so they can feel better about himselfs.  So i give you +1  to compensate :)
  In anycase yes i agree  The nerf isnt so severe gameplay wise has many ppl say.  yet i belive there was no need for it.

The king tiger for instance has already the transmission in front since several patches, and i very rarely get  fire or   engine hit.
   I  actualy dont remember once to get fires or engine hit by being shot in the frontal lower plate.
  But that is just my Experience with it. To each with its own opinion.

Tiger II gearbox will get enlarged, so does JTs. E-75s ad E-50s gearbox will be the same size, by other words if you just shoot at e50 it has 20% chance of  blazing in flames.

Edited by Paavopesusieni, 21 June 2012 - 10:48 AM.


Meogron #10 Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:01 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 28760 battles
  • 858
  • [HYL] HYL
  • Member since:
    03-06-2011
Tiger 2, E-50/75 gearbox will cover ENTIRE lower hull in 7.4. In real life that gearbox was even extra armor to save driver life or anyone who was behind it.

Panzerkeks85 #11 Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 8878 battles
  • 365
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011
I won't sell the E75 but I won't drive it anymore, as simple as that because I'm sick of the nerfing of German tanks from WG. And as said: the fire is not the issue
but the broken Engine!

WG will sooner or later get what they deserve, a fucked-up, unbalance game with only russian tanks driving in it! Have fun!

Insoucious #12 Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 10892 battles
  • 3,114
  • Member since:
    01-07-2012
E-75 stay the better T9.

Zenith #13 Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 4457 battles
  • 3,236
  • Member since:
    07-05-2010
Fire is not the only issue, but an E-75 with a broken engine may as well be a static pillbox. No other nation has this problem. So I ask you this, how can this be considered balanced?

Vaderan #14 Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 5638 battles
  • 596
  • Member since:
    07-30-2010
It always depends on the point of view! WG wants the german tanks to be the cash cows for other nations! Big targets, big weakspotts, weak guns but a large hitpoint pool, so everyone can get it´s piece of xp and money out of them! You want to improve? Drive US or French tanks! You want to be a true superior hero? Take glorious russian steel. Bash those nasty Nazis!

Working as intended!

Edited by Vaderan, 20 June 2012 - 12:06 PM.


piep #15 Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9997 battles
  • 540
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostV2VENEGACE, on 19 June 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

I drove for curiosity the E 75 to see how it is nerfed in 7.4 test and guess what? In 30 battles, only 4 fires... And because I had the fire extinguisher I had no problems with fire. This means... E-75 gets just a very little nerf, not an important one. So, E75 is still playable!! Just have a fire extinguisher on and that's it! Anyway , if u still have E75, why not keep it until 7.4 to convince yourself?
Edit: wtf did I say wrong? I just said what I belive. And u can just sell the e75, it was anadvice. Some people don't think just give -

why would you even care about the neg/pos rep.

By making valid points even a troll can be taken seriously.

CommissionerJan #16 Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 32685 battles
  • 394
  • Member since:
    07-31-2010
The problem never was, and never will be that a tank with a front transmission burns to zero hitpoints in every battle.

The problem is, or rather will be, that you are now forced to always use the fire extinguisher, and probably also take preventive maintenance instead of high-octane fuel and some other skill or perk.
And you will be forced to save your repair kit for your engine, instead of using it on your gun, ammo or even tracks.

Whereas another tank, one that does not lose its engine from being penetrated frontally by everyone it fights, can use a different perk (to move better, or to turn faster), better fuel (to move faster and to turn better) and use the repairkit on gun or ammorack without risking to be turned into a sitting duck by the next hit through the huge frontal weakspot.

Now all of this would not be some kind of terrible catastrophe if the E-75 was a tank known for its high speed, agility and general ability to not be hit in the ammorack (or gun, but the 12,8 and the varius troubles it has are another topic).

Unfortunately, the E-75 is already slow, the ammorack is essentially unprotected from the sides (most other tanks can at least hope for the tracks to eat the incoming shell). . .and teh new transmission is right in the one spot where everyone aims anyway, unless they're shooting at the commanders cupola because it's facehugging time.

tl;dr: no matter how you put it, it's a nerf.

edit: FFS guys stop downvoting someone just because he doesn't cry about how weak all German tanks are. Yes, I also think we'Re having some balance issues, but this is stupid.

Edited by CommissionerJan, 20 June 2012 - 06:03 PM.


Tiger_Buster #17 Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:00 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 15945 battles
  • 349
  • [TWC] TWC
  • Member since:
    01-19-2011

View PostCommissionerJan, on 20 June 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

The problem never was, and never will be that a tank with a front transmission burns to zero hitpoints in every battle.

The problem is, or rather will be, that you are now forced to always use the fire extinguisher, and probably also take preventive maintenance instead of high-octane fuel and some other skill or perk.
And you will be forced to save your repair kit for your engine, instead of using it on your gun, ammo or even tracks.

Whereas another tank, one that does not lose its engine from being penetrated frontally by everyone it fights, can use a different perk (to move better, or to turn faster), better fuel (to move faster and to turn better) and use the repairkit on gun or ammorack without risking to be turned into a sitting duck by the next hit through the huge frontal weakspot.

Now all of this would not be some kind of terrible catastrophe if the E-75 was a tank known for its high speed, agility and general ability to not be hit in the ammorack (or gun, but the 12,8 and the varius troubles it has are another topic).

Unfortunately, the E-75 is already slow, the ammorack is essentially unprotected from the sides (most other tanks can at least hope for the tracks to eat the incoming shell). . .and teh new transmission is right in the one spot where everyone aims anyway, unless they're shooting at the commanders cupola because it's facehugging time.

tl;dr: no matter how you put it, it's a nerf.

edit: FFS guys stop downvoting someone just because he doesn't cry about how weak all German tanks are. Yes, I also think we'Re having some balance issues, but this is stupid.
  So you saying the issue isnt the fires, but  they are forcing you to use the fire extinguisher?
Im sorry but if you not always bring a fire extinguisher in all of your tanks (save for arty)   then you  are not doing  a smart thing.  For me on that Point does not change  a thing.  In my KT and E75 i always bring repar kit, fire extinguisher, and medic kit.  Always.

And i dont think we are forced to do a thing i playing King tiger right now as well and i very rarely i need to use repair kit on engine, or fire extinguisher.
You should see how often IS4 gets a fire in comparison.

  I wish  people played the other tier 9 heavies  before saying that E75 has problems... yeah sure it has its disadvantages,  but so  other tanks.   Has i said the King tiger have the transmission on front for sometime now, and its allright, i dont lose my engine every time   they shoot the front lower plate, the same with VK4502P.

It is  a nerf  granted but imo is practicaly  irrelevant gameplay wise it wont change much, and i belive E75 would stay the best Tier 9 heavy allrround.
I think  most people  are way overeacting and making judgements, before even the nerf is in place, and make it a bigger issue then  it realy is.

Zenith #18 Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 4457 battles
  • 3,236
  • Member since:
    07-05-2010

View PostTiger_Buster, on 21 June 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

You should see how often IS4 gets a fire in comparison.

Only if you're driving backwards towards the enemy, or sitting with your flanks exposed. Other than that, no fires.

CommissionerJan #19 Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:30 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 32685 battles
  • 394
  • Member since:
    07-31-2010

View PostTiger_Buster, on 21 June 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

  So you saying the issue isnt the fires, but  they are forcing you to use the fire extinguisher?
Im sorry but if you not always bring a fire extinguisher in all of your tanks (save for arty)   then you  are not doing  a smart thing.  For me on that Point does not change  a thing.  In my KT and E75 i always bring repar kit, fire extinguisher, and medic kit.  Always.

And i dont think we are forced to do a thing i playing King tiger right now as well and i very rarely i need to use repair kit on engine, or fire extinguisher.
You should see how often IS4 gets a fire in comparison.

  I wish  people played the other tier 9 heavies  before saying that E75 has problems... yeah sure it has its disadvantages,  but so  other tanks.   Has i said the King tiger have the transmission on front for sometime now, and its allright, i dont lose my engine every time   they shoot the front lower plate, the same with VK4502P.

It is  a nerf  granted but imo is practicaly  irrelevant gameplay wise it wont change much, and i belive E75 would stay the best Tier 9 heavy allrround.
I think  most people  are way overeacting and making judgements, before even the nerf is in place, and make it a bigger issue then  it realy is.
Did you even have a look at my stats?
Do you think I drive only German tanks?
Don't even bother answering, I know you didn't check.

I have hundreds of battles in the old T9 IS-4, a good hundred in the IS-8 and in the AMX-50-120. Plus another few hundred in the VK45 and the King Tiger, for that matter.

The very core of the issue is that the a damaged transmission should not cause an engine fire that destroys half my tank. And trust me on this, the front transmission does make a significant difference because of this.

Tiger_Buster #20 Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 15945 battles
  • 349
  • [TWC] TWC
  • Member since:
    01-19-2011

View PostZenith, on 21 June 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

Only if you're driving backwards towards the enemy, or sitting with your flanks exposed. Other than that, no fires.

whats your point exactly? i dont recall ever being set of fire in my king tiger   with a shot from the front either...

Quote

Did you even have a look at my stats?
Do you think I drive only German tanks?
Don't even bother answering, I know you didn't check.

I have hundreds of battles in the old T9 IS-4, a good hundred in the IS-8 and in the AMX-50-120. Plus another few hundred in the VK45 and the King Tiger, for that matter.

The very core of the issue is that the a damaged transmission should not cause an engine fire that destroys half my tank. And trust me on this, the front transmission does make a significant difference because of this.
I didnt check your stats. Why should i?   i was not speaking you in particular but people in general anyways,  and you did  make it sound like the E75 its sudenly  worthless wich is not true, if it  will handle as good as the king tiger now im ok with it.
  I drove  the old IS4  too btw  And when i got IS8, i  didnt like it and i sold it.
Its true the transmission shouldnt cause fires , but  are we certain that in the game  does cause it?  well in  my experience  with Tiger2  has i said i dont recall ever being set on fire from a shot  on the lower frontal plate.  However i recal being set on fire in the tiger H with a shot in the front from a  PZr IV .  So i realy im not certain  if its the transmission causing fires at all.
But in theory yes i agree  there isnt a reason why a damaged transmission  would ever cause a fire. Unless  the shell hit the engine.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users