T44 + automatic fire extinguisher

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

fabse #1 Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Clan Diplomat
  • 46982 battles
  • [PTS] PTS
Since the automatic fire extinguisher lowers the chance of fire by 10% you would have 0% if you mount it on the T44.
Thus you would never catch fire and the 100 gold would be a great investment because you wont loose it if you are not torched.

The thing is that i once heard that the chance of fire rises when your fuel tanks are hit and there might be other ways to catch fire then engine hits.
Is there anyone who has more info on this?

ZingFreelancer #2 Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 6971 battles
From what I have experienced fire is completely random.
I had my fuel tanks hit dozens of times, but rarely did that cause fire.

More or less what happens is that you are hit at full HP, catches fire and forced to watch everything BURN!

But is that true about automatic fire extinguisher, with it you have 0% chance to be put on fire?

pluton113 #3 Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:42 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 149 battles
The OP is under the assumption that the T44 has a 10% increased chance of catching fire. Now, i do not have any personal experience with that tank, so i can not confirm whether it has that 'hidden' stat. Proof regarding the issue would be welcome. However, equiping a fire extinguisher will not decrease your chance to 0, but to a percentage  equal to that of other tanks, basically negating the disadvantage that the T44 MIGHT have.

Tanitha #4 Posted 11 October 2010 - 02:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Military Reserve
  • 12 battles

View Postpluton113, on 11 October 2010 - 12:42 PM, said:

The OP is under the assumption that the T44 has a 10% increased chance of catching fire. Now, i do not have any personal experience with that tank, so i can not confirm whether it has that 'hidden' stat. Proof regarding the issue would be welcome. However, equiping a fire extinguisher will not decrease your chance to 0, but to a percentage  equal to that of other tanks, basically negating the disadvantage that the T44 MIGHT have.

I don't think so mate, i think you have misinterpreted the OP's point. So i'll reword his post for you..

Most engines have a stat on them, "chance of catching fire", most engines seem to have "15% , 20%, 25%, 30%" chance of catching fire stat's. The T44 however has a very low "chance of catching fire" stat on its engine of 10%.. Maybe this is to balance the "chance of ammo rack exploding seemingly being very high"

The fire extinguisher that can be bought for 100 gold, states -10% chance of fire, +15% fire fighting abilities.

So the OP's question was, If he buys one for 100 gold, would the -10% chance of fire be working all the time before the automatic fire extinguisher is set off and used.

If so, would that then drop the T44's chance of catching fire down from 10% to 0% so it would never catch fire and thus never have to use the fire extinguisher he paid 100 gold for.

Posted Image

Beta is for testing, So I'll spend the 100 gold and test it out.

**Edit to answer your question, it still catches fire, and then the GOLD fire extinguisher is used. :)

Sykotic #5 Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Posttanitha, on 11 October 2010 - 02:50 PM, said:

Most engines have a stat on them, "chance of catching fire", most engines seem to have "15% , 20%, 25%, 30%" chance of catching fire stat's. The T44 however has a very low "chance of catching fire" stat on its engine of 10%.. Maybe this is to balance the "chance of ammo rack exploding seemingly being very high"

The fire extinguisher that can be bought for 100 gold, states -10% chance of fire, +15% fire fighting abilities.

So the OP's question was, If he buys one for 100 gold, would the -10% chance of fire be working all the time before the automatic fire extinguisher is set off and used.

If so, would that then drop the T44's chance of catching fire down from 10% to 0% so it would never catch fire and thus never have to use the fire extinguisher he paid 100 gold for.

**Edit to answer your question, it still catches fire, and then the GOLD fire extinguisher is used. :)
I would assume that it reduces the chance by 10% of what it already is. In numbers that means the T-44 would reduce 10% of that 10% to be a 9% chance to catch fire. You would get more benefit on vehicles with higher fire chances. A 20% chance would be reduced to 18% and and 25% to 22.5%. At least this is my best guess at how it works. I have not seen any official responses on how they work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users