Wargaming.net and World of Warplanes nominated for European Games Awards

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
147 replies to this topic

gunhed127 #141 Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12789 battles
well i signed to the other 'flight game that shall not be mentioned' and got into the open beta:)  Judging by the vids/screenshots ive seen of both games so far it makes WOWP look like its been designed on a gameboy!  however not having played either game yet i can only go on the vids i see posted, time will tell.  Oh yeah they also have 5 countries, japan, usa, ussr,  germany and Britain(listening WG? i doubt it) 4 diff games modes(historical battles,pvp, pv enviroment,arcade battles and sandbox) plus full tech trees.

Getting back on topic, hell would freeze over before i voted for a game ive never played, nevermind a game made by WG after experiencing there tech support, patch testing/patch implementatiion, general  community/game (mis?)management and what appears to be there downright greed.

Edited by gunhed127, 02 July 2012 - 07:56 PM.

vito_von_bang #142 Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6392 battles
  • [1DCPD] 1DCPD
If the "you know who" game will have the Ho229 in it then im all over it

gunhed127 #143 Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12789 battles
not yet but its still  in beta:)

Kistenschieber #144 Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 10797 battles
i also signed beta for the "i am not allowed to say the name here" game. The tech tree looks promising

gunhed127 #145 Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12789 battles
idd and so do game modes

Szalona #146 Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 12906 battles
  • [1PADS] 1PADS
Yesterday a friend of mine came to me from Norway - and I showed him the game - he liked the concept, but also I told him about the grind, MM problems for low tier tanks (I showed him what I can do in low tier tank to heavies 3-4 levels higher.

He said, that if the game would be more fair he probably would play, but he said when I showed him battle in low tier tank and how many exp I got, and how many exp is needed - that he will not try such game where everything is made to force people to buy gold.

Actually I think it is 4th person I scared from WoT :)

Isinalle #147 Posted 05 July 2012 - 12:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20602 battles
If I would be in charge for European community relations and had to announce news like this, I would probably have to beat few boss-figures with bare hands in order to get some good special to throw along.

I have a theory. WoT is doing such abysmal rock bottom ranking in that contest that WG boss-figures are now punishing the EU community. It's like soviet russia all over again. If you don't like to pay us and be a peasant harvesting our fields we throw you rocks instead of bread.

Thus we get the great TANK OF THE MONTH "special". +10% credits. That's it.

It doesn't work like that, you [insert profanity and insult] WG management.

GehakteMolen #148 Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 51726 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostSzalona, on 03 July 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

Yesterday a friend of mine came to me from Norway - and I showed him the game - he liked the concept, but also I told him about the grind, MM problems for low tier tanks (I showed him what I can do in low tier tank to heavies 3-4 levels higher.

He said, that if the game would be more fair he probably would play, but he said when I showed him battle in low tier tank and how many exp I got, and how many exp is needed - that he will not try such game where everything is made to force people to buy gold.

Actually I think it is 4th person I scared from WoT :)

like 5-6 mates o my also started playing wot (in closed beta) and they all left but 1 :P

Some other guys i know from other games also started playing during closed beta, 2 played with me after release, yet 1 also gave up (more or less xD)

reason?
- MM (for low tiers)
- the long, long grind to get better tanks (if u play without premium)
- the huge amounts of camping, and lack of driving round (like in bf`42, tons of tank combat, and lots of flanking, attacking and so on)
- and ofc ARTY ARTY ARTY, all my mates HATE arty, and the main reason to leave is arty, they play for fun, to fight with other tanks, not to get nuked by arty.

atm i only play high tier tanks (in 3 man platoon) coz its like 70-80 of the time win, or low tier, where arty aint powerfull, for the rest, its just pure bs, the module damage, the gamemodes, the arty, this game is now back at the stage it was after releasing 704 and T54, back then it was: OP  USSR tanks, insane OP arty (there where not so much of them, but they where powerfull) and tons of small bugs (even worse spotting system, and total fail MM balance, like stug facing IS7 (yes, tier 5 TD`s could match tier X heavys, thats no longer possible)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users