Jump to content


Redesigned Germany Tree, with new TDs?


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you interested in the new Waffentrager series? (92 members have cast votes)

Do they look interesting to try?

  1. Yes. (35 votes [38.04%])

    Percentage of vote: 38.04%

  2. No. (16 votes [17.39%])

    Percentage of vote: 17.39%

  3. Maybe. (8 votes [8.70%])

    Percentage of vote: 8.70%

  4. I'll wait until the new TD's have been released. (21 votes [22.83%])

    Percentage of vote: 22.83%

  5. If I want no armor with big guns, I'll try the Russian TD line, thank you. (12 votes [13.04%])

    Percentage of vote: 13.04%

Vote Hide poll

Sturmtiger_304 #1 Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 18342 battles
  • 5,659
  • [_OC_] _OC_
  • Member since:
    08-18-2010
Copy & pasted from the US forums, thanks to Wasted4440 for making the thread.
-----


The German Tech Tree has been rewritten, with new TDs filling out the second line of German TDs that has yet to be released. Here is the link from the Russian website, so you can see for yourself that the yet to be released line of TDs has changed to include the Waffentrager Panther, Waffentrager Tiger, and the Waffentrager E-100. The "original' German TD though, has had the Ferdinand moved from its tier 8 slot, and replaced with the Jadgpanther II. What do you think about this new development?

Link to New German Tech Tree on Russian WoT site:http://worldoftanks.ru/media/show/198/

Here's a screenshot of the new tech tree:

http://i1197.photobu...ee_fullru_r.jpg

On a second note, as I look for pictures of this tanks, just on Google images, I think to myself: can they be turreted? Below are some concepts that I pulled off of Google images, and although they may certainly not be what we could see in game, they certainly entertain the possibility of a turreted German TD line:

Waffentrager Panther:
http://i1197.photobu.../x_5a22f08d.jpg


Waffentrager Tiger:
http://i1197.photobu...dc7c93a91ed.jpg


Waffentrager E-100:
http://i1197.photobu...fentrager_1.jpg

TheBrut3 #2 Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4747 battles
  • 173
  • [DD] DD
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011
Cool idea, I like TD's with turrets.

And I also see a 2nd medium line on that tech tree.

GramDzojstikiem #3 Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 15344 battles
  • 89
  • [FEAR] FEAR
  • Member since:
    04-09-2011
Uuu that is most interesting. I can see no more use for my Fred however... But wait its only WG. If every single man would change his socks so often like WG changes it's mind, public comunications vehicle would be easier to travel with.

EDIT:

I'm also curious about the difference between these two lines. Even IX tier TD would be opened ? they make impression like faster ones, maybe also better camo?

Edited by archornx, 02 July 2012 - 02:38 PM.


Rapir94 #4 Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4440 battles
  • 300
  • Member since:
    10-26-2011

View PostSturmtiger_304, on 02 July 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

False, false and the last is not even worth being told (it's false, too).

I'd advice you to take alook at some of the newly created threats about the new german TD line, the ''Waffenträger Panther'' was the only existing project, while ''Waffenträger Tiger'' and ''E-100'' are completely made up by WG themself (thats the reason nobody knows exactly how they will look like :Smile_blinky: ).

Btw: The models you showed us here are:

1st ''(leichter) Waffenträger Krupp/Ardelt''

2nd ''(leichter) Waffenträger Ardelt I''

3rd ''(leichter) Waffenträger Krupp/Steyr''

They were designated as ''leichte'', meaning ''light'',  ''Waffenträger'', because they were all based on a modified ''Panzer 38(t)'' light tank chassis.

Edited by Rapir94, 02 July 2012 - 02:42 PM.


brutus007 #5 Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11903 battles
  • 496
  • Member since:
    05-18-2011

View PostSturmtiger_304, on 02 July 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:


This is definitely NOT the E100 chassis.
Do not know the others (but they seems to be off too - they are all identical ....)

Edit: ah Rapir94 above me already state this :)

Edited by brutus007, 02 July 2012 - 02:48 PM.


aGentleTanker #6 Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19438 battles
  • 4,130
  • [C-L-F] C-L-F
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
usually when I say I hate those blueprint concpet tanks , i get minueses like hell, here again?
Are the historical tanks not enough?
They look better and you get a better historical experience driving them.
If i want to play fantasy I play sth sci fi related!

Edited by aGentleTanker, 02 July 2012 - 02:48 PM.


Colonel_Boom #7 Posted 02 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19567 battles
  • 979
  • Member since:
    03-26-2011
I know a good side that had information about the last 3 german TD's of the 2nd line.
It had different drawings of Waffenträger Panther designs and so on.
Searching for it again...

mfg boom

Nechrom #8 Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16833 battles
  • 1,740
  • [WASA1] WASA1
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011
When posting random Google images claiming them to be tier 8-10 TD's. You might want to note that they all carry 8.8cm PaK43 L/71 guns. Great high tier TD's man!

Platypusbill #9 Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20330 battles
  • 3,700
  • [WOOF] WOOF
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

View PostNechrom, on 02 July 2012 - 03:00 PM, said:

When posting random Google images claiming them to be tier 8-10 TD's. You might want to note that they all carry 8.8cm PaK43 L/71 guns. Great high tier TD's man!
Not to mention that there was one E-100 hull and no completed vehicles, not to mention specialised variants.

Are any of the proposed Waffenträgers real or are they just hypothetical WG-designed vehicles?

Edited by Platypusbill, 04 July 2012 - 04:36 PM.


Nechrom #10 Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16833 battles
  • 1,740
  • [WASA1] WASA1
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

View PostPlatypusbill, on 04 July 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

Not to mention that there was one E-100 hull and no completed vehicles, not to mention specialised variants.

Are any of the proposed Waffenträgers real or are they just hypothetical WG-designed vehicles?

I believe that none of them are WG-designed. But still highly hypothetical. I think SerB mentioned when it came to the JagdPz E-100, that they lifted the design from one of Walter J Spielberger's books. So the same might be true for the these Waffenträgers as well.

Rapir94 #11 Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4440 battles
  • 300
  • Member since:
    10-26-2011

View PostPlatypusbill, on 04 July 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

Are any of the proposed Waffenträgers real or are they just hypothetical WG-designed vehicles?
The ''Waffenträger E-100'' (and the ''Waffenträger Tiger'') can't be real designes, because they simply don't fit in the concept of ''Waffenträger'' or weapon carriers.

These weapon carriers were simply modified (outdated) light tank hulls, which was the easiest way of mass producing them, and fit very huge guns, the 128mm ''Waffenträger Krupp'' (based on the 38t light tank chassis) was as far as I know the largest ever build.

The key was, that this weapon carriers were constructed by companies, which were not involved in ordinary tank production to not reduce their output of ''Panthers'' and ''Tigers''

That's why it can't have been a real project of WW2 (besides that the E-100 project was dropped in 1944, but later constructed in secret).

Even if the E-100 would have had sucess, a ''Waffenträger E-100'' wouldn't make sense....it's much to heavy, not usable for street fights (like in Berlin where the ''Waffenträger'' saw action) and the gun must have been giant if you consider, that the Panzer 38t chassis already could mount a 128mm gun(even 173mm wouln't have been large enought).

Edit: Forgot to mention, that real planed ''Waffenträger'' were devided into ''light'' (based on light tanks such as 38t) and ''medium'' (based on medium tanks such as ''Panther'', a ''heavy'' Waffenträger wasn't nessecary at all (germans had huge train mounted guns and probely not enought ressources during late WW2).

Edited by Rapir94, 05 July 2012 - 06:40 AM.


Honda_Racing #12 Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 3647 battles
  • 139
  • Member since:
    01-26-2011

View PostSturmtiger_304, on 02 July 2012 - 02:27 PM, said:

Copy & pasted from the US forums, thanks to Wasted4440 for making the thread.
-----


The German Tech Tree has been rewritten, with new TDs filling out the second line of German TDs that has yet to be released. Here is the link from the Russian website, so you can see for yourself that the yet to be released line of TDs has changed to include the Waffentrager Panther, Waffentrager Tiger, and the Waffentrager E-100. The "original' German TD though, has had the Ferdinand moved from its tier 8 slot, and replaced with the Jadgpanther II. What do you think about this new development?

Link to New German Tech Tree on Russian WoT site:http://worldoftanks.ru/media/show/198/

Here's a screenshot of the new tech tree:

http://i1197.photobu...ee_fullru_r.jpg

On a second note, as I look for pictures of this tanks, just on Google images, I think to myself: can they be turreted? Below are some concepts that I pulled off of Google images, and although they may certainly not be what we could see in game, they certainly entertain the possibility of a turreted German TD line:

Waffentrager Panther:
http://i1197.photobu.../x_5a22f08d.jpg


Waffentrager Tiger:
http://i1197.photobu...dc7c93a91ed.jpg


Waffentrager E-100:
http://i1197.photobu...fentrager_1.jpg
those are not the high tier waffentracher you idiot ...

Mko #13 Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 12974 battles
  • 1,341
  • [UNICA] UNICA
  • Member since:
    07-03-2010
it is nice but I am a little worried about what kind of advantage are the waffentragers going to have compared to the fully armored TDs?
The lower tier ones should all have significantly more powerful guns than the armored TDs. Marder 3 might already get 75 L/70 upgrade, and definitely should at least keep the russian 76mm from Marder 2. And so on. Nashorn should have 88 L/71 (which is absolutely superb for tier 6, but then..ARL V39 gets 90mm DCA45).
Sturer Emil should have 128 L/61, maybe it will get some nerfed version of it because it seems to be total overkill for tier 7. So what is the WT Panther going to get? Full jagdtiger version of 128 L/61? Well I could be ok with that...But what about WT Tiger? It must have some advantage over JT and it most probably has to be the gun but I don't think it can just get the 17cm from Jagd E-100. And when the Jagd E-100 gets the 17cm, what the hell is WT E-100 going to get? The same 17cm? Where would the advantage be, then?

Platypusbill #14 Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20330 battles
  • 3,700
  • [WOOF] WOOF
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

View PostRapir94, on 04 July 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

The ''Waffenträger E-100'' (and the ''Waffenträger Tiger'') can't be real designes, because they simply don't fit in the concept of ''Waffenträger'' or weapon carrier.

These weapon carriers were simply modified (outdated) light tank hulls, which was the easiest way of mass producing them, and fit very huge guns, the 128mm ''Waffenträger Krupp'' (based on the 38t light tank chassis) was as far as I know the largest ever build.

The key was, that this weapon carriers were constructed by companies, which were not involved in ordinary tank production to not reduce their output of ''Panthers'' and ''Tigers''

That's why it can't have been a real project of WW2 (besides that the E-100 project was dropped in 1944, but later constructed in secret).

Even if the E-100 would have had sucess, a ''Waffenträger E-100'' wouldn't make sense....it's much to heavy, not usable for street fights (like in Berlin where the ''Waffenträger'' saw action) and the gun must have been giant if you consider, that the Panzer 38t chassis already could mount a 128mm gun(even 173mm wouln't have been large enought).

Edit: Forgot to mention, that real planed ''Waffenträger'' were devided into ''light'' (based on light tanks such as 38t) and ''medium'' (based on medium tanks such as ''Panther'', a ''heavy'' Waffenträger wasn't nessecary at all (they had huge train mounted guns and probely not enought ressources during late WW2).)
So they were just a more extreme variant of "slap a huge gun on top of an old tank to make it worthwile and save resources" thing?

Now, the E-100 in itself doesn´t really make sense (because superheavies are kind of impractical) and TD variants that sacrifice turret/armour for bigger guns probably would have been unnecessary (since the long 88 was already enough for almost anything the Germans faced in the war and 12.8cm+ was overkill except for HE-derping bunkers maybe?)

Platypusbill #15 Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20330 battles
  • 3,700
  • [WOOF] WOOF
  • Member since:
    04-22-2011

View PostMko, on 04 July 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

it is nice but I am a little worried about what kind of advantage are the waffentragers going to have compared to the fully armored TDs?
The lower tier ones should all have significantly more powerful guns than the armored TDs. Marder 3 might already get 75 L/70 upgrade, and definitely should at least keep the russian 76mm from Marder 2. And so on. Nashorn should have 88 L/71 (which is absolutely superb for tier 6, but then..ARL V39 gets 90mm DCA45).
Sturer Emil should have 128 L/61, maybe it will get some nerfed version of it because it seems to be total overkill for tier 7. So what is the WT Panther going to get? Full jagdtiger version of 128 L/61? Well I could be ok with that...But what about WT Tiger? It must have some advantage over JT and it most probably has to be the gun but I don't think it can just get the 17cm from Jagd E-100. And when the Jagd E-100 gets the 17cm, what the hell is WT E-100 going to get? The same 17cm? Where would the advantage be, then?
I am guessing that in the mid-tiers, they have better view ranges than equivalent casemate TDs and wider gun arcs (compare SU-85 vs S-35 CA). Most, if not all, tier VIII or higher Germans already get 402m view range (only exceeded by the Patton´s 420) but I think Waffenträgers will keep the gun arc advantage and have a better rate of fire.

Edited by Platypusbill, 04 July 2012 - 06:29 PM.


PanzerGrenadier #16 Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 12057 battles
  • 176
  • [EFE-V] EFE-V
  • Member since:
    07-09-2010
Tbh these new TDs along with the Leopard 1 actually look kinda intresting and im really kinda curious to atleast try them out.

Zarax999 #17 Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9693 battles
  • 2,328
  • [TWC] TWC
  • Member since:
    04-08-2011
If you don't like WG new tree take a look here: http://forum.worldof...-waffentragers/

cigla #18 Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 8220 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    09-10-2010
I can see that i will stop playing tanks and w8 for battleships unless they make flying ships and rockets!!!!