Trance and House music

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

BandofBrothers101 #1 Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 0 battles
You guys in Europe get it all...

Ibiza, the Netherlands,  and some of the best clubs in the world..meanwhile here in North America, we like to listen to overrated Artists, and a different type of house, and techno overall than you guys. But I really like your songs, and one day I'll hop on a plane and fly there for sure :).

What songs do you like? I mostly listen to you know, Avicii, David Guetta, and them all, but for trance, I have been listening to state of Trance for quite a bit now, and noticed that the dutch DJ Armin Van Buuren's radio show and went to his concert in Montreal and Toronto quite a bit ago... I just love Europe for Music, completely different than here...

I love a lot more too,

lots of love from Canada,

Bandofbrothers101

PS: Duzo serca do moich polskich braciach.

DingIsHere #2 Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

Colonel

• Clan Commander
  • 15970 battles
  • [4Q2] 4Q2
Please, take all the trance and house music you can find and take to canada.. you would be doing us all a big favour.. a really big favour...

LOVE_U_LONGTIME #3 Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27599 battles
Mate, we, the UK, pioneered house music along with the sound of Chicago house. This started in the UK at around 1984/5 and became popular in '88, hence the '88 summer of love. As we went into the 90s, techno, hardcore, jungle and Drum & Bass tried to take center stage, but never succeded, as it was generally regarded as trashy house music. This is also where the rest of Europe caught on and totally destroyed genuine house music, mainly the dutch and the germans. The house scene in the UK was all but finished by then, as it had gone mainstream. Plus, the UK gave the world house music's ugly brother, Acid House.

I done the Ibiza club scene in 86,87,88 and had some great nights in Pacha, Ku, Amnesia and Space listening to the best Balearic house tracks Ibiza could offer....after watching the sun set whiled drinking chilled coffee outside the Cafe Del Mar

oops!
Not all Europe was slow to catch on. During the late 80s, the italians had pioneered piano house, and left their mark with some cracking tunes that still get played today.
Also the Belgium chaps were busy crossing industrial music with house, and thus Belgium New Beat was born. Very bassy, a tad slower than house music, but some quality stuff nonetheless.

Yag0 #4 Posted 04 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 3168 battles
Hate to tell you this Bush , but house was created within the USA gay scene .
Ever heard of Donna Summer & Georgio Moroder , Sylvester ?

JayJay4466 #5 Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18320 battles
Trance has changed a lot in terms of its sound over the last couple of decades. Originally it was a much "harder" sound than it is now.

Bit old for all that now myself, but here's a couple of my favourites from back in the day:

Josh Wink- Higher State Of Consciousness: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0f7cylz6tl4

Lost Tribe- Gamemaster: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=iaJqoN6Pybw

Signum- What Ya Got 4 Me: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=XUSVHHbOGhY

Brainbug- Nightmare: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bvsqEFWZ9tw

Hope you enjoy!

LOVE_U_LONGTIME #6 Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27599 battles

View PostYag0, on 04 July 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Hate to tell you this Bush , but house was created within the USA gay scene .
Ever heard of Donna Summer & Georgio Moroder , Sylvester ?

No mate that was "Hi-NRG" music. House music came out of Chicago, and was regarded as "raw" Disco and a smattering of Gospel, but with more bass and kick. The first house track to be recorded on vinyl, allegedly, was Jesse Saunders "on and on". Nothing like Hi-NRG.

Yes, I know they played uptempo house music in gay clubs, such as Paul Rutherford's "get real", but thats about it.

DougHole #7 Posted 04 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 7178 battles
I dont like dance music but used to work as a assistant director for pop videos mostly for MTV. I worked on a video in the 90's for a guy called Paul Van Dyke who was just starting to penetrate in the UK, I was directing the filming overnight and it was really hard work as it was real life animation (actually animating Paul around a set and the entire set moving as well, it was meant to look like the inside of his brain with loads of crap moving around etc)

Anyway after each shoot for about 10 days, he would give me a lift back to my flat and I was so knackered mentally and physically, but he was still really pumped up, and he would blare out dance music REALLY loud on the 1/2 hour drive home in a blacked out Golf through London, I used to have to listen to some Mozart when I got home before I slept to get it out of my head lol

LOVE_U_LONGTIME #8 Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27599 battles

View PostDougHole, on 04 July 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

I dont like dance music but used to work as a assistant director for pop videos mostly for MTV. I worked on a video in the 90's for a guy called Paul Van Dyke who was just starting to penetrate in the UK, I was directing the filming overnight and it was really hard work as it was real life animation (actually animating Paul around a set and the entire set moving as well, it was meant to look like the inside of his brain with loads of crap moving around etc)

Anyway after each shoot for about 10 days, he would give me a lift back to my flat and I was so knackered mentally and physically, but he was still really pumped up, and he would blare out dance music REALLY loud on the 1/2 hour drive home in a blacked out Golf through London, I used to have to listen to some Mozart when I got home before I slept to get it out of my head lol
I love dance music, my mum and dad were mods, my uncles/aunts were also mods/suedeheads, so I was drip-fed ska, rocksteady, motown and Northern Soul when I was knee-high to a grasshopper. My first records were soul/funk/disco from the 70s, early 80s. Then I went to a few warehouse parties in the early 80s, that led onto clubs like Shoom, Loud-Noise, Future and Tripp in the mid 80s. I stopped clubbing in 1990 as the house music scene was attracting the "dance around the hangbag" mob that had cottoned onto house music explosion. I prefer some laid back reggae now, but still drop the odd early house tune now and again.

LOVE_U_LONGTIME #9 Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27599 battles
@ BandofBrothers101.

This is the orignal Robin S "show me love", rubbish tune, but still better that crap you slung up! :Smile_great:

Some of my favs from the 80s.......proper house music.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users