Jump to content


WOT NEEDS Affiliate Links for Gold


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

SHADOWTHX1138 #1 Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 25846 battles
  • 68
  • Member since:
    02-12-2012
I run a clan website and it would be fantastic to be able to put an affiliate link to purchase gold on the site.

As an affiliate, when members purchase gold through the link the clan actually get a small commission also in the from of gold for using the affiliate link.

Once a clan is registered you should get an affiliate link for gold purchases. This in turn would promote the WOT Site, promote the purchase of gold and in turn give the Clan a small income also..

Thousands of companies run affiliate programs. Its definitely something that Wargaming.net should be looking at...

What do you think?

BBQigniter #2 Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12403 battles
  • 185
  • [_EZ_] _EZ_
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011
[sarcasm]
but, but that would mean WG would have to give YOU money!?! NEVER
[/sarcasm]

AceF #3 Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 11419 battles
  • 695
  • Member since:
    07-06-2010
Wont happen, WOT want all the money :P

Otherwise it is a good idea I think...

Treborn #4 Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14589 battles
  • 2,282
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    12-15-2011
Its a great idea, a win-win for both sides. They can sell more gold, all the real life currency goes to WG and some gold (virtual cash) goes to the reseller. Sounds legit.

These BoF old farts really come up with good ideas regularly.

lonigus #5 Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27738 battles
  • 6,788
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    09-26-2011

View PostAceF, on 04 July 2012 - 08:25 AM, said:

Wont happen, WOT want all the money :P

Otherwise it is a good idea I think...

Its not like they pay him much. Affilliate programs are very common within internet shop companies.

Gives:

- more chances to sell to ppl (the more spread the more see it)
- more PR

XiTiX #6 Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11538 battles
  • 4,328
  • Member since:
    05-01-2011
The way it is now at least you can be sure that you can only buy gold at WOT homepage and dont get scammed. If there was affiliate program scams would certainly grow.

Treborn #7 Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14589 battles
  • 2,282
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    12-15-2011

View PostXiTiX, on 04 July 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

The way it is now at least you can be sure that you can only buy gold at WOT homepage and dont get scammed. If there was affiliate program scams would certainly grow.

Not quite.

If you post a banner on your clan`s site witch redirects to World Of Tanks homepage its still affiliate. You dont buy gold from other sites, just get redirected.

SHADOWTHX1138 #8 Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:54 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 25846 battles
  • 68
  • Member since:
    02-12-2012

View PostXiTiX, on 04 July 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

The way it is now at least you can be sure that you can only buy gold at WOT homepage and dont get scammed. If there was affiliate program scams would certainly grow.

You would still ONLY be able to buy gold from the WOT shop, but the affiliate link would also provide a unique Clan ID so WOT would know from where the sale came.

bushwacker001 #9 Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Clan Commander
  • 25295 battles
  • 2,282
  • [-NMZ-] -NMZ-
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011

View PostTreborn, on 04 July 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

These BoF old farts really come up with good ideas regularly.

Shadow, please could we also have a link to Stannah stairlifts, Sunshine Homes for the Elderly and waterprooof under garments? :Smile_smile:

SHADOWTHX1138 #10 Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 25846 battles
  • 68
  • Member since:
    02-12-2012

View Postbushwacker001, on 04 July 2012 - 09:16 AM, said:

Shadow, please could we also have a link to Stannah stairlifts, Sunshine Homes for the Elderly and waterprooof under garments? :Smile_smile:

Don’t be lazy just search google. I was wondering why I  smell of lavender and urine..  Old people... Don't you just love em?

XiTiX #11 Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:29 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11538 battles
  • 4,328
  • Member since:
    05-01-2011

View PostSHADOWTHX1138, on 04 July 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

You would still ONLY be able to buy gold from the WOT shop, but the affiliate link would also provide a unique Clan ID so WOT would know from where the sale came.
I still think there is security threat there. People might think they are on WOT page, but in fact they could be just farmed.

bushwacker001 #12 Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Clan Commander
  • 25295 battles
  • 2,282
  • [-NMZ-] -NMZ-
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011

View PostXiTiX, on 04 July 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

I still think there is security threat there. People might think they are on WOT page, but in fact they could be just farmed.


No  because you will still have to go through the log-in and password page......where's me imperial mints?

SHADOWTHX1138 #13 Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 25846 battles
  • 68
  • Member since:
    02-12-2012

View PostXiTiX, on 04 July 2012 - 09:29 AM, said:

I still think there is security threat there. People might think they are on WOT page, but in fact they could be just farmed.

There IS a security risk in ALL transaction made online. An affiliate link will not affect the security risk.

You can always check the web address in the Nav bar.

WhyYouSpotMee #14 Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24394 battles
  • 194
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011

View PostSHADOWTHX1138, on 04 July 2012 - 08:20 AM, said:

I run a clan website and it would be fantastic to be able to put an affiliate link to purchase gold on the site.

As an affiliate, when members purchase gold through the link the clan actually get a small commission also in the from of gold for using the affiliate link.

Once a clan is registered you should get an affiliate link for gold purchases. This in turn would promote the WOT Site, promote the purchase of gold and in turn give the Clan a small income also..

Thousands of companies run affiliate programs. Its definitely something that Wargaming.net should be looking at...

What do you think?

No way, it means 1000's would buy through the clan webs. Even if the commission will be small like 1%. It means - 1% of each transaction ^^... People would like to stay loyal with their clans, and soon could happened that WoT resigned from some of their profit. Will you do that if you were a businessman ?

SHADOWTHX1138 #15 Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 25846 battles
  • 68
  • Member since:
    02-12-2012

View PostCassius, on 04 July 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

No way, it means 1000's would buy through the clan webs. Even if the commission will be small like 1%. It means - 1% of each transaction ^^... People would like to stay loyal with their clans, and soon could happened that WoT resigned from some of their profit. Will you do that if you were a businessman ?

It’s called good community relations. Multination companies give away Millions of Pounds, Dollars every year.

If Wargaming.net are so community focused and wants a great community then it’s something I think they should consider.

What harm would there be in giving a little back to the community ? Apart from micro ammount of thir profits.

Treborn #16 Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14589 battles
  • 2,282
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    12-15-2011
I was expecting opposition to this idea from the management not from the community, wtf guys? :lol:

CarroStimpak #17 Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Player
  • 4799 battles
  • 1,023
  • [DSI] DSI
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011
Sharing the pie? Never.

_DiscoDave_ #18 Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17490 battles
  • 834
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011
Very good idea, but as has been said, it means WoT giving away something for nothing, more chance of those 6 numbers mate.

miljac #19 Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 25120 battles
  • 478
  • Member since:
    01-30-2011

View PostBushwaka, on 04 July 2012 - 10:28 AM, said:

Very good idea, but as has been said, it means WoT giving away something for nothing, more chance of those 6 numbers mate.
this. wg does not share. they need to make money while can because i think warplanes will bomb and by the time battleships are out no one will be left to care.

_DiscoDave_ #20 Posted 04 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Player
  • 17490 battles
  • 834
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011

View Postmiljac, on 04 July 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

this. wg does not share. they need to make money while can because i think warplanes will bomb and by the time battleships are out no one will be left to care.

Off-topic:
Warplanes will bomb, I have played IL-2 Sturmovik, and there is no way on gods earth you would ever tempt any of the IL2 players away from that game, that is the ultimate aerial combat game, and there is no way WG will get close.