Link between T-44 upgraded turret and ammo rack explosions?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

aggressive_perfector #1 Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:19 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I've been playing the T-44 a while now without noticing any of the mythical endemic ammo rack explosions... until now. I finally got around to upgrading my turret for the 100mm, and now I'm getting them ALL THE TIME. Of the few games I've played so far, about roughly half of them had my ammo rack getting hit and detonating. Having more armor and HP ironically seem to have actually cut down my survivability. Is there anybody else out there who would like to confirm this observation? I know different tanks have their quirks and all, but a detonating ammo rack is pretty much the most devastating thing that can happen to any tank. At least the Panther's penchant to catch on fire only slowly eats away their HP and MAY detonate the ammo rack.

I'm liking the 100mm more than I thought I would and all, but if this continues, I may just stick with the 85mm. The ability to engage a wider variety of tanks and end fights faster is not worth getting one shot all the time.

Hercegov #2 Posted 11 October 2010 - 04:03 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Same experience, not sure if it was after the turret but overall had huge problems with T-44 and module/crew/ammo rack hits. It became too frustrating, sold it. That tank needs to be looked at, I see most  people have absolutely no issues and there isn't a who lot negative talk about it around the forums like there was about the Tiger, but the T-44, for me anyways, was way worse then the Tiger.

coolbro #3 Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:26 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Ive been racked two games in a row at times and I haven't been racked in over two weeks. I don't have wet ammo rack and I have been using the 100mm ever since I could put it on. just one of those things with RNG I guess.

Asky_ #4 Posted 11 October 2010 - 06:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
It's because of the upgraded turret

check this link and scroll down to T-44 to see how it looks with the upgraded turret

coolbro #5 Posted 11 October 2010 - 07:33 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
no it has nothing to do with the turret. I'm sure people would love t-44's to run around with the basic turret and shooting the 85mm but like I said I can count out of 363 battles only a handful of ammo racks going up , and that is like I said with the 100mm cannon which REQUIRES the T-44B turret , or the "upgraded" turret as you call it.

General_Lee_Wick3d #6 Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Never really had an issue with the ammo rack in any configuration. But i rarely sit still, go face to face, or pause to fire.
My friends and I all drive 44's and rarely see issues with ammo rack exploding. The one friend of mine who does tends to sit still and "snipe".
That leads us to belive he gets auto aimed a lot more as a T44 tends to get put on auto aimed due to our speed and auto aim tends to fall around the turret ring area which would lead to a lot of rounds landing in that "sweet soft spot".

Hazardz #7 Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 32145 battles
Last night I had an epedemic of ammo rack explosions and got taken from 100% > DEAD on 5-6 occassions in around a dozen battles. Been playing for a week or so in my T44 before that and had not really had many but all of a sudden the tank was unplayable due to it. I have now fitted a wet ammo rack so I hope that helps with the problem or I will be leaving it in the garage to keep my JagdTiger company whilst I play a different tank.

Edlobo #8 Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 40245 battles
I got the new turret this weekend and my ammo rack keeps getting blown, last night twice in one round ;the latter being fatal. really annoying, I've had much more fun with the T43

aggressive_perfector #9 Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:16 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
I've been playing a bit more, and the incidence rate of exploding ammo racks has (thankfully) dropped down a lot. It still happens a lot more often than when I was running the stock turret, however, but appears to be tolerable without the wet ammo rack.

tramazi #10 Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 24788 battles
  • [TAC] TAC
yep I get lots (And lots) of turret jammed problems but the T-44 is way better than any other tank

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users