Please don't share free XP in World of.... series!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Share Free XP? (16 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you think that sharing free XP in World of....series is a good Idea?

1. Yes (12 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Perhaps but only if you already have a high Tier in all available games (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Hide poll

CritticalError #1 Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8125 battles
I just found out that Wargaming is planing to share gold and free XP through all three planed games. At first I thought, that this would be a cool thing but than I started thinking. In WOT we like to call people a Löwe Noob. This actually means that a new player bought a T8 Premium, often without knowing how to drive it and starts farming XP and credits with it. Then it's possible to unlock hightier Tanks using free XP bought from the Löwe and Credits earned with that tank. The result is often a player who who doesn't knbow how to drive his tank cause he gained his high Tier in a ridicullus short playspan. Of couse there are noticeable exceptions.

But how bad can it get? Immagine someone has over 100000 free XP and decides to unlock an airplane right after release of WOT. Guess he would unlock a T7 or 8 airplane. WITHOUT HAVING FLOWN A SINGLE MATCH. If someone like that hardly wants a cool plane right from the start he could buy the plane by using Credits exchanged from Gold or getting Credits fast by flying a high Tier premium plane.

Now: How is this worse than a "Löwe-Noob"? Actually you can get a high tier plane without flying a single Match (or a hightier Tank without ever having driven a tank). The "Löwe-Noob" has at least earned enough XP on his Löwe that he can unlock a regular High Tier (by changing bound to free XP). The player unlocking planes with XP from other games in the series doesn't need to have. I gues you don't want a Top Tier in your Team who asks "How do I steer that thing" at the start of the battle.

My proposal would be to allow people to change free XP through the games, but only if they have already proven, that they know how to play. This could either be after the first few hundred battles or you would have to reach a certain Tier in both games first.

Note for above: I know that not every Premium tank driver is automaticaly bad (I drive Matilda myself) there are players who mastered Löwe or KV-5. Just used the term Löwe_noob for explanation, since most players will understand what I mean.
Ps: And I know that I'm not actually a good tanker myself. But at least I can say, that I earned my tanks the hard way. Bought my Matilda in the last event.

Eisenengel #2 Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

Private

• Translator
  • 11311 battles
As long as the chance of the 'noob' being on the enemy or friendly team is equal, I don't see a real problem with this.

CritticalError #3 Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8125 battles
Wellm it's not actually about Noobs, but about players, who have round 200k XP and around 15k Gold beeing able to fly a Tier 10 plane or ship in the first game they play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users