Jump to content


AMX 13 90 in 7.5 are they mad or still op?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
256 replies to this topic

rodier #1 Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Banned
  • 8636 battles
  • 631
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011
Are they mad. or it will be same op as before?

Ziddix #2 Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17502 battles
  • 1,801
  • [LEOEL] LEOEL
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011
Shhhhhh... shhhhhhhh *me tries to comfort*

They still get the same matchmaking. Or so they say anyways.

Polski11 #3 Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:29 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37450 battles
  • 1,324
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    02-01-2012

View PostFoeHamster419, on 14 July 2012 - 01:17 AM, said:

Shhhhhh... shhhhhhhh *me tries to comfort*

They still get the same matchmaking. Or so they say anyways.

ye, dont be stupid! same MM?! new T10 meds and heavies against amx 13 90? 170 pen versus their armor will be useless! in test server with amx 13 90 u play with 13 T10 + T8 arti + u (amx 13 90)=only scout and die by oneshot (T10 TDs) or 2shots (T10 heavies/meds)....they will do with AMX 13 90 a new Pz 38 Na

_HOXTON_ #4 Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:37 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37658 battles
  • 588
  • Member since:
    03-27-2012
i'm just playing this line and today bought 13 75 at half price but seems this tank is screwed! seriously how can you make a tank one tier higher but the same gun! pfffffffffffff

Zenith #5 Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 4457 battles
  • 3,237
  • Member since:
    07-05-2010
A result of all the whine against these tanks when they first released. Funny how fast WG bent over backwards to nerf these particular tanks, yet those with real issues are never seriously addressed. :Smile_sceptic:

bigflyboy #6 Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2040 battles
  • 291
  • [GR81S] GR81S
  • Member since:
    05-31-2012
amx12t at tier 6 is mad in my opinion. also if nobody has made a thread about it yet the new. the new french light tank that has been introduced is a very strange tank. its incredibly fast and agile but it cannot turn it turret all the way it can turn only a tiny ammount. when the turret reaches its limit the tank will turn like a TD but not exacly on the spot. this means playing this tank may be a little hard due to its strange turret and it gets a 90mm with no auto loader

Homer_J #7 Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:59 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 30916 battles
  • 33,286
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostDezhxim, on 14 July 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

i'm just playing this line and today bought 13 75 at half price but seems this tank is screwed! seriously how can you make a tank one tier higher but the same gun! pfffffffffffff

The 13-75 is OP and needs a nerf, the 13-90 is already considered as a tier 8 by the matchmaker.

If you don't like it then don't play them.  Sell it back for what you paid after the weekend.  Or sell it after the patch and make a tidy profit.

Elmis66 #8 Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21647 battles
  • 579
  • [HB] HB
  • Member since:
    09-20-2011

View PostDezhxim, on 14 July 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

i'm just playing this line and today bought 13 75 at half price but seems this tank is screwed! seriously how can you make a tank one tier higher but the same gun! pfffffffffffff

View Postrodier, on 14 July 2012 - 01:00 AM, said:

WTF?  it have still same gun ? on tier 8  170/240 ?

are they mad?

Well... T-44 tier 8, 175/230, almost the same gun as T-43 is epic. AMX can easly kill Lowe. What's your rage about?

Warheart1992 #9 Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:02 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13901 battles
  • 1,800
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011
Chaffee , VK2801 , and T50-2 get constantly tier 10 battles while weaker than the 13/75 or the 13/90 and none whines about them ......

L1nk001 #10 Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:19 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Tester
  • 9314 battles
  • 142
  • Member since:
    01-19-2011

View PostWarheart1992, on 14 July 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

Chaffee , VK2801 , and T50-2 get constantly tier 10 battles while weaker than the 13/75 or the 13/90 and none whines about them ......
Because they are scouts.

13 90s can't scout anywhere as well as them.

Vahal #11 Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:19 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16075 battles
  • 16,934
  • [BIMA] BIMA
  • Member since:
    08-18-2010
Causes those 3 light tanks are true scouts! With agility, effective speed and camo that AMX will never have! Btw try to fire on the move with AMX13 and you will understand another difference between T5 scouts and AMX12/13.

Elmis, AMX13/90 is 1000 HP against 1300 for T-44, it has a 40s reload, it CAN'T fire on the move unlike the T-44 with sniper LB-1 who is clearly BETTER than 90mm F3, AMX is less agile than the T8 med and it has absolutly NO armor with a critical damages fest each time you're hit. It has only 3 men crew who means a single guy out and several stats are fucked up (commander is radio, commander and loader and you lost him EVERYTIME you're hit)

Profanites and red letters moderated.
Hunter1911

Elmis66 #12 Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:27 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21647 battles
  • 579
  • [HB] HB
  • Member since:
    09-20-2011

View PostVahal, on 14 July 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

Elmis, AMX13/90 is 1000 HP against 1300 for T-44, it has a 40s reload, it CAN'T fire on the move unlike the T-44 with sniper LB-1 who is clearly BETTER than 90mm F3, AMX is less agile than the T8 med and it has absolutly NO armor with a critical damages fest each time you're hit. It has only 3 men crew who means a single guy out and several stats are fucked up (commander is radio, commander and loader and you lost him EVERYTIME you're hit)

So they suck already? Don't think so. Nothing really changes for them in MM. They'll get more hp for being an upper tier.
Right now, I wouldn't like to meet one with Panther/T-43, since I would get raped. In T-44 I find fighting Lorraines easier than those little devils.

I played Hellcat - no armor, and turns like it don't want to. I know how it is to play a tank that can't bounce without gigantic luck. But I love Hellcat.

P.S. have you tried that skill, which fastens your turning speed? It helps Hellcat.

Edited by Elmis66, 14 July 2012 - 03:30 AM.


Coincidence #13 Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23072 battles
  • 509
  • [VS_MM] VS_MM
  • Member since:
    08-06-2011

View PostVahal, on 14 July 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

removed

First of all they're fast reaction support force. Major roles: scouting (very good at that), chaos making (worse than T-50-2 thought), support fire (kinda ok), lone target hunting. And what is most important : 13 90 was considered by MM as tier VIII, nothing changes. T 10 mediums and TD's will make a difference for sure, but in my opinion that tank will find his place in battlefields.

Diedel #14 Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 5280 battles
  • 1,006
  • Member since:
    07-04-2010

View PostCoincidence, on 14 July 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

First of all they're fast reaction support force. Major roles: scouting (very good at that), chaos making (worse than T-50-2 thought), support fire (kinda ok), lone target hunting. And what is most important : 13 90 was considered by MM as tier VIII, nothing changes. T 10 mediums and TD's will make a difference for sure, but in my opinion that tank will find his place in battlefields.

Even with the top engine the AMX 13/90 is far slower and more sluggish than the scouts.

They are good if you have a decent team that opens up opportunities for you to exploit, if your team sucks you often can't do much.

And the MM is worse now, you are basically a T9.5 tank, would you prefer a AMX 13/90 or a T-54/T-62A on your team ?

Elmis66 #15 Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21647 battles
  • 579
  • [HB] HB
  • Member since:
    09-20-2011

View PostDiedel, on 14 July 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

AMX 13/90 or a T-54/T-62A on your team ?

Don't feel any difference in randoms, since most of the players play kamikaze scouts in both of them o.O I saw one in T-62A too xD

Coincidence #16 Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23072 battles
  • 509
  • [VS_MM] VS_MM
  • Member since:
    08-06-2011

View PostDiedel, on 14 July 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

Even with the top engine the AMX 13/90 is far slower and more sluggish than the scouts.

They are good if you have a decent team that opens up opportunities for you to exploit, if your team sucks you often can't do much.

And the MM is worse now, you are basically a T9.5 tank, would you prefer a AMX 13/90 or a T-54/T-62A on your team ?

Scouting does not mean only active scouting and suicide scouting. Scouting can be passive and very effective on that tank. And you don't need a good team to do a lot in a game but you can't win alone - true for most tanks.

MM stays the same lad, please .... I'm not lazy to learn the charts so here ya go:

7.4
Spoiler                     
7.5
Spoiler                     
Check carefully the MM for tier VII light tanks in 7.4 chart and compare that with VIII light tanks in 7.5 chart .

And I will prefer good AMX player, I don't like the looks of T-54/T-62.

Truth to be told, only bad news for 13 90 drivers is lack of tier VI tank in their MM thx to the tier spread but that affects loads of tanks. In my opinion good players won't feel much of a difference, bad players .. well .. they have problems with paper thin AMX series already.

Diedel #17 Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 5280 battles
  • 1,006
  • Member since:
    07-04-2010

View PostCoincidence, on 14 July 2012 - 11:12 AM, said:

Scouting does not mean only active scouting and suicide scouting. Scouting can be passive and very effective on that tank. And you don't need a good team to do a lot in a game but you can't win alone - true for most tanks.

MM stays the same lad, please .... I'm not lazy to learn the charts so here ya go:

7.4
Spoiler                     
7.5
Spoiler                     
Check carefully the MM for tier VII light tanks in 7.4 chart and compare that with VIII light tanks in 7.5 chart .

And I will prefer good AMX player, I don't like the looks of T-54/T-62.

Truth to be told, only bad news for 13 90 drivers is lack of tier VI tank in their MM thx to the tier spread but that affects loads of tanks. In my opinion good players won't feel much of a difference, bad players .. well .. they have problems with paper thin AMX series already.

If you check the charts you can see that in 0.7.4 the MM was identical to the T9 tanks (except for the T9 meds that have T10 spread), but in 0.7.5 you will have a MM starting at the T9 range, but you also get the BT 12, the exclusive T10 group. So i would cal that's a bit worse than before, especially as you will lose the T6 chance.

My concern is that you have far to many negative aspects on this tank. You have horrible gun up/down movement, sluggish performance (for a tank that gets treated as a scout), a crappy gun and half the HP of most opponents if you compare it to the T9/10 tanks that share this MM range. It can be played in that range, like many other tanks could ar above the own tier, but there are so many things you absolutely can't do in it that i wonder if it is really balanced. Passive scouting is ok, but you will have an eve nharder time with far more medium out there that can match your speed, those will also make the "run" part extremely hard as some of them can nearly drive circles around you.

Edited by Diedel, 14 July 2012 - 01:05 PM.


jhonny82 #18 Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7113 battles
  • 33
  • [1RGT] 1RGT
  • Member since:
    01-29-2011
financial income... that's the change! AMX 13 90 was one of my moneymaker (my favourite), a promotion in tier VIII just kill the profit...

willTell #19 Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 10108 battles
  • 626
  • Member since:
    12-01-2010
170 pen is enough to take down almost anything and considering 1390 was t8 anyways, not much changes.
I was only hoping to get a slight rof improvement with the patch, or acceleration wouldn't be bad either.

Coincidence #20 Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:05 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23072 battles
  • 509
  • [VS_MM] VS_MM
  • Member since:
    08-06-2011

View PostDiedel, on 14 July 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

If you check the charts you can see that in 0.7.4 the MM was identical to the T9 tanks (except for the T9 meds that have T10 spread), but in 0.7.5 you will have a MM starting at the T9 range, but you also get the BT 12, the exclusive T10 group. So i would cal that's a bit worse than before, especially as you will lose the T6 chance.

My concern is that you have far to many negative aspects on this tank. You have horrible gun up/down movement, sluggish performance (for a tank that gets treated as a scout), a crappy gun and half the HP of most opponents if you compare it to the T9/10 tanks that share this MM range. It can be played in that range, like many other tanks could ar above the own tier, but there are so many things you absolutely can't do in it that i wonder if it is really balanced. Passive scouting is ok, but you will have an eve nharder time with far more medium out there that can match your speed, those will also make the "run" part extremely hard as some of them can nearly drive circles around you.

Tier spred aim for more tanks than just 13 90. Ya shall blame new MM short spread formula, not only for 13 90. In my opinion it's not worse its just different. Negative aspects of that tank are not a problem for me, I have learned how to deal with gun while driving AMX 12t, and 13 75, sluggish performance ... well....really? In all my battles while driving AMX series I don't feel that I'm afraid. Sure it's not T-50-2 but when I need T-50-2 speed to run away it's just my own fault - not the tank itself.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users